Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation mark Cemu 1.11.3 dual core does not impact performance

My PC:
    FX 6300 3.5GHz
    RX 560D 4GB (Driver 17.11.4)
    6GB RAM
    700GB HDD
    Cemu version 1.11.3

My problem is: I'm playing Zelda BOTW now on cemu 1.11.3 but for some reason when i select the dual-core recompiler i have no fps boost.

It can happen if the GPU is capped.

now i made a overclock to 4.1 GHz and stay the same thing

I describe here the usual reason why: https://forum.cemu.info/showthread.p...th-Cemu-1-11-3

i have FX8350 and R9 290X and have the same experience... no improvements (or maybe 3 to 5 extra FPS). I even did an OC to 4.7 GHz and same result.
    updated drivers, directX and VRC.. same thing.

SPECS : AMD FX 8350 on the CROSSHAIR V FORMULA with 32 GB GEIL DDR3 2133 MHz and ASUS R9 290X DirectCU II OC
    driver : Radeon Settings Version - 2017.1217.1452.26725 under WIN10 X64 Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Not really; our results are same or almost same on very low GPU hardware load. On Cemu emulation there is a concept of an emulated GPU and that is the bottleneck here.

When we got the multicore compiler, our emulated CPU became much faster, however, our emulated GPU remained single-threaded and AMD drivers are capping it sooner.
    will we see an improved emulated GPU with the next CEMU release ?
    Last edited by diabolik; 10.01.2018 at 08:55.

Quote Originally Posted by diabolik View Post
    will we see an improved emulated GPU with the next CEMU release ?
    That's a question for Exzap but my guess is he would say there's always a chance for very small incremental improvements.

He will develop Vulkan support within a year or more though as he confirmed, and that can be a big benefit for AMD GPUs.

sweet!
    better performance is always a nice thing to have.

With the most recent security flaws on CPU-s i think the dev's got a bit of a setback

New user
    I am using an intel core i5 2600k overclocked 4,6 GHz, with ddr3 memory 2133 MHz with fast timings and setting cemu to "dual-core recompiler", gets me around ~10 % more fps in any area compared to the "triple-core recompiler".
    Maybe newer intel cpus with newer technologoy benefit from the triple-core recompiler more? I don't know.
    Anyway, users should try it out first.

This is very well known and it is easily explained by two possibilities

1) You technically still have only a quad core. The Hyperthreading does not necessarily make it better at triple but it may make it worse, especially if the drivers (especially NVIDIA's that multithread) or the OS have high needs in the background.

Possibility 2) It's just worse at triple even on 6 true cores or more because multithreading has overhead and if the Wii U does not need more than 2 PPC cores it's an unnecessary slow-down but some users claim their 6core+ can use it.

update: However, even on a 4core/8thread, some tests show that the average FPS may be slightly lower but the frame times may be more stable. By the way, 10% is a big difference; did you really make a controlled test without moving the camera?
    Last edited by epigramx; 14.01.2018 at 13:43.

New user
    I'd say the median of framerate increase is mostly around 7 -8 %, so sometimes 5 % or 10 %.
    Observed in many differents areas with exact same gamesave, while not moving etc.
    I have not tested frametimes so far. Maybe I do that later on.