PDA

View Full Version : Feature request: Can we please remove the option to change audio device?

StuartTheFish
02.12.2018, 21:15
Hi all, I asked about this a few weeks ago, and got no replies whatsoever, so thought I'd ask again. Is there a way of just making Cemu default to whatever the default sound output is in windows, like it used to be? Or can this feature be removed or possible to toggle off in the next version of Cemu?

lucid
03.12.2018, 13:20
I recall there being a default audio option? Even though when there were more than 1 output I had to select the device. It stays on the device you last selected anyways. I rather like this feature as it is tbh

StuartTheFish
03.12.2018, 23:03
I don't, as I have my pc connected to both my monitor and speakers, and also a tv with soundbar. I have to toggle between the displays with the windows key and P, since if I just duplicate the displays I get tearing on the second disply regardless of whether VSYNC is on or not. When toggling displays, windows automatically alters the default audio device to suit, so uses my desktop speakers for when I'm using my monitor, or the TV audio outputs when I'm using the TV. That was all well and good until this setting was added where now Cemu has to be told which one to use. Means I have to go into Cemu and change it every single time I switch displays, instead of just sticking to the default output and transferring over with the display as it should.

lucid
04.12.2018, 03:23
I don't, as I have my pc connected to both my monitor and speakers, and also a tv with soundbar. I have to toggle between the displays with the windows key and P, since if I just duplicate the displays I get tearing on the second disply regardless of whether VSYNC is on or not. When toggling displays, windows automatically alters the default audio device to suit, so uses my desktop speakers for when I'm using my monitor, or the TV audio outputs when I'm using the TV. That was all well and good until this setting was added where now Cemu has to be told which one to use. Means I have to go into Cemu and change it every single time I switch displays, instead of just sticking to the default output and transferring over with the display as it should.

Well, I see what you mean. But I just don't think it is working as intended. Instead of having the ability to toggle, I think they should just work towards fixing it so that "Default Device" is actually using the default device in windows/linux