Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Performance has not improved with Cemu 1.11.3

Hi everyone, Happy new Year!!!

I have an AMD FX8350 with eight core but it seems that with new Cemu 1.11.3 I get the same performance activating single core option than activating triple core option.
    The FPS are around 18 outside and 15-16 in Kakariko Village with both options, does not increase with more cores :S.

Could anybody help me?

This is my PC information:

AMD FX 8350 Black Edition
    8 GB Ram
    Graphic Card: Sapphire R9 270x 4GB

Greetings!!

It might be our bad AMD OpenGL drivers I get similar behavior (or the benefit is too small).

I'm on an i5 4690k clocked to 4.5ghz, and I see no improvement either I'm afraid.

I had discussed it a little with Exzap. It's mainly that now our emulated CPUs might be extremely fast compared to the emulated GPUs so even if we made it a lot lighter with multicore recompiler, the GPU emulation is still at the state it was before this new feature.

tl;dr: it helps almost nothing or totally nothing regarding our slow OpenGL drivers problem; it helps only the CPU emulation side.

Yeah I agree with you ,all comments that I have read point to slow OpenGL drivers for AMD GPU.
    Some people say that in Linux these drivers are better and the Cemu performance increases.
    Maybe one day I install Linux in a partionated hard disk and test it :P.

Mesa drivers are about 35% faster here, consistently; they also render better. Main problem with linux is that several software tools do not exist on it and it's generally a hobby to set it up.

New user
    Quote Originally Posted by StuartTheFish View Post
    I'm on an i5 4690k clocked to 4.5ghz, and I see no improvement either I'm afraid.
    I guess you guys are all GPU bottlenecked. This is simple to check load a demanding game like BOTW and check your processor load.
    You should hit on at least 3 cores (if you have the multicore stuff enabled) 100% if you are below that, ie, like 50% or so,
    then the gpu definitely is the limiting factor.

Not really; our results are same or almost same on very low GPU hardware load. On Cemu emulation there is a concept of an emulated GPU and that is the bottleneck here.

When we got the multicore compiler, our emulated CPU became much faster, however, our emulated GPU remained single-threaded and AMD drivers are capping it sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by sasensio View Post
    Hi everyone, Happy new Year!!!

I have an AMD FX8350 with eight core but it seems that with new Cemu 1.11.3 I get the same performance activating single core option than activating triple core option.
    The FPS are around 18 outside and 15-16 in Kakariko Village with both options, does not increase with more cores :S.

Could anybody help me?

This is my PC information:

AMD FX 8350 Black Edition
    8 GB Ram
    Graphic Card: Sapphire R9 270x 4GB

Greetings!!
    I also have FX 8350 overclocked to 4.5Ghz with 16gb ram and 1060GTX and for me there is a solid fps boost with this version of Cemu when using triple-core recompiler but even with this my cpu usage is just 60% and 40% if I use dual-core recompiler. Dunno why is that because I read that some users said that with dual and triple core recompilers theirs cpu usage is 100% Fps goes from 30 to 60 depending of the area but average fps is 45 which is playable for me. The only annoying thing is some stuttering I have and cannot get rid of it even with all the stutter fixes I was able to find on the net.
    Last edited by Strajder; 12.01.2018 at 13:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Strajder View Post
    Dunno why is that
    Don't believe everything you read. Sometimes they have another CPU model (with fewer cores) and they don't know it, or they have something else running in the background, or they only check usage during shader compilation and the NVIDIA driver is known to fully multithread at that point.

During regular gaming the Emulator can't use more than 4 cores in full plus some more, mainly depended on drivers (NVIDIA drivers might do 10 to 30% usage of an extra core).
    Last edited by epigramx; 12.01.2018 at 18:17.