Close

New user

Question Need help to start Cemu

I download the lastest version of Cemu [Cemu 1.11.0c (2017-10-31)]. I am on Window 10.

When i first try to launch it i get a "msvcp140.dll missing". so i get the dll and i place it in System32 and SysWOW64 (but it was already in SysWOW64).

i retry to launch cemu and i get a weird error witch say basiquly "it didn't work well (0xc000007b)" and i don't know what to do with that.

Error : "L'application n'a pas réussi à démarrer correctement (0xc000007b)"

What should i do?

(sry for bad english)

New user
    Thx for your answer.

I don't really understand :

i had already try this instaler. But it didn't work, (and the second : "vc_redist.x86" say that i have already this programme instaled)

But as you say it was the probleme, I retry.

I uninstalled and reinstalled and now it work.

I still don't get why it didn't work the first time but thx for your suport.

New user
    I have to do something for "close" this thread ?

x86 is for 32bit programs, Cemu is 64bit and needs the x64 version of the redistributable. Also make sure you don't use any manually-downloaded .dlls because that's not the right way to use them and they might be different versions or infected.

Need help, Cemu doesn't want to start anymore.

Hello to CEMU Team, Cemu Forum and all readers,

I'm contacting you because I don't know what to do after all my researches and reinstallations, CEMU still doesn't want to start!

My configuration:
    - Mother board Asus Sabertooth Z97 MarK1, USB3.1
    - intel Core I7-4790K
    - 32 GB RAM
    - 2 x Asus NVidia Geforce Strix GTX 970 ; 4 GB - SLI
    - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bits installed on a SSD (250 GB) with all other system programs
    - CEMU (1.9.1 - 1.10.0f - 1.11.0) installed on a SSD (60 GB)
    - Some other disks (SSD 120 Gb - HDD 1 TB - HDD 4 TB)

I did a complete and fresh installation on October 2016 and did a System image backup at that moment.
    I never did any Windows update since, even if I installed things (mainly games, steam, GeForce drivers and so on... but not Windows Updates.)... I could play Cemu and other games until last week when I had to reinstall, for some reasons (Heroes and Generals game, error code 514), from my backup.
    There from this backup, I did all the Windows updates I had to as well as the other programs updates... Everything worked except Cemu! Why so??? It did work before my reinstallation!!!
    At first, a dll file (msrcvp140.dll) was missing. As I copied it to Windows\System32\ from a save folder I created some time ago... Cemu didn't want to start still. Then I had a message saying the error code0xc000007b, I searched and found on the internet some explanations I followed with no success!
    I thought it was because of one of the Windows updates, so, I reinstalled my System image backup, and tried to launch Cemu right after it finished. the "msrcvp140.dll" was missing. I reinstalled from Cemu website the Visual C++, and the Dll appeared in Windows\System32\, but, nothing, Cemu still doesn't want to start! Then I did the Windows and all the other programs updates... Tried Cemu again, but nothing.
    To look a bit forward, I pressed the "ctrl"+"alt"+"del" keys and could have access to the Task Manager where I selected "Process"... I went to the C ray, and, from another window, started Cemu...
    Cemu seams to be loaded, but disappears after some seconds.
    I went to Cemu proprieties, and tried some stuff as lunching it as administrator, access proprieties, and so on... Nothing as any influence on it for working.

What should I do?
    Thanks in advance for some advice.

I found out to solve my problem.
    This was a fild in CemuHook which wasn't "signed", then after installing the certificate (right clic on the file, proprieties, ...) it worked.
    Thanks anyway.