Close

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Did you right click and "run as administrator"? Is it a recent (and 64bit) version of windows? If it's Windows 7 it requires the Xbox360 driver and a security update linked in the first post of this thread.
    Sorry, I didn't really specify in my previous post. First of all, I am running Windows 10 on an 64-bit operating system (with x64-based processor). Also, I did right click and choose "run as administrator". When that didn't work, I tried creating a shortcut and selecting "Run as administrator" in the advanced properties in the shortcut tab in "Properties" (in the right click menu, shown in below picture). That also had the same result.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (109).png 
Views:	21 
Size:	150,2 KB 
ID:	220

I have simplified the installation process but you can try a new manual method posted here: https://github.com/nefarius/ViGEm/wi...r-Installation
    When I tried the manual method, funnily enough, it also didn't work. When I loaded up Windows Powershell and executed the first command, this is what comes up:

Name:	Screenshot (108).png 
Size:	65,5 KB 
ID:	219

It says that "https://nuget.vigem.org/" is an invalid URI. If it is possible, is there anything that I am doing wrong that you can tell me? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    When I tried the manual method, funnily enough, it also didn't work. When I loaded up Windows Powershell and executed the first command, this is what comes up:

Name:	Screenshot (108).png 
Size:	65,5 KB 
ID:	219

It says that "https://nuget.vigem.org/" is an invalid URI. If it is possible, is there anything that I am doing wrong that you can tell me? Thanks!
    This appears to be identical to this issue https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...r-psrepository

The answer includes a workaround but apparently it's fixed if one only updates windows to anniversary update (or newer).

update: the instructions of the manual method are now updated which might produce better behavior
    Last edited by epigramx; 03.01.2018 at 03:03.

Quote Originally Posted by obsidian-sky View Post
    I'm getting a crash error, and I'm not sure what's going wrong.

Attachment 218

I've used an older version 20171022 which worked fine. But I'm looking for the yaw control for use with BOTW, and I just can't get this new version to sync. I don't really need the wiimote for any other reason other than BotW. I'm using the Red/Green Mario/Luigi wiimotes. Maybe there's a setting in config that I can change? I tried a few that seemed to be applicable, but I keep getting the same error over and over, including all of the alternative send-data options.

I'm using a DolphinBar, set to 4. I have the Xbox360 driver, the security update, and the gamepads driver all installed. I've tried installing Toshiba Stack using several methods, but I don't think it's working right. Is that the problem? I don't quite understand why it's even needed with the DolphinBar, since I've already had my wiimotes paired and running perfectly with Wii games on Dolphin.

I feel like I'm missing something simple, and if it's just the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack, I'll keep trying. Is there anything you can tell me from the errors posted in the image?

Ps, I appreciate how much time you've put into this. I really liked being able to use the WiiMote previously for many of the puzzles in BOTW, it made them super easy. There's just one more I'd love to do that I need yaw for. I'm ok going without it, but I'd just like to get this figured out. Thank you.
    Try the latest update uploaded now. This appears to be a rare case that the MAC address _is_ returned from the Wiimote but in an invalid format (it's usually either empty or valid) and now I treat that case as if it's empty.

First post updated with that change
    Last edited by epigramx; 02.01.2018 at 11:31.

Try the latest update uploaded now. This appears to be a rare case that the MAC address _is_ returned from the Wiimote but in an invalid format (it's usually either empty or valid) and now I treat that case as if it's empty.
    Wow, thank you so much. That worked out perfectly, and I already crushed that shrine on my first test of the wiimote. I may try some other games with the wiimote in the future now that it works so well. I hope it wasn't too much trouble. You do excellent work, and I really appreciate your swiftness with the troubleshooting.

Hello is it clear if i can use new motion plus controllers to play new super mario bros u?

i know i have to get axis data and accelerometer for playing.

being able to play 4 player would be godlike and make me a happy panda.

Quote Originally Posted by JACKNIFE View Post
    Hello is it clear if i can use new motion plus controllers to play new super mario bros u?

i know i have to get axis data and accelerometer for playing.

being able to play 4 player would be godlike and make me a happy panda.
    Sure, MotionPlus remotes work fine; motion requires a Cemuhook setting; see the instructions in the first page. Caveats is that only an emulated Gamepad controller can receive motion and/because there is no emulated remote in Cemu settings yet.
    Last edited by epigramx; 05.01.2018 at 09:55.

Dolphin Bar Issues

Hi there,

I've followed the guide but seem to be having issues with getting 2 controllers to work with WiiMoteHook and Dolphin Bar:

My Setup:

• 2x Official Wii Remotes
    • Mayflash Dolphin Bar
    • Windows 10

I have tried the following:
    • Sync both WiiMotes with Dolphin Bar, set to Mode 4 - Controllers are detected and set to Controller 1 and Controller 2 on WiiMote LED
    • Edit .Config for WiiMoteHook to allow 2 controllers when using Dolphin Bar
    • Run WiiMoteHook, Controller 2 LED changes to Controller 1 and rumbles, WiiMoteHook crashes
    • This leaves both controllers with LED set to Controller 1

I'm assuming that having the controllers connected to the Dolphin Bar only is not correct, and I need to 'pair' both controllers with native Windows 10 bluetooth first? If I do that, then is it not bypassing the Dolphin Bar and making itself redundant?

Apologies for the lengthy post, hope this makes sense..

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Fan-Boy View Post
    Hi there,

I've followed the guide but seem to be having issues with getting 2 controllers to work with WiiMoteHook and Dolphin Bar:

My Setup:

• 2x Official Wii Remotes
    • Mayflash Dolphin Bar
    • Windows 10

I have tried the following:
    • Sync both WiiMotes with Dolphin Bar, set to Mode 4 - Controllers are detected and set to Controller 1 and Controller 2 on WiiMote LED
    • Edit .Config for WiiMoteHook to allow 2 controllers when using Dolphin Bar
    • Run WiiMoteHook, Controller 2 LED changes to Controller 1 and rumbles, WiiMoteHook crashes
    • This leaves both controllers with LED set to Controller 1

I'm assuming that having the controllers connected to the Dolphin Bar only is not correct, and I need to 'pair' both controllers with native Windows 10 bluetooth first? If I do that, then is it not bypassing the Dolphin Bar and making itself redundant?

Apologies for the lengthy post, hope this makes sense..

Thanks!
    I do not own a DolphinBar to debug it closely so it's a miracle even one connected Wiimote works, though it's odd that Mode 4 doesn't just work with more. Multiple wiimotes are not extensively tested but I have tested successfully two Wiimotes connected to a standard Bluetooth adapter, so I would suggest to try that if you have a Bluetooth adapter already (I believe avoiding the bar middleware should be slightly better latency or stability anyway, e.g. the new Bluetooth Passthrough feature of Dolphin is known to be more stable and feature rich (even the remote audio works perfectly with it)).

However, I have updated the software to disconnect from a Wiimote if it still fails to read data from it after it determines a send method. This has a chance to make the DolphinBar work better with multiple remotes, or at least it should let it not crash if multiple wiimotes are allowed in the config.

The first post is updated with that change.

Please let me know of any results even if it only makes the DolphinBar not crash if multiple wiimotes are allowed in the .config but only 1 is connected because it's fully untested.
    Last edited by epigramx; 10.01.2018 at 11:34.

I do not own a DolphinBar to debug it closely so it's a miracle even one connected Wiimote works, though it's odd that Mode 4 doesn't just work with more. Multiple wiimotes are not extensively tested but I have tested successfully two Wiimotes connected to a standard Bluetooth adapter, so I would suggest to try that if you have a Bluetooth adapter already (I believe avoiding the bar middleware should be slightly better latency or stability anyway, e.g. the new Bluetooth Passthrough feature of Dolphin is known to be more stable and feature rich (even the remote audio works perfectly with it)).

However, I have updated the software to disconnect from a Wiimote if it still fails to read data from it after it determines a send method. This has a chance to make the DolphinBar work better with multiple remotes, or at least it should let it not crash if multiple wiimotes are allowed in the config.

The first post is updated with that change.

Please let me know of any results even if it only makes the DolphinBar not crash if multiple wiimotes are allowed in the .config but only 1 is connected because it's fully untested.
    Thanks for the swift update! I tried this version but it still doesn't work and seems to have also broken the single-WiiMote-through-Dolphin-Bar scenario.

When syncing with the Dolphin bar, controller 1 and 2 are detected successfully, then opening WiiMoteHook detects one of the controllers (2), and assigns it to 1. As there's already a controller 1, it then crashes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fan-Boy View Post
    Thanks for the swift update! I tried this version but it still doesn't work and seems to have also broken the single-WiiMote-through-Dolphin-Bar scenario.

When syncing with the Dolphin bar, controller 1 and 2 are detected successfully, then opening WiiMoteHook detects one of the controllers (2), and assigns it to 1. As there's already a controller 1, it then crashes out.
    Hrm, thanks for testing; but please clarify something; if you do set the max num of wiimotes in the .config file to 1, does it still crash? because the change I did should be benign and helpful generally (it only checks if a wiimote device can't be communicated with). Also a screenshot of the crash might help.
    Last edited by epigramx; 12.01.2018 at 18:19.