PDA

View Full Version : Hey You all!!!

bow2yoda
14.09.2017, 00:38
Just me yoda here. wanted to be the first to thank you all for the forums. things should be much more organized and accessible for the community. Kudos and thank you to the CEMU team.

Serfrost
14.09.2017, 00:59
Cheers to that. ;)

bow2yoda
14.09.2017, 01:55
i wanna like your comment, but there is no +rep system yet. if its not already in the works, might be a decent suggestion

Brian
14.09.2017, 03:01
+rep system

No thanks.

epigramx
14.09.2017, 07:02
i wanna like your comment, but there is no +rep system yet. if its not already in the works, might be a decent suggestion

No thanks.

Yeah, it's a controversial issue because it has positives and negatives. Reddit is good at showing what is popular. However, at the same time it's susceptible to the Bandwagon fallacy (https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/bandwagon).

Serfrost
14.09.2017, 08:06
Likes only wouldn't be too bad in my opinion.

epigramx
14.09.2017, 08:11
Likes only wouldn't be too bad in my opinion.
It's still a popularity contest so it doesn't change much.

Knots
14.09.2017, 08:42
The only popularity contest that matters is join date, member # and post count amirite?

In all seriousness, I think a "like" function is a good idea, gives lurkers something to do that makes them feel more engaged even if they don't have anything of substance to say. Pretty easy to implement on vBull, too.

epigramx
14.09.2017, 08:51
The only popularity contest that matters is join date, member # and post count amirite?

In all seriousness, I think a "like" function is a good idea, gives lurkers something to do that makes them feel more engaged even if they don't have anything of substance to say. Pretty easy to implement on vBull, too.
Any decision on the matter will have a positive and a negative hit. If you implement it people will be happy to see what is popular but they will be unhappy that they are now judged by not being liked (there is practically little difference between getting downvotes and not getting upvotes). if you do not implement it people will be happy to see that they are now not judged (possibly by silent lurkers that never show their face) and others will be unhappy that they don't have a way to show their appreciation without having to reply with a "Thanks".

My personal opinion is: I respect the positives of this, however we already have an official Reddit place so we do have already a venue to show what is popular in Cemu so that feature here will have very little value in the big picture of Cemu.

NAVras
14.09.2017, 10:39
maybe just "thank" and "report" like xda, hopefully less abuse and thread won't be spammed with thanks.

imo forum is for discussion, not just leave my opinion here or vote others based on it.
i personally blame reddit rep system for making ppl judge others, and causing problem (https://youtu.be/0m9E9Ewhack)s

AMDIntel
14.09.2017, 16:59
I like the idea of a "thank" option. Its probably most applicable in the support section, but I would use it.

Dante
14.09.2017, 17:58
First thing that came to mind when I saw the thread title. XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Vv5CsP1pAg

As a lurker I like the idea of a 'Thank' option for posts.

chrono
14.09.2017, 18:17
Hello everyone! This forum is great. Much better than reddit. :p

bow2yoda
14.09.2017, 19:59
thats kinda what i was suggesting... only a like or +rep. thats all lol... sometimes you just wanna give someone a thumbs up instead of adding uselessness to the chat.

charju
14.09.2017, 21:29
Hey everyone! One of the mods of /r/cemumariomaker is here (and I saw the second one lurking around as well) :D

ax_cap
15.09.2017, 03:35
good to be here!!!

Bourne
15.09.2017, 06:11
Hello from Russia!!!

bow2yoda
15.09.2017, 20:02
LMAO!!!!!!!!! now what i was going for but ill take it lol

Drakonas
19.09.2017, 02:58
Just me yoda here. wanted to be the first to thank you all for the forums. things should be much more organized and accessible for the community. Kudos and thank you to the CEMU team.

Just wanted to pop in and say welcome! I had no part in the forums, but I am a moderator on the Discord, so I will say it's nice that someone is willing to simply post to thank the team. :)

Zelda
19.09.2017, 04:03
At last, the proper forum section!
I waited for this since Reddit is blocked by my ISP.
I hope this forum will be the central of anything related to CEMU.

MrRavens
21.09.2017, 19:57
It's great that we now have a little forum to discuss this stuff haha. Great to meet everyone here, you guys can just call me Ravens. :cool: