Close

View Poll Results: Should the option for custom colors be added?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell Yes!

1 16,67%
  • Sure why not

5 83,33%
  • I don't care

0 0%
  • No way, I like the colors now!

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mod Manager

Mod Manager

Hello everyone, I just wanted to go ahead and post this tool. It's a mod manager I made for Breath of the Wild but the install portion will work with any game, it just won't backup the orginal or restore vanilla file for any game other than BOTW right now.
    I should be able to change that if there's enough demand.

Ok without further ado here we go!

Instructions:

MAKE SURE TO HAVE AT LEAST 2.5GB AVAILABLE FOR THE INITIAL BACKUP AND TO BE ON A VANILLA INSTALL

1) Extract mods from the zip files to a central folder. Example: Desktop\BOTW Mods (Make sure each mod has name\mlc01\usr and not name\mlc01\mlc01, it won't install properly if it does)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	213 
Size:	124,7 KB 
ID:	23

2) Open the program

3) When prompted, select the folders where CEMU and the Mods are located, it will then begin a backup of the curretnly installed BOTW files.

4) The program will generate a list of available mods and display it

Name:	image (2).png 
Views:	264 
Size:	58,6 KB 
ID:	25

5a) To install a mod simply check the box in the program. To revert a mod, uncheck it.

Name:	image (1).png 
Views:	228 
Size:	63,1 KB 
ID:	24
    5b) If a MOD has files that conflict with another MOD the program will warn you and not allow you to install it, asking you to disable the conflicting mod before trying to install the new one
    5c) When a MOD is disabled the files are replaced with the backed up copy

99*)If you click the full reset button it will disable all mods and restore the entire backup folder, which will take considerably more time than installing a mod

If you have any suggestions or feedback please let me know. I'm planning a way to automatically detect and backup games based on their gameID (BotW USA would be 101c9400 for example) but it hasn't been implemented yet.

Update 1:
    New features added. Colors match the BotW scheme and it is now possible to sort the list. There are a few minor oddities with sorting (text based instead of numerical) but nothing that will break anything. Enjoy the update, hope to get more done soon!

DL: http://ul.to/wyos53jc
    Last edited by dbzfanatic; 30.09.2017 at 19:22. Reason: updated link

Nice. Definitely needed something like this. Glad to see it's in the works now.

Thought you guys might like a sneak-peek at what my next short-term goal is.

Name:	mod icon WIP.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	34,0 KB 
ID:	28

That's right, MOD ICONS!

If the authors of the mods decide to create (or members of the community do and agree on) an ico.bmp file @ 32x32 and place it in the main folder of the mod it will automatically be seen by the manager and displayed by the mod name.
    The icon you see is a quick placeholder I made in paint to show it working, the colors are generated on a per-run basis and change each time when no icon is provided.

I will probably change this to a default icon later but again, placeholders.

Edit: I'm also trying to pretty it up, changed the colors to be more BotW. Might add the option to change to custom colors if there's any demand.
    I'm adding a poll to see how much demand there really is for the color scheme but for the time being, here's another preview.

Name:	botwmm color.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	37,9 KB 
ID:	30
    Last edited by dbzfanatic; 14.09.2017 at 06:18.

Looks great, man. I think there exist quite a few Sm4sh and MK8 mods, too. Might be prudent to add "dedicated" support for those games as well, no?

Quote Originally Posted by dbzfanatic View Post
    Edit: I'm also trying to pretty it up, changed the colors to be more BotW. Might add the option to change to custom colors if there's any demand.
    I'm adding a poll to see how much demand there really is for the color scheme but for the time being, here's another preview.
    I just want to remind you that you can take screenshots of the current focused window by pressing Alt + PrntScreen.

Secondly, I'd like to see a dark theme like we have on this forum. :P

@Knots Installs for other mods should work now, uninstalling is the only issue right now. I may make a "game chooser" screen like FMM though.

@Serfrost Yup thats how im getting the window previews for you guys . As for a dark theme it shouldnt be hard but would more fall under custom colors. Vote yes in the poll and it'll be more likely lol. If theres enough demand Ill add some pre-made custom color options with the feature's official release

So I'm working on auto game-detection and I can do it one of two ways but I need community opinions to determine the best way. One is easier than the other but again, I want to know what you guys think so my question is this:

Would you guys be ok needing an internet connection to auto-detect games or only on first run and to update as needed?
    Last edited by dbzfanatic; 16.09.2017 at 20:06. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by dbzfanatic View Post
    So I'm working on auto game-detection and I can do it one of two ways but I need community opinions to determine the best way. One is easier than the other but again, I want to know what you guys think so my question is this:

Would you guys be ok needing an internet connection to auto-detect games or only on first run and to update as needed?
    Only on first run and as-needed, because some people play offline when away from internet sources.

Make sure to detect WUD, WUX, and RPX.

Its just going to read the game id of the mods since it's a mod manager not a game launcher so wud/rpx/wux detection isnt necessary for what it needs to do.

Hey, great work on the manager Would you be interested in adding browser integration, so people can launch your manager directly from the browser to install mods? At GameBanana we support integration of mod managers using custom schemas - e.g cemumm://[download_url] - when clicked, your mod manager would launch, download the mod, decompress it and then show the files and/or automatically install them. We can pass custom parameters to the cemumm:// link. such as mod name, thumbnails, authors, etc.