PDA

View Full Version : Performance has not improved with Cemu 1.11.3

sasensio
01.01.2018, 06:55
Hi everyone, Happy new Year!!! :)

I have an AMD FX8350 with eight core but it seems that with new Cemu 1.11.3 I get the same performance activating single core option than activating triple core option.
The FPS are around 18 outside and 15-16 in Kakariko Village with both options, does not increase with more cores :S.

Could anybody help me? :)

This is my PC information:

AMD FX 8350 Black Edition
8 GB Ram
Graphic Card: Sapphire R9 270x 4GB

Greetings!!

epigramx
01.01.2018, 09:16
It might be our bad AMD OpenGL drivers :( I get similar behavior (or the benefit is too small).

StuartTheFish
05.01.2018, 23:04
I'm on an i5 4690k clocked to 4.5ghz, and I see no improvement either I'm afraid.

epigramx
05.01.2018, 23:17
I had discussed it a little with Exzap. It's mainly that now our emulated CPUs might be extremely fast compared to the emulated GPUs so even if we made it a lot lighter with multicore recompiler, the GPU emulation is still at the state it was before this new feature.

tl;dr: it helps almost nothing or totally nothing regarding our slow OpenGL drivers problem; it helps only the CPU emulation side.

sasensio
06.01.2018, 03:30
Yeah I agree with you ,all comments that I have read point to slow OpenGL drivers for AMD GPU.
Some people say that in Linux these drivers are better and the Cemu performance increases.
Maybe one day I install Linux in a partionated hard disk and test it :P.

epigramx
06.01.2018, 12:13
Mesa drivers are about 35% faster here, consistently; they also render better. Main problem with linux is that several software tools do not exist on it and it's generally a hobby to set it up.

werpu
09.01.2018, 08:38
I'm on an i5 4690k clocked to 4.5ghz, and I see no improvement either I'm afraid.

I guess you guys are all GPU bottlenecked. This is simple to check load a demanding game like BOTW and check your processor load.
You should hit on at least 3 cores (if you have the multicore stuff enabled) 100% if you are below that, ie, like 50% or so,
then the gpu definitely is the limiting factor.

epigramx
09.01.2018, 12:43
Not really; our results are same or almost same on very low GPU hardware load. On Cemu emulation there is a concept of an emulated GPU and that is the bottleneck here.

When we got the multicore compiler, our emulated CPU became much faster, however, our emulated GPU remained single-threaded and AMD drivers are capping it sooner.

Strajder
12.01.2018, 13:07
Hi everyone, Happy new Year!!! :)

I have an AMD FX8350 with eight core but it seems that with new Cemu 1.11.3 I get the same performance activating single core option than activating triple core option.
The FPS are around 18 outside and 15-16 in Kakariko Village with both options, does not increase with more cores :S.

Could anybody help me? :)

This is my PC information:

AMD FX 8350 Black Edition
8 GB Ram
Graphic Card: Sapphire R9 270x 4GB

Greetings!!

I also have FX 8350 overclocked to 4.5Ghz with 16gb ram and 1060GTX and for me there is a solid fps boost with this version of Cemu when using triple-core recompiler but even with this my cpu usage is just 60% and 40% if I use dual-core recompiler. Dunno why is that because I read that some users said that with dual and triple core recompilers theirs cpu usage is 100%:confused: Fps goes from 30 to 60 depending of the area but average fps is 45 which is playable for me. The only annoying thing is some stuttering I have and cannot get rid of it even with all the stutter fixes I was able to find on the net.

epigramx
12.01.2018, 18:12
Dunno why is that
Don't believe everything you read. Sometimes they have another CPU model (with fewer cores) and they don't know it, or they have something else running in the background, or they only check usage during shader compilation and the NVIDIA driver is known to fully multithread at that point.

During regular gaming the Emulator can't use more than 4 cores in full plus some more, mainly depended on drivers (NVIDIA drivers might do 10 to 30% usage of an extra core).

Strajder
13.01.2018, 18:41
Don't believe everything you read. Sometimes they have another CPU model (with fewer cores) and they don't know it, or they have something else running in the background, or they only check usage during shader compilation and the NVIDIA driver is known to fully multithread at that point.

During regular gaming the Emulator can't use more than 4 cores in full plus some more, mainly depended on drivers (NVIDIA drivers might do 10 to 30% usage of an extra core).

So you are saying that cemu using only 60% of my cpu actually working as intended?

Xalphenos
14.01.2018, 03:30
So you are saying that cemu using only 60% of my cpu actually working as intended?

Yes indeed. Cemu can now use only 4 cores. Plus a little bit of a 5th depending. If you have more cores than that then cemu can’t use 100% of your cpu. 5 cores of 8 is roughly 62%

StuartTheFish
22.01.2018, 10:33
I guess you guys are all GPU bottlenecked. This is simple to check load a demanding game like BOTW and check your processor load.
You should hit on at least 3 cores (if you have the multicore stuff enabled) 100% if you are below that, ie, like 50% or so,
then the gpu definitely is the limiting factor.

My 980ti shouldn't be a bottleneck. BOTW, 20fps. Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, 15-25fps. Mario Kart 8 genally runs at 60fps though, apart from random dips. Grumble volcano knocks my PC on it's arse though.

epigramx
22.01.2018, 10:40
NVIDIA drivers are very efficient and the emulated GPU runs well with them. Non-BotW games will get help from the multicore compiler - depended on game engine - because it makes the emulated CPU extremely light to a local system with more than two full CPU cores; it should work on all games once the bugs are fixed, because the Wii U itself has 3 cores, it's not per-game.

StuartTheFish
22.01.2018, 10:49
Most things become unstable for me if I enable dual or triple core, but I read that was to be expected anyway since focus has been on BOTW since it launched. General opinion is that you leave it on single core for everything but BOTW for now. But if both my overclocked 4690k at 4.5ghz and 980ti should be easily up to the job, why is my system struggling with most games on Cemu, other than simpler stuff like MK8, Mario 3d world, etc?

epigramx
22.01.2018, 11:55
It hasn't got any update publicly; we only got the first version this month. We have confirmation that at least one relevant bug has been fixed regarding it for the next version.

In any case, it should eventually work for all games, and if you're lucky they use the Wii U extra cores (most of them should do, at least in a small way).

Xalphenos
22.01.2018, 22:07
overclocked 4690k at 4.5ghz and 980ti

This shouldn't struggle with any games. At least the games that actually do run well of course. How much ram do you have?

StuartTheFish
24.01.2018, 12:30
I've got 16gb DDR3 Xalphenos. Some games run very well, like Guacamelee, Mario 3D World, Toads Treasure Tracker, etc. All the easy ones. But when I try BOTW, my only benchmarch since that's all anyone seems to talk about nowadays, I can only get 20-25fps no matter what I do. It makes no difference which graphics packs I use or not, which CPU or timer settings I try, etc. In Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze I only get around 15-20 fps whenever DK or Diddy are on screen, Mario Kart 8 normally runs great, but has random but regular hitches in framerate, more so on multiplayer, grumble volcano completely knocks it on it's arse FPS wise, etc. And I've no idea why. My system is running nice and cool, so no thermal throttling going on, nothing else running in the background, etc.

Don't suppose you've got any ideas?

epigramx
24.01.2018, 12:46
Did you do the regular performance tweaks? The main ones are fps++, dual+ core recompiler, gpu-cache accuracy set to low, fence skip if fps++ isn't used, or also disabling drawdone sync.

All of the above with the exception of multicore recompiler are inaccurate emulation and may produce glitches.

StuartTheFish
24.01.2018, 13:19
Yep, tried all of it. But like I say, I'm only trying BOTW for benchmarking since that's all people are currently talking about. My main gripe is the slowdowns in MK8 and DK. I wouldn't mind seeing the graphics in Tekken fixed for Nvidia too, but we can't have everything. :-)