Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Just to let you know, I had some problems with getting the important item Unbreakable Sword dropped by the Brute Millepod with the Custom Materials Drop Ratio code configured with 100 %.
    It is an important item that normally is always dropped at the time of the mission but which never does with the code active.

I had a similar problem during the Lakeside Getaway mission. When you defeat Raging Cantor at the Primordia's Biahno Water-Purification Plant, you normally get Ian’s ID Card important item. But with the Drop Ratio code active I never got this item and I was stuck with a dummy mission I could’nt finish until I fiddled with cheat engine to forcibly place Ian’s ID Card in my important item list.

New user
    Quote Originally Posted by lariana View Post
    Just to let you know, I had some problems with getting the important item Unbreakable Sword dropped by the Brute Millepod with the Custom Materials Drop Ratio code configured with 100 %.
    It is an important item that normally is always dropped at the time of the mission but which never does with the code active.

I had a similar problem during the Lakeside Getaway mission. When you defeat Raging Cantor at the Primordia's Biahno Water-Purification Plant, you normally get Ian’s ID Card important item. But with the Drop Ratio code active I never got this item and I was stuck with a dummy mission I could’nt finish until I fiddled with cheat engine to forcibly place Ian’s ID Card in my important item list.
    The codes only affect the materials for crafting etc. This should not affect other items.
    BUT I can confirm that if you uncomment the codes that forces a certain chest quality to appear, it also overrides the chests that normally always appear. I'm talking about these lines:

; Uncomment those TWO lines to affect the chest chance to appear
    ;0x021AADB8 = li r3, 1 ; 0 = no drop, 1 = always gold, 2 = always silver, 3 = always bronze
    ;0x021AADBC = blr

For example the unique holofigures from story or mission bosses that only appear on silver chests.
    So having these codes uncommented with another chest than silver set, will override the silver chest and you permanantly miss the holofigure. A catastrophy for completionists like me :[
    It also happens with quest items.
    For example in the mission where you have to save the prone brothers. There are two keys that need to be found by defeating the mission exclusive enemies. Normally you would get them from a silver chest -which drops to 100%-, but with the codes enabled, the silver chests get overriden with something else and therefore you will miss the keys.
    As these enemies only spawn once, this can screw up the mission, since you can't free them without the keys. Without reloading or a backup save you are stuck with this dilemma unless using cheatengine.
    I'm sure this can also happen with other missions. My advice is: Only use the overrides for farming and deactivate/uncomment when playing normal. Also backup your saves.

Quote Originally Posted by Caede91 View Post
    The codes only affect the materials for crafting etc. This should not affect other items.
    BUT I can confirm that if you uncomment the codes that forces a certain chest quality to appear, it also overrides the chests that normally always appear. I'm talking about these lines:

; Uncomment those TWO lines to affect the chest chance to appear
    ;0x021AADB8 = li r3, 1 ; 0 = no drop, 1 = always gold, 2 = always silver, 3 = always bronze
    ;0x021AADBC = blr

For example the unique holofigures from story or mission bosses that only appear on silver chests.
    So having these codes uncommented with another chest than silver set, will override the silver chest and you permanantly miss the holofigure. A catastrophy for completionists like me :[
    It also happens with quest items.
    For example in the mission where you have to save the prone brothers. There are two keys that need to be found by defeating the mission exclusive enemies. Normally you would get them from a silver chest -which drops to 100%-, but with the codes enabled, the silver chests get overriden with something else and therefore you will miss the keys.
    As these enemies only spawn once, this can screw up the mission, since you can't free them without the keys. Without reloading or a backup save you are stuck with this dilemma unless using cheatengine.
    I'm sure this can also happen with other missions. My advice is: Only use the overrides for farming and deactivate/uncomment when playing normal. Also backup your saves.
    Exactly, I set the code to always drop gold chests. Didn’t know it was that causing the trouble!
    Now if someone finds the code to have all the holofigures that would be very nice

New user

Post Summary

Hi guys,

Back from family holidays, I can now take the time to answer everyone

Quote Originally Posted by SilentWindow View Post
    For some reason when i change the exp multiplier value i only get 1 exp from battles
    You may have done something wrong I guess. PM me the content of the patch file to let me see what's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Forkinator View Post
    Just one question. How would i adjust the collectibles range? I want to make it less than what it is now. about half as much. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by rajkosto View Post
    1. either just change the constant as it is in the code in hex
    or 2. make it symbolic like this and then change the float https://pastebin.com/BALX2Q41
    Thanks rajkosto for the tips, I didn't think about using symbolic consts!
    Forkinator, I'll soon upload a new version of the mod, allowing you to set the values in float format (which will be much easier than the current hexadecimal format).

Quote Originally Posted by Caede91 View Post
    Thank you for your awesome mods You did things I thought were impossible bO.Od
    After seeing you unlock overdrive and support missions before chapter 12, I wanted to ask: Is it possible to unlock more postgame-content before beating the game? Like the level 60 skells/Ares, lugalbanda the wanderer king and dadaan for their beautiful katanas etc...?
    If you don't have time or don't want to, can you show or point to a tutorial on how to do that?
    Also, I can provide saves from just before Chapter 12 and after, if it would help.
    THX in advance
    Thanks mate! About your request, I don't see why it couldn't be done to unlock the endgame skells and enemies. Right now I'm working on new mods but I'll consider your request.

Quote Originally Posted by lariana View Post

Holy sh**!! Didn't thought about that (well that's why I say my mods are experimental after all )! Thanks to Caede91's post I understand the issue is coming from the quoted lines. I think I'll add a big warning to uncomment those lines only for testing purpose (or maybe should I remove them? What do you think people?), as from my point of view they are not really needed because of the lines above:
    Code:
    ; Uncomment this line so that you'll always get a chest at the minimum quality (so with 3 you'll always loot at least bronze chests from enemies)
    ;0x21AAF18 = li        r3, 3
    If one activates this line, he/she always get at least a chest of the corresponding quality, as long as all previous checks have failed.
    It's a bit tough to explain, but the function which calculates the chest's quality does this:
    1. Calculate luck for gold chest, if success exit with gold quality (1), else process next step
    2. Calculate luck for silver chest, if success exit with silver quality (2), else process next step
    3. Calculate luck for bronze chest, if success exit with bronze quality (3), else process next step
    4. No chest at all, exit with no chest (0)

The line above only changes this last step. So even if you put 1 value (gold chest), you'll still get a silver chest if the game succeeded the step 2. That means, in theory, that you'll still get the silver chest from a quest loot which normally has a 100% chance of looting silver chests (tests are welcomed ).

As a final word, I'm working on some new mods, hopefully I'll upload them before the end of the week (edit: uploaded!)
    Last edited by lasyan3; 28.12.2017 at 18:19.

I registered *just* so I could offer my heartfelt thanks for the incredible graphics pack "mods" These are incredible, damned near essential, quality of life improvements and I love them! Thank you!

~edit~

Ah. I think your exp multiplier pack isn't working. I've been playing for 40hrs now and wondering why levelling has been so painfully slow, usually getting *very* low amounts of exp from enemies, often as low as 1-3xp even against enemies that are SEVERAL levels higher. I had your graphics pack set to mulw and 2, hopefully meaning to 2x gained exp, but it wasn't working. I disable the pack and suddenly I'm getting 30-50xp from enemies.

Wow. :|
    Last edited by sabin1981; 16.01.2018 at 16:35.

None of the mods work for me. I got them in the graphics pack folder + enabled. What else am I supposed to do here?
    Last edited by chaosblade02; 07.01.2018 at 07:41.

New user
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosblade02 View Post
    None of the mods work for me. I got them in the graphics pack folder + enabled. What else am I supposed to do here?
    Have you downloaded cemuhook by rajkosto? It's required. These mods won't work without it. Here's the link: http://sshnuke.net/cemuhook/
    It's an extension for the emulator, just like a plugin for a program. Please correct me, if I'm wrong.
    After downloading, just extract the contents to the cemu folder with the exe.

Then you need the game in loadiine format. There are two versions: one for US with the number 1.0.2U and one for EU with the number 1.0.1E

1. Copy the mods into the graphic packs folder of Cemu
    2. Tweak the mods to your liking via the patches.txt in each of the respective folders.
    3. Open Cemu, but don't load the game yet.
    4. First activate the mods through the graphic packs dropdown menu and when you're done, close Cemu and restart.
    5. (You don't need to reactivate them every time you launch the game. They are automatically loaded when starting the game. But you cannot select/unselect mods while the game is running.)
    5. Open Cemu up again and launch the game now by loading the .rpx file from your game.
    6. Now look at the dropdown menu for the graphic packs again, and if you have installed everything right, you should see your activated mods in red with the word "Activated".

I hope this helps. The most important thing is cemuhook. It's mandatory. Without it, these mods probably wouldn't be possible in the first place. Therefore Cemuhook is required.
    So thanks again to rajkosto for cemuhook and to laysan3 for figuring out these mods.

Quote Originally Posted by lasyan3 View Post
    I think I'll add a big warning to uncomment those lines only for testing purpose (or maybe should I remove them? What do you think people?), as from my point of view they are not really needed because of the lines above:
    Code:
    ; Uncomment this line so that you'll always get a chest at the minimum quality (so with 3 you'll always loot at least bronze chests from enemies)
    ;0x21AAF18 = li        r3, 3
    If one activates this line, he/she always get at least a chest of the corresponding quality, as long as all previous checks have failed.
    It's a bit tough to explain, but the function which calculates the chest's quality does this:
    1. Calculate luck for gold chest, if success exit with gold quality (1), else process next step
    2. Calculate luck for silver chest, if success exit with silver quality (2), else process next step
    3. Calculate luck for bronze chest, if success exit with bronze quality (3), else process next step
    4. No chest at all, exit with no chest (0)

The line above only changes this last step. So even if you put 1 value (gold chest), you'll still get a silver chest if the game succeeded the step 2. That means, in theory, that you'll still get the silver chest from a quest loot which normally has a 100% chance of looting silver chests (tests are welcomed ).
    I think you can leave the lines in there, a warning inside the patches.txt should be enough. They are very handy for farming after all
    Additionally I will begin testing with the other code on sunday and then hopefully be able to report my results in the next week.
    Last edited by Caede91; 12.01.2018 at 21:56.

New user
    Hi there, time for an update!
    I added 3 new mods: 2 mods are kind of evolution of the "custom drop ratio" mod, which tweak not only materials drop but also equipment! You'll be able to chase after best end-game equipment much faster now!
    The last mod is just for disabling the Manual entry from the main menu, because if selected it freezes the game.
    Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by lasyan3 View Post
    Hi there, time for an update!
    I added 3 new mods: 2 mods are kind of evolution of the "custom drop ratio" mod, which tweak not only materials drop but also equipment! You'll be able to chase after best end-game equipment much faster now!
    The last mod is just for disabling the Manual entry from the main menu, because if selected it freezes the game.
    Enjoy!
    AWESOME!! thanks dude!

New user
    Thank you for the update. I wish I could contribute somehow, but I don't have the required knowledge.
    If you need a tester, just tell me