Close

Thread: Zelda Low FPS

Zelda Low FPS

Hi everyone ,

My problem is that playing Zelda Breath of The Wild on Cemu, the FPS are around 12-14 outside.
    It increases considerable inside of shrines but I think that its not enough enjoyable.

This is my PC information:

AMD FX 8350 Black Edition
    8 GB Ram
    Graphic Card: Sapphire R9 270x 4GB

I have overclocked the CPU, activated the GX2SetGPUfenceskip hack,mod fps++ , 9k Shader Caches, but anything improve the FPS

Could anyone give me a solution please?

New user
    Quote Originally Posted by sasensio View Post
    Hi everyone ,

My problem is that playing Zelda Breath of The Wild on Cemu, the FPS are around 12-14 outside.
    It increases considerable inside of shrines but I think that its not enough enjoyable.

This is my PC information:

AMD FX 8350 Black Edition
    8 GB Ram
    Graphic Card: Sapphire R9 270x 4GB

I have overclocked the CPU, activated the GX2SetGPUfenceskip hack,mod fps++ , 9k Shader Caches, but anything improve the FPS

Could anyone give me a solution please?
    Yeah... replace your processor and graphics card with something faster or wait until the emu becomes faster.
    Alternatively you might be able to pull off a better performance if you play in 720p.
    Sorry to sound so harsh, but BOTW is pretty much a game where you can throw literally the fastest graphics card and the fastest single core performance against to hit
    a performance a little bit higher than the console.

I will give a comparison. I have a ryzen 1700 NVidia 1070 combo which is pretty much 100% faster on the IPC side than your processor
    and on the graphicas card side probably also twice as fast. With this combo I hit around 18-20fps in Kakariko, I had to overclock the processor
    to 3.7 GHz to reach a rather solid 26-30fps in Kakariko and a solid 30fps in the normal overworld scenes (in 4k however, it probably is somewhat higher in 1080p which I do not play). In shrines I basically have to limit the fps to 30 however, there it goes
    really high. So what I basically have is a 4k fps performance similar or slightly better than the Wii-U version, which I also have.

The IPC performance of this
    combination is pretty much twice as fast as a oced FX 8350 if not more.

Just to give a comparison, my rig runs AC Origins, one of the most demanding AAA games currently in existence, in 4k with extreme settings and some minor tweaks between 42 and 54fps (the gfx card limits in 4k since the processor idles at 50%) and is capped constantly in 60fps n 1080p and gives solid 85 - 90fps uncapped, so you get the picture here how demanding BOTW is.
    Last edited by werpu; 17.12.2017 at 18:11.

New user
    I forgot, also give this a shot:
    Install CemuHook and activate GX2SetGPUfenceskip once the game is loaded. This gives the framerates also a boost, also disable AA this might drag your performance down as well.
    If this is not enough then you really should consider a system upgrade.

Iīve updated the graphic packs,activated the FPS++ mod and disabled the GX2SetGPUfenceskip, the fpsīs have not changed in CEMU interface but the game runs faster, although sometimes there is some lag in fights, but the game itīs playable and itīs more than I expected :P.

Iīll pay attention to new Cemuīs, graphic packs and cemuhook versions in order to improve the performance.

Thanks both of you for your responses .

New user
    Quote Originally Posted by sasensio View Post
    Iīve updated the graphic packs,activated the FPS++ mod and disabled the GX2SetGPUfenceskip, the fpsīs have not changed in CEMU interface but the game runs faster, although sometimes there is some lag in fights, but the game itīs playable and itīs more than I expected :P.

Iīll pay attention to new Cemuīs, graphic packs and cemuhook versions in order to improve the performance.

Thanks both of you for your responses .
    Yes all the hacks help a lot to make the game playable. General rule of thumb is, after applying all patches, I guess, a modern high mid range machine (core i5 7xxx/i7 7xxx/Ryzen OCed or 1800x+ - NVidia 1070) should be able to give you a console like experience in a similar or higher resolution. A high end machine is better than the console version. I guess a i7 8700k 1080TI Combo will give you solid framerates between 35 and 50fps in outdoor areas.

But in the end this is not worth it unless you need all the power for something else, my son is playing the game in the Wii-U and the console experience is not that much different to the PC experience which i have with my upper mid range oced Ryzen system (some areas have more noticable stutter, but the emulated version has some graphical glitches in some areas=
    The difference is, ramping up the PC cost me 800 bucks (ryzen mobo and ram), the Wii-U version cost me roughly 50 bucks, I am not counting the Wii-U in, since I have had the console
    but nowadays you probably can get it cheaply second hand....

And you have to own the game anyway to be legally entitled to play the game on the PC.
    I just prefer the emulated version over the Wii-U version, because I can gamestream this version, so I can play it in any room I want and
    I am not bound to sit in front of the console or pc,but I guess if you play the Switch version you get a similar "mobile" experience.
    Last edited by werpu; 18.12.2017 at 08:50.

Cemu is in Development

Give Cemu some time, most of our PC's are stronger than the Switch.
    I really dont mind the 12fps on the overworld

New user
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderRainbowDuck View Post
    Give Cemu some time, most of our PC's are stronger than the Switch.
    I really dont mind the 12fps on the overworld
    Well... emulators only tend to become faster over time. There is still lots of optimization potential in cemu, the culprit is
    someone needs to find time and expertise to do it.

Dolphin for instance a while ago got a huge speed bump by moving its rendering api to Vulcan.
    Cemu still is on opengl. But moving to Vulcan is by no means an easy task, since it really is very very low level,
    and someone external helped the Dolphin people to do it.

Also since single core performance on the Intel side pretty much has hit its potential maximum, we will see
    a stronger move towards parallelism which AMD has triggered. AMD still has a IPC gap to intel which they probably will close
    with the Ryzen successor early next year (aka ramp up the GHz to Intel Levels) but then we wont see any dramatic single core performance increasements anymore.
    Which means that to gain more speed programs need to ulilize more cores in the future. We can see that already to some degree
    RPCS3 already needs 7 threads, Assassins Creed basically takes every thread and core it can get. But parallelising a rather linear architecture like the Wii-U has
    also is no single task. So I do not see Cemu tackle this area any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderRainbowDuck View Post
    PC's are stronger than the Switch.
    Implying there is direct correlation only makes sense if you re-write a game engine on the fly to be a true PC game engine. This is never the case and the emulation alone has a performance hit.

New user
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Implying there is direct correlation only makes sense if you re-write a game engine on the fly to be a true PC game engine. This is never the case and the emulation alone has a performance hit.
    Jepp, the golden rule of thumb used to be that a pc has to have about 10x the power of the emulated system. Dunno if this still applies today.