PDA

View Full Version : RVL-CNT-01-TR contoller support methods

blueoval24
19.09.2017, 21:45
SOLVED. See post on second page

I recently bought a Luigi themed wiimote for my daughter and it has "Wii motion plus" inside. Unfortunately, I can no longer use Touchmote as an interface program since Touchmote mentions that the "RVL-CNT-01-TR" wiimote is not compatible with it. Is anyone using this wiimote as a controller in Cemu successfully, and if so, could you please describe in detail the process in which you got it to work?

Currently I can connect it to my Windows 10 Creators update PC, but it will not be assigned a player assignment (all 4 LEDs just blink) and I cannot configure any inputs. Thanks to all for any recommendations.

EDIT added support Template:

Operating System (OS): Windows 10 Creators update

CPU Model: i7-7820K

GPU Model: GTX 1080

RAM Size:16 GB

HDD or SSD (provide remaining storage space): SSD 100 GB remaining (avialible)

---

Game: All

Game Version: NA

Your problem in detail: Cannot Use wiimote with "wii motion plus inside"

What you have tried: connecting via bluetooth

---

Additional Comments:

SOLVED. See post on second page

Serfrost
20.09.2017, 04:16
I'm sorry that you haven't found any help with this since you posted on Reddit, but... hm.

There are alternative ways to set up Wii Motes to the PC, but I'm not versed in them.

If you can somehow manage to get it connected, you can try using Joy2Key in order to register buttons (if button registering with Cemu doesn't work)--but if you're requesting motion control, then I'm not sure.

blueoval24
20.09.2017, 20:10
Thats quite alright. I've actually tried posting on Discord as well with zero luck.

I am not looking to use motion control, just simply connect this wiimote to my PC, assign a player designation, and control inputs. I do not even mind binding it to keyboard keys as that would be a preferred method. However, I cannot seem to get that far. I will look at Joy2Key, but my concern would be it not assigning player designation (LEDs constantly blinking.)

AMDIntel
20.09.2017, 20:30
I'm not sure how much help I can be, but I'll throw in my two cents. I used a little program to connect TR Wii remotes (ones with Wii motion plus) to my laptop when I was using Dolphin, since it could only pick up non-TR Wii remotes. I can't remember or find where I got it, but I still have the program. All it does is allow the Wii remote to connect via Bluetooth to your PC. It does not map any buttons or anything, but it let Dolphin see the remote and it worked great.

I'm not sure if this will help you at all since you said you can connect the remote to your PC, and just can't get any mapping or player designation to work. I'll try to find where I got it, but if you want it I can put it on google drive or something.

blueoval24
20.09.2017, 20:43
AMDIntel, thanks for the reply! Let me know if you happen to find the program. I did stumble accross a program that someone wrote as a their thesis on how to get remotes connected by modifying HID protocol, however I was unable to make that work as well.

Just some more background info. After I get my TR wiimote "connected", I can open Dolphin, go to controller inputs, and then it will recognize the TR wiimote via dolphin. However Dolphin is the ONLY program that will recognize it as a game controller input. Even if I am running dolphin, connect the TR wiimote, then open Cemu...Cemu will still not recognize any inputs.

EDIT: this is the program I tried as well but may not be using it correctly. I posted in the comments there as well:
https://www.julianloehr.de/educational-work/hid-wiimote/

Serfrost
20.09.2017, 23:25
Without using TR Wiimote, can't you just connect the Wiimote using Bluetooth default?

Then use that instead of TR Wiimote configuration.

blueoval24
20.09.2017, 23:33
Without using TR Wiimote, can't you just connect the Wiimote using Bluetooth default?

Then use that instead of TR Wiimote configuration.

My apologies, but not sure I follow. I am using the bluetooth default to connect the RVL-CNT-01-TR wiimote. But once it "connects", LEDS still blink and windows does not recognize any inputs.

Are you saying I should use a regular wiimote instead (no wii motion plus inside)? While I have those and they do work, that defeats the purpose of this post/issue.

Serfrost
20.09.2017, 23:52
Ah, sorry, just making sure.

AMDIntel
21.09.2017, 03:15
I haven't been able to locate the tool I used, but I can upload it and link it later. I did find this post about using a Wii-motion plus Remote as a mouse in Windows 10. Granted, that's not exactly what you are looking for, but it may help you out with some other mapping software.
https://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/237984/can-i-use-a-wii-motionplus-remote-as-a-mouse-in-windows-10

AMDIntel
21.09.2017, 15:04
Here is the program I used. There is also a standard wii remote version, but I used the TR one. Again, this might not help, but here is a link to google drive since I couldn't find where I got it.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4mOrMBQOs0LNmltTnQzc0dtUlk/view?usp=sharing

blueoval24
21.09.2017, 17:27
Awesome, I will give that program a go tonight. Also, I've been talking to the developer of HIDwiimote and he gave me some direction on maybe using his driver and x360ce to help map keys using the TR remote. Thanks again for your help and will report back once I finally get a chance to resolve this.

blueoval24
26.09.2017, 00:25
So finally found a solution after messing around with various input controlling programs that recognized the Wii motion plus controller. What worked for me was using a program called WiinUsoft which emulates any bluetooth input device as a xbox 360 controller for windows. For windows 10 CU, my steps (which have had a 100% success rate for me) are as follows:

1. Connect RVL-CNT-01-TR remote
*Find the Bluetooth icon in the system tray, Right Click, and select "Join a Personal Area Network"
*Then select "Add a device"
*Hit Sync button on wii remote and select the RVL-CNT-01-TR controller icon in the window of available devices.
*On the next screen leave the PIN field blank and hit "Next"
* After this process the wii mote will be "connected" to your PC, but will still be flashing the blue LED's

2. Open WiinUsoft program and Sync remote interface to wii motion plus wiimote
*The wiimote will be constantly flashing the blue LED's at this point and probably will not turn off
*Open the WiinUsoft program and hit the "sync" button within the WiinUsoft UI to pair the wii mote. This will assign a player designation to the wii mote and will stop blinking. You can choose which player is assigned in the settings menu.

3.Open Cemu and bind inputs
*Under the input menu in Cemu, select "Direct Input". Select Xbox 360 controller (for windows) under input menu. Do NOT select RV-CNT-01-TR option in this menu.
*You may now bind inputs to the available buttons depending on which controller configurations you choose. I hope this helps someone else as I spent way too much time trying to figure this out haha. Enjoy!!

Serfrost
26.09.2017, 07:41
Glad to see you found a fix. I'll keep this topic in mind if anyone else has issues with Wiimotes. :)