Close

New user

Cemu 1.15.8 - Mario Kart 8 Freezes on Loading Screen After 1st Race

I'm not sure why but ever since I upgraded to Cemu 1.15.8, Mario Kart 8 has been freezing up after the first race on the loading screen and when I quit during a race. So, anything that makes it load freezes it. I thought at first it was because I selected dual core recompiler instead of single core recompiler but it does that on any of these settings. I looked at a couple videos about this issue but those are for much older versions of Cemu. I have my log file here, so I hope we can figure out what's going on. I closed Cemu when it froze at the loading screen and it generated the log file. Also, I've been playing Super Mario 3D World and Smash Bros. w/ my niece and there were no loading issues with those two games. I am also playing Breath of the Wild and there are no loading issues.

-----

Ok. It seems that Mario Kart 8 does work with single core recompiler but not dual or triple core recompiler. Why is this? I can play Breath of the Wild, Super Mario 3D World, and Smash Bros. with single, dual, or triple core recompiler (I use dual). So, why is Mario Kart 8 hating on dual core recompiler? With dual setting I can get on average 56-59 FPS on the race courses. Single only gives me about 48-54 FPS.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Hotsuma9; 11.06.2019 at 00:55.

It's working just fine on my end. Just completed the 1st race on the latest 1.15.8 & it went to the 2nd race without any problems

New user
    Yeah. There is a post on this forum that says you have to use single core recompiler for Mario Kart 8 so that it won't freeze up.

----------

But I wonder if they'll consider adding support for dual core recompiler for Mario Kart 8 in the near future.
    Last edited by Hotsuma9; 28.06.2019 at 16:59.