Close

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    New user
    In one of the 12315123 attemps it got working, but anyways i cant move in Zelda, just menus and jump...

Quote Originally Posted by FeRRiS View Post
    In one of the 12315123 attemps it got working, but anyways i cant move in Zelda, just menus and jump...
    Do you have binds for L-Up/Down/Left/Right? If "Also use for buttons/axes" of Cemuhook motion source is used that defaults to the Nunchuk's analog stick but it might be more convenient to set XInput's binds in Cemu.

New user
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Do you have binds for L-Up/Down/Left/Right? If "Also use for buttons/axes" of Cemuhook motion source is used that defaults to the Nunchuk's analog stick but it might be more convenient to set XInput's binds in Cemu.
    Well with binds it does work. But ive followed images so mind it should work without binds. Btw, what is "Also use for buttons/axes" i cant find that option

Quote Originally Posted by FeRRiS View Post
    Well with binds it does work. But ive followed images so mind it should work without binds. Btw, what is "Also use for buttons/axes" i cant find that option
    It's at step 8 and shown at the picture. It's a feature of the motion source of Cemuhook that optionally takes the controller's keys too instead of only motion and it bypasses the Cemu options of XInput or other but it requires the keys defined in the .config of WiimoteHook to be used.

A small piece of feedback from a successful user. Everything worked great, for the most part. I've had some small issues regarding the rumble (either being absent or inconsistent). Other than that, great job! Here's hoping for a proper introduction of the WiiMotes as an official input method, like Dolphin has done and almost perfected.

Quote Originally Posted by rmarista45 View Post
    A small piece of feedback from a successful user. Everything worked great, for the most part. I've had some small issues regarding the rumble (either being absent or inconsistent). Other than that, great job! Here's hoping for a proper introduction of the WiiMotes as an official input method, like Dolphin has done and almost perfected.
    WiimoteHook's Rumble is based on a implementation of pulse-width modulation with a constant period/frequency, while the intensity of it is controlled by the duty cycle (0 to 100% based on the 0 to 255 fed by Cemu's XInput).

The Wiimote hardware only has an "on" and "off" switch for rumble (at max intensity, there's no "start rumbling at that intensity") so it is necessary to implement PWM software-side (more or less, see the PS.).

An outcome of that is that the period(or frequency) of it can affect its behavior (it's adjustable in the .config), which is set to 25ms(40Hz) by default. Too low period can make it more granular but also possibly quirky since it's software-based and too high can make it more predictable but also more crude.

An important caveat is that due to sync issues on Cemu emulation, rarely a "start rumbling" from XInput may come after its corresponding "stop rumbling" which would mean it would never stop rumbling. For that reason there is a "max rumbling time" in the .config which might have to become lower than 2sec by default..

PS. I've been told by the Cemu devs that the GamePad too has only an "on" "off" switch, however the commands sent by XInput are at a lower frequency (up to 60Hz) than what the games can send.

PPS. I will look for ways to improve its behavior.
    Last edited by epigramx; 04.11.2017 at 12:21.

I fixed an important bug with rumble on the latest revision. The "max rumble time" feature was not reset correctly and as a result it would prematurely stop rumbling or rumble inconsistently after 2sec (the previous default) if there were immediately successive rumble commands.

At the same time the default rumble period was increased considerably to 100ms (from 25ms) which should bring way more stable rumbling in exchange for a minor loss in granularity (the default can change in .config). Rumble's response remains high whatever that setting.

The max rumble time was decreased also to 250ms (from 2000) in order to make the Cemu syncing bug less intrusive (which rarely sends a "start" after its "stop"), but if WiimoteHook is used on non-Cemu games, it might be too low.

Last edited by epigramx; 04.11.2017 at 12:56.

Awesome! And I have tried playing Cuphead with my controllers. The tool worked great on that, too! I'll be sure to try the new revisions out whenever I'm able to get on my main PC, again.

Also, taking the opportunity, I'd like to ask if there are plans to add support for 2 or more Wii Remotes at the same time. It'd be a great way to get enough controllers to play 8-Player Smash with friends, even though I already have problems syncing more than 3 controllers at the same time with Dolphin and I wouldn't expect my Bluetooth adapter to work any better in WiiMoteHook.

Awesome! And I have tried playing Cuphead with my controllers. The tool worked great on that, too! I'll be sure to try the new revisions out whenever I'm able to get on my main PC, again.

Also, taking the opportunity, I'd like to ask if there are plans to add support for 2 or more Wii Remotes at the same time. It'd be a great way to get enough controllers to play 8-Player Smash with friends, even though I already have problems syncing more than 3 controllers at the same time with Dolphin and I wouldn't expect my Bluetooth adapter to work any better in WiiMoteHook.
    The version just uploaded is heavily modified to allow unlimited Wiimotes even with Rumble (I already had basic support but XInput wasn't supported before). However, it's partly untested since I don't have a second Wiimote and I had to simulate the presence of a second.

Caveats and notes:

The option "Max_Number_of_Wiimotes" at the end of the .config should be edited to allow for that since the value of 1 was used to workaround the DolphinBar (it erroneously reports 4 Wiimotes even if only 1 is connected).

Motion only works on the first Cemu emulated GamePad because that is a Cemu/Wii U and Cemuhook limitation. To add more motion sources the Cemu devs might have to add emulated Wiimote support in Cemu options.

How to fix wiimote orientation?
    wimote buttons up: http://ibb.co/kbRikw

wiimote buttons on the side: http://ibb.co/c1BroG

“Wii Wheel” style
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-11-06_20-19-15.png 
Views:	42 
Size:	17,5 KB 
ID:	164   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-11-06_20-19-58.png 
Views:	37 
Size:	14,6 KB 
ID:	165