Close

New user

Wind Waker - unable to complete Pictograph quest (not the old black picture bug)

Steps to reproduce:

• Start the pictograph quest
    • 1st and 2nd snapshots works well, but it's impossible to get the 3rd one (the one with the couple staring at each other) accepted.

This one:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	171030025202542348.png 
Views:	314 
Size:	228,8 KB 
ID:	159

I've tried more than 20 times, it appears it's impossible to make the third photo. Maybe because they are two NPC and the first two pictures was only one NPC.

Cemu 1.10 on W7 x64.
    Code:
    # WindWaker HD EU

[CPU]
    cpuTimer = cycleCounter
    emulateSinglePrecision = true
    May be useful: I've found the very same bug in Dolphin when searching for this one.

edit: here is the save file it that can help the debugging (or if anyone want to try): cdc68acd.rar the needed action start after about 2 min 50s in the main place of the village. Jut enter in any house then exit to reset the timer.

Also, it seems the pictures are not deleted in the save folder, even if they are deleted in the game.
    Last edited by mooms; 30.10.2017 at 13:24.

Super-Moderator
    emulatesingleprecision is true by default now so no need to have it there unless you're using an older version of cemu. Also why cycle timer? This game has always worked fine with host based timer. You should try switching back to host based timer with rdtsc and seeing if it works. Also try without graphics packs and with full sync at gx2drawdone.

New user
    It's from the wiki, to fix mirror shield reflections:
    http://compat.cemu.info/wiki/The_Leg...D#Known_Issues

I have full sync at gx2drawdone checked, and also tried in windowed mode.
    I will try without graphic packs.

I'm not the only one affected:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/cemu/commen..._quest_on_191/

Or make a search with "pictograph" keyword:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/cemu/search...elevance&t=all
    Last edited by mooms; 31.10.2017 at 06:34.

New user
    Tried again with 1.11.0c, sync at gxdrawdone, GPU buffer accuracy to high, no graphic packs, windowed mode, still not working.

Quote Originally Posted by mooms View Post
    Tried again with 1.11.0c, sync at gxdrawdone, GPU buffer accuracy to high, no graphic packs, windowed mode, still not working.

Just posting to say i have tried this quest and it is not working for me as well. This is really frustrating for me being a completionist. Tried the same steps as mooms. If anyone has a save file with this quest finished, i will send you money through paypal.

New user
    If you finish the game, you can make a new save, and start a new game+, you will have the Pictograph DX (color camera) right at the start of the game, and you will be able to make pictures of everyone for the Tendo gallery.

If you finish the game, you can make a new save, and start a new game+, you will have the Pictograph DX (color camera) right at the start of the game, and you will be able to make pictures of everyone for the Tendo gallery.

Hey, are you talking about Lenzo or Tendo? Im not sure who Tendo is, but Lenzo is the guy who asks you to take the 3 pictures of people while on windfall island to get the color camera. I really don't want to finish the game to start the game the way I like. God I hope someone finds a way to make this work.

So you are saying that the color camera works on cemu after starting new game+ but the regular one does not? I know you start out with the color one when you start a newgame+ I just don't know if the color one will work compared to the basic one.

Is there no save editor? Or some way to transfer saves from dolphin to cemu?

New user
    Quote Originally Posted by Forkinator View Post
    Hey, are you talking about Lenzo or Tendo? Im not sure who Tendo is, but Lenzo is the guy who asks you to take the 3 pictures of people while on windfall island to get the color camera. I really don't want to finish the game to start the game the way I like. God I hope someone finds a way to make this work.

So you are saying that the color camera works on cemu after starting new game+ but the regular one does not? I know you start out with the color one when you start a newgame+ I just don't know if the color one will work compared to the basic one.

Is there no save editor? Or some way to transfer saves from dolphin to cemu?
    I don't know if the color camera is able to complete the Lenzo's quest, all I've said is with a new game+ you will have the color camera, and I was able to make Tendo recognize my pictures. Obviously I haven't tested all the pictures, because its a very very long quest and I don't intend to complete it.
    And no, you can't import saves from Dolphin, because it's a different game for a different console, and obviously a different emulator (but you should be able to import saves from an actual Wii U).

I don't know if the color camera is able to complete the Lenzo's quest, all I've said is with a new game+ you will have the color camera, and I was able to make Tendo recognize my pictures. Obviously I haven't tested all the pictures, because its a very very long quest and I don't intend to complete it.
    And no, you can't import saves from Dolphin, because it's a different game for a different console, and obviously a different emulator (but you should be able to import saves from an actual Wii U).
    No, it isn't. I tested it replacing my photos (b/w) with perfect photos (with the golden icon) were taken with the color camera (in the save folder) and Lenzo didn't recognize them.