Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    New user

BOTW crashing since getting new CPU i5-9600k. Any help?

Since building a new pc with an i5-9600k, I can't get Zelda to play for more than 2 minutes in game before it crashes. Prior to this I've put in hours into the game and I'm running off a completed game save.

I've updated everything; cemu 1.15.2d, current graphics packs, Zelda Breath of the Wild v 1.5.0, cemuhook v 0.5.7.0.

Tried a different shader cache; no dice.

Followed BSoD's guides to the letter.

Crashes both with and without graphics packs enabled.

Log files attached, with all graphics packs disabled, and with just LWZX enabled.

Any pointers, or is it some incompatibility with my new cpu?

Thanks
    Last edited by j0etb; 01.03.2019 at 15:51.

Super-Moderator
    Well the middle log is crashing in your gpu drivers. It’s not much of a lead but that’s where you should start. Use ddu and uninstall your gpu drivers. Then reinstall the latest.

New user
    Thanks for the suggestion Xalphenos. I've now had the opportunity to try your suggestion - firstly I ran a standard driver uninstall and reinstall and CEMU crashed after a few minutes.

I then ran DDU completely removing the drivers, and reinstalled from scratch. It does appear more stable than before, but still only gave me about 5/10 minutes before crashing. I'm not doing anything too taxing in the game, just running around the area in front of the Great Plateau.

I've attached my latest log file, let me know if there's anything else I can try based on this.

Cheers
    Attached Files Attached Files

New user
    Also congratulations on your 400th post!

Super-Moderator
    Lol. Thanks.

It’s still crashing in your gpu driver. Try deleting everything in shadercache folder except the transferable folder. And for good measure delete everything in %localappdata%/nvidia. If that doesn’t work then do all that again and delete the transferable folder.

New user
    I've done everything suggested, although the nVidia folder wouldn't let me delete everything in it as some files were in use. Seems the only way to properly delete it is to run DDU, which I've done again for good measure, but then cemu won't load at all until reinstalling the gpu drivers.

Fully deleting everything in shadercache still makes the game crash after a few seconds.

Most recent log file attached

Super-Moderator
    Are you using another program to launch cemu?
    Do you have audio disabled?
    Is audio working?
    Are any other games in cemu working?

New user
    latest log uploaded just for completeness

Think it ran for 30 seconds this time

New user
    - No just launching cemu directly, then loading BOTW via front page or file menu
    - I did have the audio turned just whilst running tests, tried it again today with audio turned back up, crashed after 2 min
    - Audio works beautifully
    - Possibly not a fair test, but downloaded Advance Wars 2 because it was small, runs fine. I could go an download something with a more taxing 3d engine if you think that'll be necessary

Just want to say I appreciate your help here!

Let me know if there's anything else you need or that I should try. Haven't uploaded the log from the latest attempt but happy to provide if required

New user
    Updated cemu to v1.15.3b (cemuhook has not been updated).

Game still crashing within seconds.

Latest log uploaded

log.txt