Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

List of Wii U Game Framerates

Here is a list of Wii U framerates that I'll be putting together.
    Just to get a headstart, I'll be building from an existing list created by reddit user: Yhdiste.
    Information posted in the replies will be added if anybody wishes to help.

Static 30 FPS
    Angry Birds Trilogy
    Asdivine Hearts
    Assassin's Creed III
    Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
    Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition
    Batman: Arkham Origins
    Ben 10: Omniverse
    Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013
    The Croods: Prehistoric Party!
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    Dual Core
    Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water / Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water
    Funk of Titans
    How to Train Your Dragon 2
    The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Note: Dynamic 60fps mod is available)
    The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
    The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
    Lego City Undercover
    Lego Jurassic World
    Mass Effect 3
    Need for Speed: Most Wanted U
    Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty!
    One Piece: Unlimited World Red
    Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures
    Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures 2
    Pikmin 3
    Rapala Pro Bass Fishing
    Resident Evil: Revelations
    Rise of the Guardians: The Video Game
    Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
    Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric
    Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist
    Trine 2
    Turbo: Super Stunt Squad
    Watch Dogs
    Xenoblade Chronicles X
    ZombiU

Static 60 FPS
    007 Legends
    Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I Don't Know!
    Affordable Space Adventures
    Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures
    Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival
    Barbie and Her Sisters: Puppy Rescue
    Barbie Dreamhouse Party
    Bayonetta
    The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
    Bombing Bastards
    BRICK RACE
    Brunswick Pro Bowling
    Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
    Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
    CastleStorm
    Chariot
    Chasing Dead
    Child of Light
    Chronicles of Teddy: Harmony of Exidus
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
    DuckTales: Remastered
    Family Tennis SP
    FAST Racing NEO
    FIFA 13
    Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2
    Freedom Planet
    FreezeME
    Game & Wario
    Ghost Blade HD
    Infinity Runner
    Kamen Rider: Battride War II
    Kick & Fennick
    Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
    Kung Fu Panda: Showdown of Legendary Legends
    Mario Kart 8
    Mario Party 10
    Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash
    Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
    Mighty Switch Force! 2
    Monster High: 13 Wishes
    Monster High: New Ghoul in School
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
    NES Remix
    New Super Mario Bros. U
    New Super Luigi U
    Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
    Nintendo Land
    Paparazzi
    Paper Monsters Recut
    Penguins of Madagascar
    Phineas and Ferb: Quest for Cool Stuff
    Pokken Tournament
    Preston Sterling
    Puyo Puyo Tetris
    Quest of Dungeons
    Rayman Legends
    Rock Zombie
    Severed
    Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
    Shovel Knight
    The Smurfs 2
    Sonic Lost World
    Splatoon (Note: Runs 30fps in lobby.)
    SPHERE SLICE
    Star Fox Guard
    Star Fox Zero
    Star Wars Pinball
    Super Mario 3D World
    Super Mario Maker
    Super Meat Boy
    Swords & Soldiers
    Tachyon Project
    Taiko no Tatsujin: Tokumori
    Taiko no Tatsujin: Wii U Version
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2
    Tengami
    Toki Tori 2+
    Typoman
    Volgarr the Viking
    Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
    Wii Fit U
    Wii Party U
    Wii Sports Club
    Wipeout 3
    Wipeout: Create & Crash
    The Wonderful 101
    Year Walk
    Yoshi's Woolly World

Dynamic FPS
    Bayonetta 2
    Darksiders II (Note: Gameplay is capped to 30fps, Cutscenes run at 60fps)
    Hyrule Warriors (Note 1: Gameplay is capped to 30fps, Menu and some cutscenes run at 60fps)(Note 2: 60fps mod is available via graphic packs. Thanks to _emoose_)
    Legend of Kay Anniversary
    Paper Mario: Color Splash
    Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
    Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Why am I doing this? To be informative. Also, with fingers crossed, it might encourage a dev to make another 60fps mod similar to Xalphenos's.
    Last edited by PickleRick!; 04.02.2018 at 04:10. Reason: Updated information

Also list games that support dynamic FPS (and remove them from the list of "60FPS" if you put them there and list the rest as "static 30FPS" and "static 60FPS"). That way people know what games need no modding at all for FPS (usually), because some people also want 30 FPS mods for locked-60FPS games for slow hardware (boring, I know). Also when Cemu implements the profile option to be able to set a global vsync different to 60 frames per second those games will be automatically future proof for higher than 60FPS, if something doesn't break.

PS. Darksiders II might support dynamic FPS according to Exzap but you can confirm it. Also I'd look into Bayonetta 2 in case it has that feature. One can easily test for dynamic FPS if Cemu's FPS is capped to a lower FPS value externally and test if the gameplay speed does not alter.
    Last edited by epigramx; 17.09.2017 at 10:32.

Added dynamic fps and changed the other two to static.

Thanks for the advice.
    Currently, I'm pulling information from different sources that tested game frame rates (too many to credit). I'll personally test for dynamic fps whenever I get more free time.

BotW is supposed to be both 30FPS and 20FPS depended on if the system can handle it at the time (arbitrarily, not hardcoded per zone). It used to work like that on Cemu as well around 1.7.5 at least (either a Cemu or a BotW update altered the behavior on Cemu) One could claim it's a "hybrid system".

Of course it could be put in a "modded to dynamic FPS" list. It still has bugs, but Xalphenos still works on it.

Tested Darksiders II
    The frame rate is dynamic. However, the gameplay is capped at 30fps while cutscenes run at 60fps.

To keep things simple, I'll move darksiders 2 to the "dynamic fps" section with a note. As for BotW, I'll keep as is for now (unless Nintendo releases their own 60fps update). The list will continue to change and adapt, so I'll stay open-minded to new ideas.

This is not terribly useful but one can already determine if a 60FPS mod would be viable for current hardware or if they will need to look into a dynamic mod which is more complex to code and fix bugs introduced by. This is usually done by setting vsync to 60fps (or current Cemu max) by altering swap interval or other methods might be needed (e.g. for BotW also fence skipping did it) and then determine if that 60FPS is maintained even if gameplay speed is double (it has approximately the same requirements with a fully modded game that returns gameplay speed/timestep to normal). I've written an example of how to do this for WWHD here: https://forum.cemu.info/showthread.p...WHD-into-60FPS

For example, WWHD is not a terribly good game to mod for static-60FPS for current systems since even on the first zone it can drop to 30FPS because it's inefficient with particle effects and ...grass rendering according to Exzap. TPHD might be a good candidate because a few zones I tried retained 60FPS. The ones that don't retain 60FPS would be better off with dynamic FPS mods unless one waits for much better hardware or Cemu optimizations.

I finally had time to test Bayonetta 2.
    It is dynamic.

Added some more games to the list as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PickleRick! View Post
    I finally had time to test Bayonetta 2.
    It is dynamic.

Added some more games to the list as well.
    Thanks. It's more important to find the dynamic ones now since 1.10 added an option to use any frequency for the global interval of cemu (other than 60).

Add a note to Mario Kart 8 which mentions that the game will run at 30fps (render half of the screen 1 frame, then the next frame it renders the other half of the screen which can be seen on a digitalfoundry video.)

A 144Hz graphic pack for Bayonetta 2 to try: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...tta2_144Hz.zip
    A 240Hz pack for BotW (bundled with the FPS++ mod): https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen..._Mod_240Hz.zip
    (I haven't found a Darksiders 2 pack yet to grab the necessary code, but it should be relatively easy to make one if you have the game, just also copy the necessary line + category from rules.txt of the above, on 1.10 or better that affects frequency)

Quote Originally Posted by Crementif View Post
    Add a note to Mario Kart 8 which mentions that the game will run at 30fps (render half of the screen 1 frame, then the next frame it renders the other half of the screen which can be seen on a digitalfoundry video.)
    That game technically runs at 60FPS at all types. It renders the top or bottom half of the screen for a frame and the other half for the next frame. Rajkosto figures it happens because that way the physics/game code remains untouched (and I guess they avoid more complex methods like spawning a dedicated physics/game thread).

In that case an 60FPS mod would be to figure out where it prevents a half to be rendered and remove the prevention.