Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    New user

My Gameplay enhancements packs for Xenoblade Chronicles X (29 mods)

Hey,

I want to share with you some mods I made for Xenoblade Chronicles X using the code patching feature of cemuhook.

Firstly first, I want to tell a big thanks to rajkosto for its amazing cemuhook (and especially the code patching feature), Xalphenos and epigramx for their helpful posts on this forum.
    Now here the list of all my mods so far:

Battle:
    • Damage mod (ground): increase the ground damage dealt to enemies (default x10).
    • Overdrive unlocked: Overdrive is usable even before the chapter 5.
    • Enemy stats mod NEW: apply modificator on enemies stats (HP, Melee Attack, Melee Accuracy, Ranged Attack, Ranged Accuracy, Potential and Evasion) (default nerf to 75%). Useful to create easy or hard mode!
    • Escape distance mod NEW: reduce (by default /2) escape distance from enemies (to lose aggro).
    • No QTE NEW: disable the QTE (with B button) in battles (they are still activated for Skell destroy and bind). Sometimes those QTE are preventing you to react quickly in a tough battle!

Collectibles:
    • Catch range mod: increase the distance from which you loot the collectibles. By default, you'll get them just when you're close enough to see the blue gem (distance increased by 40.0). There are 3 kind of distances in the game, each with a value of "Range" and "Height": "Inner" (which means when you are at foot), "Doll" (when you have a Skell at land) and "Flight" (which I believe is when you flight, generally in a Skell). All values are editable in the file patches.txt. Please note that the random selection of items is unchanged (rare items are still rare).
    • Ignore 100th: stop collecting a collectible when you already have 99 of them, and doesn't sell it. This is for endgame runs in which you have plenty of money, many collectibles and doesn't want to be spammed with selling messages when you walk around in the world.

End Game content:
    • DLC quests unlocked: unlock DLC quests in the BLADE console, even if the story is not finished.
    • Lv60 skells unlocked (+cheat): unlock the post-game skells and equipment as soon as you are a BLADE member (it also consider you have a Skell License). And in patches.txt you can also unlock a cheat that ignores all requirements for crafting. Yes, that means you can get an Ares 90 for free, right after Chapter 2!

Equipment:
    • Armors can have 3 augment slots: go to L' shop, select a ground or skell equipped (right now this won't work on unequipped) equipment, look at how many max slots you can have, and enjoy ;-) (of course the display of the equipment cannot show all of them, but they're still used by the game).
    • Unlimited augment upgrades NEW: allow you to infinitely upgrade all the augments inside a piece of equipment (as long as you have the resources of course). Warning: with low level armors you'll not be able to upgrade augments at their maximum. Instead, the augment will get back to Lv 1! So be careful, at least until I find how to prevent that. Meanwhile, you can activate a cheat inside the patches.txt file to ignore all requirements for the upgrades (like for the "Lv60 Skells unlocked" mod).

Experience mods:
    • Inner Exp Points X: increase or reduce the experience points given in battles (default x2).
    • Class Exp Points X: increase or reduce the class experience points given in battles (default x2).
    • Battle Points X: increase or reduce the battle points given in battles (default x30).
    • Friend Points X: increase or reduce the friend points given in battles (default setting is 500). BEWARE as this can lead to freeze of the emulator when opening the Affinity Chart (not sure this is related to the mod but free warning).
    • Blade Points X: increase or reduce the Blade points rewards (default x10).

FrontierNav mods:
    • Probe income frequency: increase the frequency of the FrontierNav rewards (miranium, money and resources). By default all values are halved (in vanilla you get money every 15 minutes, now it's every 7 minutes).

Graphics mods:
    • NPC info bubbles distance mod: increase the distance from which NPC's yellow speech bubbles are seen. I made this mod to get rid of the frustration not being able to get information from NLA people unless I get very close to each one of them. With this mod, the gathering of informations is, in my opinion, less tedious (so more enjoyable).
    • Camera mod: allow to change the default zoom (which is reset after most cutscenes and this was boring me) and, more interesting I guess, the FOV.

Loot mods (activate only one mod or the game will likely crash!):
    • Materials chance mod: set a minimum drop ratio of materials (armor and weapon loots are not impacted). The default minimum ratio is set to 30% but can easily be tweaked (if you set to 100%, as long as the enemy drop a chest you'll get all materials from it). This mod also includes a setting to "push the luck" for dropping at least a chest of the desired quality (more details in the patches.txt file of the mod).
    • Drop only equipment UPD: with this mod, you'll only drop equipment of the specified type (see patches.txt). You'll always get gold chests with 3 equipments inside and no materials. This mod is designed for best end-game equipment farming purpose. UPDATE: and now the equipment looted is always the best quality possible (like x60 skells weapons).
    • Drop only materials: the counterpart of the previous mod, with this one you'll only drop materials (in bronze chests). Makes the farm of materials for crafting of augments faster (no need to waste time to check the loot, just take everything!).

Music mods:
    • Overdrive disabled: disables the Overdrive music (after some time using Overdrive a lot during battles, I missed the other musics, especially the one for tyrants).
    • Skell Flight disabled: disables the flight music (at the beginning the music is awesome, but after some time I wanted to listen to the field musics again).

Physics mods:
    • Run Forrest, run!: increases the speed of the sprint.
    • Jump to the Moon!: increases the height of the jump.

Squad mods:
    • Gain Offline Tickets from TA/DLC missions: adds Exchange Tickets in reward of completing Blade missions. This mod comes with 2 flavors: one which adds tickets to Time Attack missions (formula is the experience divided by 10) and another which adds tickets to DLC missions (formula is money divided by 100). I don't feel this setting it's game breaking (any suggestion welcomed), while it allows to eventually buy some materials hard to get before being able to do Nemesis missions. Only activate TA or DLC mod, not both, or the game will likely crash!
    • Global Nemesis Squad missions offline: adds the Global Nemesis missions (Telessia and Yggralith) at the BLADE console, in the Time Attack menu. Strangely the mission with the Telessia appears twice, I don't know why but still it's working. Since the emulator cannot go online, it cannot set the remaining LP for world boss so I arbitrary set it to 5 but you can customize the value. And before you ask, yes, I also activated the option in the BLADE console to exchange the boss appendices to Reward Tickets .
    • Tasks and missions offline NEW: Squad tasks and missions become available for offline play! With some differences: at the start of the game, a Squad quest is randomly selected and the timer is infinite. So you have all your time to complete all tasks and missions! But what if you don't like this quest? Go to the main menu, Social entry and "Select Squad" entry, and tadam! The Squad quest will be removed and a new one will popup after a few seconds! Warning: this is a Work-In-Progress mod, it may change in future (goal is to replace the 2 mods above with this single one, currently it doesn't unlock the World Enemies missions).

Requirements
    Most important requirement is of course cemuhook. All my mods have been tested and are known to work with cemu 1.11.0c and cemuhook 0.5.6.3. They may NOT work with cemu versions above!
    All mods should be compatible with Xenoblade versions 1.0.1E and 1.0.2U, and are not supposed to impact savegames but be sure to make save backup just in case!
    I currently not support cemu 1.13.x because the game freezes sometimes (and I'll wait for a new release of cemuhook compatible with cemu 1.14 before working on this version).

Well, tell me what you think now! Download the packs from this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/weulhuj82v..._mods.zip?dl=0
    The mods will also be available in slashiee pack soon (https://slashiee.github.io/cemu_graphic_packs/)
    Last edited by lasyan3; 12.10.2018 at 21:12.

How do you change the option in patches?

I don't understand texts in patches. Can you exam. it?

F finally !!! i can get some reward ticket !!! (can't defeat the boss yet tho. but this is awesome )

thanks lasyan3 !!

edit : i think the "Probe resources multiplicator" mod is not working...
    Last edited by noisyheaven; 05.12.2017 at 13:07.

Hi, how should I modify the "Custom experience ratio" file to increase or decrease the multiplier of exp?

New user
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFedex View Post
    Hi, how should I modify the "Custom experience ratio" file to increase or decrease the multiplier of exp?
    Hi,

Open the file patches.txt and check those lines:
    • 0x00000008 = li r4, 2: here change the value "2" by any number (the exp will be multiplied or divided by this number)
    • 0x0000000C = divw r4, r30, r4: here eventually replace "divw" by "mulw" if you wish to multiply the experience instead of divide it.

So for example if your final result is like this:
    0x00000008 = li r4, 5
    0x0000000C = mulw r4, r30, r4
    That means the experience will be multiplied by 5.

Quote Originally Posted by lasyan3 View Post
    Hi,

Open the file patches.txt and check those lines:
    • 0x00000008 = li r4, 2: here change the value "2" by any number (the exp will be multiplied or divided by this number)
    • 0x0000000C = divw r4, r30, r4: here eventually replace "divw" by "mulw" if you wish to multiply the experience instead of divide it.

So for example if your final result is like this:
    0x00000008 = li r4, 5
    0x0000000C = mulw r4, r30, r4
    That means the experience will be multiplied by 5.
    Thank you

For some reason when i change the exp multiplier value i only get 1 exp from battles

New user

Post Summary

Hi guys,

Back from family holidays, I can now take the time to answer everyone

Quote Originally Posted by SilentWindow View Post
    For some reason when i change the exp multiplier value i only get 1 exp from battles
    You may have done something wrong I guess. PM me the content of the patch file to let me see what's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Forkinator View Post
    Just one question. How would i adjust the collectibles range? I want to make it less than what it is now. about half as much. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by rajkosto View Post
    1. either just change the constant as it is in the code in hex
    or 2. make it symbolic like this and then change the float https://pastebin.com/BALX2Q41
    Thanks rajkosto for the tips, I didn't think about using symbolic consts!
    Forkinator, I'll soon upload a new version of the mod, allowing you to set the values in float format (which will be much easier than the current hexadecimal format).

Quote Originally Posted by Caede91 View Post
    Thank you for your awesome mods You did things I thought were impossible bO.Od
    After seeing you unlock overdrive and support missions before chapter 12, I wanted to ask: Is it possible to unlock more postgame-content before beating the game? Like the level 60 skells/Ares, lugalbanda the wanderer king and dadaan for their beautiful katanas etc...?
    If you don't have time or don't want to, can you show or point to a tutorial on how to do that?
    Also, I can provide saves from just before Chapter 12 and after, if it would help.
    THX in advance
    Thanks mate! About your request, I don't see why it couldn't be done to unlock the endgame skells and enemies. Right now I'm working on new mods but I'll consider your request.

Quote Originally Posted by lariana View Post
    Just to let you know, I had some problems with getting the important item Unbreakable Sword dropped by the Brute Millepod with the Custom Materials Drop Ratio code configured with 100 %.
    It is an important item that normally is always dropped at the time of the mission but which never does with the code active.

I had a similar problem during the Lakeside Getaway mission. When you defeat Raging Cantor at the Primordia's Biahno Water-Purification Plant, you normally get Ian’s ID Card important item. But with the Drop Ratio code active I never got this item and I was stuck with a dummy mission I could’nt finish until I fiddled with cheat engine to forcibly place Ian’s ID Card in my important item list.
    Holy sh**!! Didn't thought about that (well that's why I say my mods are experimental after all )! Thanks to Caede91's post I understand the issue is coming from the quoted lines. I think I'll add a big warning to uncomment those lines only for testing purpose (or maybe should I remove them? What do you think people?), as from my point of view they are not really needed because of the lines above:
    Code:
    ; Uncomment this line so that you'll always get a chest at the minimum quality (so with 3 you'll always loot at least bronze chests from enemies)
    ;0x21AAF18 = li        r3, 3
    If one activates this line, he/she always get at least a chest of the corresponding quality, as long as all previous checks have failed.
    It's a bit tough to explain, but the function which calculates the chest's quality does this:
    1. Calculate luck for gold chest, if success exit with gold quality (1), else process next step
    2. Calculate luck for silver chest, if success exit with silver quality (2), else process next step
    3. Calculate luck for bronze chest, if success exit with bronze quality (3), else process next step
    4. No chest at all, exit with no chest (0)

The line above only changes this last step. So even if you put 1 value (gold chest), you'll still get a silver chest if the game succeeded the step 2. That means, in theory, that you'll still get the silver chest from a quest loot which normally has a 100% chance of looting silver chests (tests are welcomed ).

As a final word, I'm working on some new mods, hopefully I'll upload them before the end of the week (edit: uploaded!)
    Last edited by lasyan3; 28.12.2017 at 18:19.

Quote Originally Posted by lasyan3 View Post
    Hey guys,

Just want to share with you some "gameplay enhancement packs" (cemuhook needed) I made for Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Firstly first, I want to tell a big thanks to rajkosto for its amazing cemuhook (and especially the code patching feature), Xalphenos and epigramx for their helpful posts on this forum.

Now, about the packs (by the time you read this it should already be available in the Github, but I'll add a dropbox link at the end of this post).
    • Collectibles range: this pack strongly increases the distance from which you loot the collectibles. By default, you'll get them even before you're close enough to see the blue gem (distance increased by 52.0). There are 3 kind of distances in the game, each with a value of "Range" and "Height": "Inner" (which means when you are at foot), "Doll" (when you have a Skell at land) and "Flight" (which I believe is when you flight, generally in a Skell). Since I don't have a Skell yet in my current play, I would be grateful if someone could test the pack with its Skell (or even better, share with me its savegame). Right now I don't change the random selection of items (rare items are still rare).
    • Custom drop ratio: this pack allows you to set a minimum drop ratio of materials. I insist on that: only materials seem concerned (if you get a gold chest, you'll still only get one or two weapon/armor, not all of them the enemy can drop). The default minimum ratio is 30%, but can easily be tweaked (if you set to always 100%, as long as the enemy drop a chest you'll get all materials from him). Second optional setting is to force the dropped chest (gold, silver or bronze). This setting was mainly for testing purpose, but some may find it interesting.
    • Custom experience ratio: this pack basically allows you to increase or reduce the experience ratio (default setting is reduced by half).
    • Unlock DLC quests: this pack makes DLC quests availables in the BLADE console, even if the story is not finished.
    • Unlock Overdrive: this pack unlocks the Overdrive for the beginning of the game, even if the chapter 5 is not completed.
    • Probe resources multiplicator: this pack allows you to multiply the count of resources mined by your FrontierNav network (it doesn't change the ratio).
    • Unlock World Boss Squad Missions: last but not least, this pack adds the World Boss missions (Telessia and Yggralith) at the BLADE console, in the Time Attack menu. Currently the mission with the Telessia appears twice, I don't know why but still it's working. Since the emulator cannot go online, it cannot set the remaining LP for world boss so I arbitrary set it to 30 but you can customize the value. And before you ask, yes, I also activated the option in the BLADE console to exchange the boss appendices to Reward Tickets.

All my packs should be compatible with 1.0.1E and 1.0.2U but are still highly experimental. They don't seem to make the game unstable, but their effects are not fully identified (for example I still have to see the behaviour of the collectibles pack with a Skell, eventually tweak the distance).

Well, tell me what you think now! Download the packs from this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/udfyf0pwhq...Packs.zip?dl=0
    Thanks for the graphics packs!

Just one question. How would i adjust the collectibles range? I want to make it less than what it is now. about half as much. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Forkinator View Post
    Thanks for the graphics packs!

1. either just change the constant as it is in the code in hex
    or 2. make it symbolic like this and then change the float https://pastebin.com/BALX2Q41