Close

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Accelerometer

I'm trying to use the Nunchuk and Wii Remote accelerometer, but it doesn't work sadly

For example:

<add key="WiiU_A" value="Wiimote_Nunchuk_AccelX" /> <!--XInput: B -->
    <add key="WiiU_ZL" value="Wiimote_Nunchuk_AccelY" /><!--XInput: L -->

And I have the Motion Source enabled of course.
    <add key="NunchukMotionSource" value="Yes"/>

(Btw sometimes i have to restart Wiimotehook for get the Nunchuk working.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKillua View Post
    I'm trying to use the Nunchuk and Wii Remote accelerometer, but it doesn't work sadly

For example:

<add key="WiiU_ZL" value="Wiimote_Nunchuk_AccelY" /><!--XInput: L -->

And I have the Motion Source enabled of course.
    <add key="NunchukMotionSource" value="Yes"/>

(Btw sometimes i have to restart Wiimotehook for get the Nunchuk working.
    Thanks for bringing it to my attention; it was a silly mistake on my part. Leftover code from a debugging session from when I was first introducing MotionPlus support made the static calibration data returned from the Nunchuk to be bogus in terms of the accelerometer. I guess nobody noticed until now since few even try that feature

The latest release has been updated with that fix

PS. By the way, there should be no need to manually change the sources of the axes if the goal is to only get accelerometer-based motion out of it; pressing "M" or "O" in the console should automatically change the orientation too. Let me know if you notice something else not working as intended regarding it.

update: the fix (regarding calibration data retrieval) was slightly more complicated than I thought at first because it also needed some adjusting for nunchuk passthrough mode but it should be fine now; the first post is updated with that change to support that combination of hardware.
    Last edited by epigramx; 23.01.2018 at 13:01.
    Author of WiimoteHook; co-author of Static FPS mods, author of guides to game assembly patching , compiling mesa and high-res screenshots

Thanks for answering!
    The gyro works great!
    I tried the same codes I wrote before:
    (
    <add key="WiiU_ZL" value="Wiimote_Nunchuk_AccelY" /><!--XInput: L --> )

But it didn't work What I'm trying to do is make the Nunchuk and/or Wii Remote accelerometer to work like a "XInput button". For example, shaking the Nunchuck would be L or X button.
    Hope you can help me with it. Thanks!

I thought you meant something like that; this isn't supported currently because it's a whole other methodology compared to regular input.

I'll think of an algorithm that translates shaking to a button; stay tuned.

update: it's looking good, but some more work needed to make it practical and ready for release
    Last edited by epigramx; 23.01.2018 at 22:21.
    Author of WiimoteHook; co-author of Static FPS mods, author of guides to game assembly patching , compiling mesa and high-res screenshots

WiimoteHook now supports shaking

Step 1: Shake the Nunchuk: Get Wii U button L / XInput button ZL / DS4 button L1 by default
    Step 2: Shake the Wiimote: Get Wii U button R / XInput button ZR / DS4 button R1 by default
    Step 3: Success

Everything is configurable in the .config of course (and you can remove the binds altogether there).

Relevant config keys:

ShakeMinimumUpdate: for responsiveness
    ShakeMinimumSpeed: for how hard to shake
    ShakeMinimumPressing: for how long to press the emulated button

(more details in the .config)

Enjoy

Relevant request:

But it didn't work What I'm trying to do is make the Nunchuk and/or Wii Remote accelerometer to work like a "XInput button". For example, shaking the Nunchuck would be L or X button.
    The first post is updated with that feature

New .config values for buttons: Wiimote_Shake, Wiimote_Nunchuk_Shake

My Wii controller (Device ID: 0x0306, RVL-CNT-01) no longer works with MotionPlus, it simply disconnects from Bluetooth when I try to connect with a MotionPlus extension plugged in. The last version I know worked with this Wiimote with WiimoteHook_20180110_092330_alpha, and in the latest version, WiimoteHook_20180124_100714_alpha, is where this problem occurs. The Wiimote connects perfectly fine without the Wii MotionPlus extension and stays connected. I also can't just plug in the extension after I start WiimoteHook, because it does not allow for this.

Edit - Very soon after sending this, I tried running the program as an administrator, and that fixed it. I think the program should always run as an administrator if this is the cause of an issue, or if it isn't run as an administrator, print out a warning in the console.
    Last edited by Dankrushen; 24.01.2018 at 19:09. Reason: Added new info

Quote Originally Posted by Dankrushen View Post
    My Wii controller (Device ID: 0x0306, RVL-CNT-01) no longer works with MotionPlus, it simply disconnects from Bluetooth when I try to connect with a MotionPlus extension plugged in. The last version I know worked with this Wiimote with WiimoteHook_20180110_092330_alpha, and in the latest version, WiimoteHook_20180124_100714_alpha, is where this problem occurs. The Wiimote connects perfectly fine without the Wii MotionPlus extension and stays connected. I also can't just plug in the extension after I start WiimoteHook, because it does not allow for this.

Edit - Very soon after sending this, I tried running the program as an administrator, and that fixed it. I think the program should always run as an administrator if this is the cause of an issue, or if it isn't run as an administrator, print out a warning in the console.
    This was never needed and no change recently enforced anything of that sort; the exception is the installation of the driver needed for the devices that emulate XInput or DS4 controllers. Please try again and let me know if it works without it because occasionally Windows pairings with bluetooth devices are not detected but often a re-enumeration of them works, if only because a connection wasn't re-established yet; if it stills occurs please send me more details: a screenshot of the console when it happens; if you tried on a new folder in case the first had restrictive permission etc.

PS. Regarding connecting extensions, it's normal to need a restart when MotionPlus has been enabled; that's a hardware limitation; it stops sending updates regarding it after that point. I have included the option to press "R" in the console and request an update manually, however, it mainly works well on new Remote Plus devices with the 0x0330 ID and a discrete MP extension sometimes needs replugging. Nintendo software does a similar operation when it pops up a screen that asks a user to reconnect; occasionally themselves ask for a physical MP reconnection.
    Last edited by epigramx; 25.01.2018 at 07:26.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    WiimoteHook now supports shaking

Step 1: Shake the Nunchuk: Get Wii U button L / XInput button ZL / DS4 button L1 by default
    Step 2: Shake the Wiimote: Get Wii U button R / XInput button ZR / DS4 button R1 by default
    Step 3: Success

Everything is configurable in the .config of course (and you can remove the binds altogether there).

Relevant config keys:

ShakeMinimumUpdate: for responsiveness
    ShakeMinimumSpeed: for how hard to shake
    ShakeMinimumPressing: for how long to press the emulated button

(more details in the .config)

Enjoy

Relevant request:

The first post is updated with that feature

New .config values for buttons: Wiimote_Shake, Wiimote_Nunchuk_Shake

Thank you so much for this. Works amazing with BoTW!
    Could be possible to add custom combo buttons?
    I mean, for example: "Righ D-Pad + B" / "Left D-Pad+Left Analog stick <"
    or maybe nunchuck+wiimote shake?
    or its this a cemu's fault?
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by MasterKillua; 26.01.2018 at 04:31.

The release package is updated with the latest version of the emulated XInput or DS4 driver; to update it re-run the driver installation and use the new .exe. It improves support for certain third-party software in terms of XInput and it has performance improvements.

Thank you so much for this. Works amazing with BoTW!
    Could be possible to add custom combo buttons?
    I mean, for example: "Righ D-Pad + B" / "Left D-Pad+Left Analog stick <"
    or maybe nunchuck+wiimote shake?
    or its this a cemu's fault?
    Thanks in advance
    That's not a bad idea for a feature for this software, but yes, it might be best left for client software of it to deal with such things. If I started to deal with features like "if you press these two buttons you get a third virtual button" I may then have to think of a time interval to cut off that behavior so that pressing them individually doesn't affect them so it might be best left "raw" in that regard.

But dunno, I may miss something, more feedback is appreciated.

update: it is also likely possible with third-party software dedicated for that job (manipulation of raw input); e.g. autohotkey dealing with XInput.

update: apparently there is autohotkey support for XInput, but one would need to find or write an autohotkey script.

update: directinput is also exposed (but it's rarely mentioned since it doesn't support force feedback/rumble).
    Last edited by epigramx; 26.01.2018 at 08:25.

Another quick question, are we expecting to see genuine gamepad support sometime?