PDA

View Full Version : CEMU roadmap ?

diabolik
23.01.2018, 18:30
Hello

might i ask if there is a road map for CEMU ?
i think people would love to see short, medium and long term goals and the state of CEMU.

maybe a bug bounty for the community or even small problems for them to help solve. I think this will bring more attention to the project and help gather even more traction.

Serfrost
25.01.2018, 21:44
In reality they are just working on what is most important when it comes to their attention. The most of a "roadmap" that we have is that Vulkan implementation is planned within the year.

diabolik
26.01.2018, 08:20
how will you handle the Vulkan testing ?
do you need volunteers ?

epigramx
26.01.2018, 11:24
Exzap knows for certain but I doubt testing is an immediate concern at the moment since it's early. He also has several AMD and NVIDIA cards himself.

Mugen
26.01.2018, 16:49
What can we expect from Vulkan. I assume it will give us a few fps more.
But will it solve the shaders problem?

epigramx
26.01.2018, 17:07
If it's done well it should be a large benefit to AMD GPU users on Windows (NVIDIA's OpenGL driver is already very optimized). It's a whole new rendering API so talking about specific issues like shadowing is irrelevant at this point; it may have none of those issues and introduce entirely new ones.

diabolik
26.01.2018, 18:18
very glad for vulkan... but a year away seems a very long time :(
nevertheless , thank you for the hard work! ;)

epigramx
26.01.2018, 18:34
Just to be clear, nobody in this thread is directly involved in the development of the Vulkan backend.