Close

Idea Extremely FPS efficient graphics pack?

Hello!

I have tried and tried and I still cannot get 5 fps outside shrines in BOTW. I was wondering for people like me with either a shitty head or a shitty pc whether there is a graphics pack which removes effects which take up a lot more of the graphics card (or whatever makes my fps so low).
    Maybe a 1920x1080, except with no shadows, grass/trees doesn't sway, a limit to how far you see, etc. I don't care too much about the graphics, as long as it is extremely fps efficient.

Is there a graphics pack, and I don't mean FPS++, like this? Bear in mind I am running 854x480 resolution, using cemuhook etc and getting 5 fps.

There's barely any GPU hardware that is supported that would be the bottleneck if the resolution is low enough and you can prove it easily by monitoring GPU hardware usage on GPU-Z (and regular graphic packs only affect GPU hardware load). It's usually the emulated GPU that is the bottleneck or the emulated CPU and both are hardware CPU(or RAM) issues. On AMD OpenGL drivers on Windows the emulated GPU is usually the bottleneck. Use the new multicore recompiler to make the emulated CPU much faster if you have a CPU with more than 2 true cores but it does nothing to lower emulated GPU load. If it's an AMD GPU, Linux with the Mesa driver is much faster because it lowers emulated GPU load but it's a whole hobby to setup and not all third party software exists..
    Last edited by epigramx; 11.01.2018 at 07:07.

Thanks, but you didn't exactly answer the question, or if you did I couldn't understand it

I tried to teach you to fish. The answer is there is no such graphic pack at all if the GPU hardware is not the limit yet and for most people that have GPUs supported by Cemu, that's the most usual case so monitor if the GPU load is more than 70% and then consider if you want to lighten it.

PS. The reason I don't say more than 70% is that load meters are average load meters and the closer you are to 100% there is an increasing drop in performance but it's much smaller than just being at 100%.