Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Camera rune crashing the game.

Hi! I posted this on reddit but since we have an official forum now, maybe here it's a better place to bring this!

I'm having issues with the Camera Rune... Sometimes it crash the game randomly when I'm trying to focus the target (it happen even if I don't take the picture). I found a place when I can reproduce this about everytime, trying to take pictures from Lizalfos close to Faron Tower.

I don't have this Lizalfos on my Hyrule Compendium. I'm playing the EU version. 1.3.1 with DLC, Voice Language: JAP and Sub: ENG. Spec: i5 4690k@4.5Ghz and Gigabyte R9 390x with 17.7.1 driver - Win 10 up to date (had one update today).

Things I've tried already:
    *Disabled every single Graphic Pack, including the Crash fix from rajkosto.
    *Messed with absolutely every single debug option.
    *Changed the GPU buffer cache accuracy from LOW, MID and HIGH.
    *Changed CPU to interpreter and tried the other Host Based Timer option.
    *Deleted my precompiled cache on Cemu folder.

I'm running out of ideas... Can u guys test and see if it happens to? Thanks in advance!

Here's a video from the crash: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40bN--HKhxg

Edit: Here's a crash log: https://1drv.ms/t/s!AivWz7nOWuv2iZZFZRqIHF5LSdgw-w

*update: I tried with another save from the game and it didn't crash. I'll keep tracking.
    Last edited by daniloberserk; 14.09.2017 at 00:10.

I don't know of the camera rune crashing for anyone. I'd recommend the Debug > GX2DrawDone() workaround.

Additionally, make sure you're using the LWZX Workaround via Graphic Packs, included with Cemuhook.

Lastly, if you really can't find any fix for it, I'd recommend a clean dump of the game, updates, and dlc to verify there isn't any corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Serfrost View Post
    I don't know of the camera rune crashing for anyone. I'd recommend the Debug > GX2DrawDone() workaround.

Additionally, make sure you're using the LWZX Workaround via Graphic Packs, included with Cemuhook.

Lastly, if you really can't find any fix for it, I'd recommend a clean dump of the game, updates, and dlc to verify there isn't any corruption.
    Ty for your help!

As I said, I tried every Debug option, including the GX2DrawDone() enabled and disabled.
    I do have the LWZX, tested with it and without.

I didn't tried a new dump yet. But seems weird since my other save game doesn't crash on that part. With the same dump...

Can I share save files? Or they're IP from Nintendo to?

Weird that your other save doesn't have the same effect. Were you save / inventory editing in the crashing save?

If it crashes on one and not the other, there's definitely something going on with either the save file or where you are in the save file specifically.

I'm afraid there isn't much that I can do with a save file.

Weird that your other save doesn't have the same effect. Were you save / inventory editing in the crashing save?

If it crashes on one and not the other, there's definitely something going on with either the save file or where you are in the save file specifically.

I'm afraid there isn't much that I can do with a save file.
    Well. I'm pretty sure there's something going on with the save file... Just remade every single piece on CEMU and tried the save on 2 different directory. One crash and the other don't... I even played a bunch after that, killed both the Lizalfos, waited for the Blood Moon and tried again. Crashed again...

If you can try in your setup you're already helping... If it works then there's something about my GPU or drivers or whatever. I didn't tested on a Nvidia GPU since I don't have one..

Save file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AivWz7nOWuv2iZZGVRhbDeQhgBVf-Q

Seems way to weird to be a "corrupted save file". I'm playing just fine in everything else. Just this random camera crashes going on...

Ty in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by daniloberserk View Post
    Well. I'm pretty sure there's something going on with the save file... Just remade every single piece on CEMU and tried the save on 2 different directory. One crash and the other don't... I even played a bunch after that, killed both the Lizalfos, waited for the Blood Moon and tried again. Crashed again...
    To be more specific. You tried the same save in two different Cemu installations. One worked, one didn't? And the one that worked, eventually crashed as well?

To be more specific. You tried the same save in two different Cemu installations. One worked, one didn't? And the one that worked, eventually crashed as well?
    Tried this same save file in 2 different Cemu Installations. Both crashed with this save. I rebuilded from scratch one of then (including dumps) and it still crashes.

I have 2 saves on Cemu. One which I play only with my girlfriend and this newer one where I'm playing solo. So, to mantain both the save files I have two Cemu installations on different folders... I tried my save file in both installations. The other save file doesn't crash in this situation, but I had a few crashes with it to, mainly when using the scope in Goron region.

So I need to know if is really something to do with THIS save file or my general setup. Maybe in Nvidia it doesn't crash?..

The only thing I can confirm is that there is a RAM leak issue using the scope and/or camera in the Goron and Desert regions due to heatwaves reacting horribly. Avoid using it there.

I'm not sure how to answer the rest of the problem though.

New user
    I have the same problem. Certain objects in certain places crash the game when pointed at with the camera rune. It always crashes for me for example in the Retsam forest when pointing at ironshrooms or right outside the inn in Hateno village when i point at that big spoon near the old lady.

Managed to take a picture of an ironshroom somewhere else and it didn't crash.

I only have one savefile though so not sure if it's a savefile that's somehow bugged.

EDIT: Almost forgot: i have a very similar setup to OP. i5 4690k (mines at 4.4) and r9 390 (without the X). Also 8 gigs of ram.

The only thing I can confirm is that there is a RAM leak issue using the scope and/or camera in the Goron and Desert regions due to heatwaves reacting horribly. Avoid using it there.

I'm not sure how to answer the rest of the problem though.
    I'm pretty sure it's not RAM related. I have 16GB and never had any issues at all, and AMD GPU uses less RAM aswell no? Stability on my PC was extensively tested a couple months ago to ensure my OC was stable. Both the temps and stability are rock solid!

Quote Originally Posted by Ovat View Post
    I have the same problem. Certain objects in certain places crash the game when pointed at with the camera rune. It always crashes for me for example in the Retsam forest when pointing at ironshrooms or right outside the inn in Hateno village when i point at that big spoon near the old lady.

Managed to take a picture of an ironshroom somewhere else and it didn't crash.

I only have one savefile though so not sure if it's a savefile that's somehow bugged.

EDIT: Almost forgot: i have a very similar setup to OP. i5 4690k (mines at 4.4) and r9 390 (without the X). Also 8 gigs of ram.
    Interesting! Then maybe it's really a thing about AMD GPUs. We need someone with Nvidia testing the save to see if it happens to....
    May I ask which driver version you're using? I'm on 17.7.1.
    Last edited by daniloberserk; 14.09.2017 at 22:10.