Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by daniloberserk View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's not RAM related. I have 16GB and never had any issues at all, and AMD GPU uses less RAM aswell no? Stability on my PC was extensively tested a couple months ago to ensure my OC was stable. Both the temps and stability are rock solid!
    > The only thing I can confirm is that there is a RAM leak issue using the scope and/or camera in the Goron and Desert regions due to heatwaves reacting horribly. Avoid using it there.

This means that it happens on any computer, as far as I know. If you use the scope in those areas you can check the RAM being eaten up as your FPS drops and eventually bottoms out your PC.

Interesting! Then maybe it's really a thing about AMD GPUs. We need someone with Nvidia testing the save to see if it happens to....
    May I ask which driver version you're using? I'm on 17.7.1.
    I can test out the save file since I use a GTX1080...

--

Edit: I tested the save on my installation with my GTX1080 and I had no issues. This does appear to be GPU related at this point.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	260 
Size:	1,62 MB 
ID:	33

However, before assuming it is indeed due to the GPU, make sure to test any other options you have at your disposal.

--

My recommendation is to re-dump BotW + Update Data + DLC. Do not overwrite BotW with Update Data, keep the Update Data separate in it's own directory.

Update Data contains Code, Content, and Meta folders.

For Breath of the Wild EU, these folders go into \Cemu\mlc01\usr\title\00050000\101C9500

DLC also contains Code, Content, and Meta folders.

These folders go into \Cemu\mlc01\usr\title\00050000\101C9500\aoc
    Last edited by Serfrost; 15.09.2017 at 06:53.

New user
    May I ask which driver version you're using? I'm on 17.7.1.
    I'm on 17.9.1 now, but updated just few days ago. I had some outdated 16.something before and it was crashing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Serfrost View Post
    > The only thing I can confirm is that there is a RAM leak issue using the scope and/or camera in the Goron and Desert regions due to heatwaves reacting horribly. Avoid using it there.

This means that it happens on any computer, as far as I know. If you use the scope in those areas you can check the RAM being eaten up as your FPS drops and eventually bottoms out your PC.

I can test out the save file since I use a GTX1080...

--

Edit: I tested the save on my installation with my GTX1080 and I had no issues. This does appear to be GPU related at this point.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	260 
Size:	1,62 MB 
ID:	33

However, before assuming it is indeed due to the GPU, make sure to test any other options you have at your disposal.

--
    Hmm, I'll check if I'm really running out of RAM, but I only see people with Nvidia complaining about RAM problems, ty!

Already did all of this but I'll try again soon, ty for testing the save file! Then it really seems GPU related. Now someone with AMD should test the same save file and see if it crashes!

Update: Botw runs with 1.7Gb ~ 2.2Gb of RAM everytime.
    Update2: Had a crash walking on northwest on the map. The FPS dropped 15 secs before 'til crash. Was eating 4Gb~ of RAM that time. Is that the memory leak you talked about?

Quote Originally Posted by Ovat View Post
    I'm on 17.9.1 now, but updated just few days ago. I had some outdated 16.something before and it was crashing as well.
    Ty! I didn't updated because the newer drivers have issues with Overwatch, and perhaps problems with the Wattman.
    Last edited by daniloberserk; 16.09.2017 at 04:42.

Hello. I'm here with RX 470 with 17.7.2 drivers and i have camera rune crashes too it doesn't occur every time, mostly it crashes when i activate rune and camera is aiming right away on animal/enemy etc. not on objects like plants/fairy fountains so on and so forth. Last crash i had was when i wanted to take a picture of a goat which is on main road when you leave kakariko village towards Sahasra Slope and next one trying to take a picture of flying guardian on Tingel Island, on the desert in East Gerudo Ruins where Korsh O'hu Shrine is located framerate drops to 1 or 2 and it crashes few seconds after but when i enable GX2DrawDone and disable all graphics packs/cemuhook its still slow as hell but it doesn't crash the game, and no GX2DrawDone doesn't help avoid random camera rune crashes.

Now someone with AMD should test the same save file and see if it crashes!
    I've been having the same crash issues with the camera on 1.10.0f, I also had them in 1.9.1, and tweaking settings hasn't provided a reliable fix. It's been especially frustrating attempting to get the Eldin Leviathan photo, because of the proximity to Death Mountain. (Interestingly, I never had the same problem getting the Gerudo skeleton - although I think that may have been at night, so no haze.)

HOWEVER.

I have two mostly comparable systems, with the notable difference being one has an R9 390 and the other a GTX 1050. The R9 390 is my main computer, and the one suffering the crashes. Based on the theorising in this thread that it may be a GPU issue, I copied my entire CEMU folder to the nVidia computer, and fired up my save.

There was a second or so long freeze as the camera "target" appeared on the skeleton, but it recovered and I was able to take the photo. The AMD system freezes at the exact same point, but does not recover.

So in my case at least, I have a workaround - load the game on the nVidia computer when I need to take a photo, and then load it back on the AMD to play. But this does seem to lend support to the theory that this is an AMD specific problem. Hopefully that's of some use to the devs.

Quote Originally Posted by akujinnoninjin View Post
    I've been having the same crash issues with the camera on 1.10.0f, I also had them in 1.9.1, and tweaking settings hasn't provided a reliable fix. It's been especially frustrating attempting to get the Eldin Leviathan photo, because of the proximity to Death Mountain. (Interestingly, I never had the same problem getting the Gerudo skeleton - although I think that may have been at night, so no haze.)

HOWEVER.

I have two mostly comparable systems, with the notable difference being one has an R9 390 and the other a GTX 1050. The R9 390 is my main computer, and the one suffering the crashes. Based on the theorising in this thread that it may be a GPU issue, I copied my entire CEMU folder to the nVidia computer, and fired up my save.

There was a second or so long freeze as the camera "target" appeared on the skeleton, but it recovered and I was able to take the photo. The AMD system freezes at the exact same point, but does not recover.

So in my case at least, I have a workaround - load the game on the nVidia computer when I need to take a photo, and then load it back on the AMD to play. But this does seem to lend support to the theory that this is an AMD specific problem. Hopefully that's of some use to the devs.
    Ty for your help. So, this is pretty much something related to AMD only, for now, the only thing I can do is save the game before using the rune to avoid more problems.

Howdy yall, first time posting here but I thought I'd do a little testing of my own and also included crashes/soft-locks caused by transparent effects such as on tree tops and when using the camera rune in desert/volcano areas that have also been reported by Nvidia users in the past -
    Last edited by Dark e maste; 30.10.2017 at 20:01.

I also have a problem with the camera rune. Sometimes it crashes instantly, sometimes I can use it for a little while until it crashes (max. 1min). I think it is more likely to crash, when there is a lot going on in the background.
    I have the newest cemu (1.11.2) and Windows 10 and drivers are up to date. Previous versions and drivers had the same problem. My system: AMD Ryzen 1600, Radeon RX 480, 16GB RAM

Here is my crashlog: http://www.mediafire.com/file/w4ut9x...l/crashlog.txt