Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Don't believe everything you read. Sometimes they have another CPU model (with fewer cores) and they don't know it, or they have something else running in the background, or they only check usage during shader compilation and the NVIDIA driver is known to fully multithread at that point.

During regular gaming the Emulator can't use more than 4 cores in full plus some more, mainly depended on drivers (NVIDIA drivers might do 10 to 30% usage of an extra core).
    So you are saying that cemu using only 60% of my cpu actually working as intended?

Super-Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Strajder View Post
    So you are saying that cemu using only 60% of my cpu actually working as intended?
    Yes indeed. Cemu can now use only 4 cores. Plus a little bit of a 5th depending. If you have more cores than that then cemu can’t use 100% of your cpu. 5 cores of 8 is roughly 62%

Quote Originally Posted by werpu View Post
    I guess you guys are all GPU bottlenecked. This is simple to check load a demanding game like BOTW and check your processor load.
    You should hit on at least 3 cores (if you have the multicore stuff enabled) 100% if you are below that, ie, like 50% or so,
    then the gpu definitely is the limiting factor.
    My 980ti shouldn't be a bottleneck. BOTW, 20fps. Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, 15-25fps. Mario Kart 8 genally runs at 60fps though, apart from random dips. Grumble volcano knocks my PC on it's arse though.

NVIDIA drivers are very efficient and the emulated GPU runs well with them. Non-BotW games will get help from the multicore compiler - depended on game engine - because it makes the emulated CPU extremely light to a local system with more than two full CPU cores; it should work on all games once the bugs are fixed, because the Wii U itself has 3 cores, it's not per-game.

Most things become unstable for me if I enable dual or triple core, but I read that was to be expected anyway since focus has been on BOTW since it launched. General opinion is that you leave it on single core for everything but BOTW for now. But if both my overclocked 4690k at 4.5ghz and 980ti should be easily up to the job, why is my system struggling with most games on Cemu, other than simpler stuff like MK8, Mario 3d world, etc?

It hasn't got any update publicly; we only got the first version this month. We have confirmation that at least one relevant bug has been fixed regarding it for the next version.

In any case, it should eventually work for all games, and if you're lucky they use the Wii U extra cores (most of them should do, at least in a small way).

Super-Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by StuartTheFish View Post
    overclocked 4690k at 4.5ghz and 980ti
    This shouldn't struggle with any games. At least the games that actually do run well of course. How much ram do you have?

I've got 16gb DDR3 Xalphenos. Some games run very well, like Guacamelee, Mario 3D World, Toads Treasure Tracker, etc. All the easy ones. But when I try BOTW, my only benchmarch since that's all anyone seems to talk about nowadays, I can only get 20-25fps no matter what I do. It makes no difference which graphics packs I use or not, which CPU or timer settings I try, etc. In Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze I only get around 15-20 fps whenever DK or Diddy are on screen, Mario Kart 8 normally runs great, but has random but regular hitches in framerate, more so on multiplayer, grumble volcano completely knocks it on it's arse FPS wise, etc. And I've no idea why. My system is running nice and cool, so no thermal throttling going on, nothing else running in the background, etc.

Don't suppose you've got any ideas?

Did you do the regular performance tweaks? The main ones are fps++, dual+ core recompiler, gpu-cache accuracy set to low, fence skip if fps++ isn't used, or also disabling drawdone sync.

All of the above with the exception of multicore recompiler are inaccurate emulation and may produce glitches.

Yep, tried all of it. But like I say, I'm only trying BOTW for benchmarking since that's all people are currently talking about. My main gripe is the slowdowns in MK8 and DK. I wouldn't mind seeing the graphics in Tekken fixed for Nvidia too, but we can't have everything. :-)