Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is this an emulation issue or a shader cache issue?

I've been giving BOTW a go to see what the fuss is about, and while at Hatano village and Hatano Beach I noticed these dodgy textures. They weren't fixed in place, they tracked around with the camera as I moved, so maybe they're a light map or something instead. It doesn't break gameplay, but thought I'd see if it was something on my end or if it's something that's known already. I'm using the most up to date shader cache, along with 4k and clarity graphics packs, along with the LWZX workaround pack, FPS++, etc. I'm on Cemu 1.11.3, Cemuhook 0.5.6.2, with an i5 4690k clocked to 4.5ghz, clocked gtx 980ti, 16gb ram, etc if it matters, with no sign of issues in any other game I play.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zelda.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	1,24 MB 
ID:	266

An unrelated observation I've made is that whenever it's raining outside, he makes splashes while moving about even when he's indoors. Is that normal?

Also, another unrelated issue, but for some reason Cemu reports only 25 FPS, unless in shrines where it'll go to 40, but to actually play the game it's clearly running far higher than that. What would cause this? The FPS counter seems accurate for every other game I play with Cemu.
    Last edited by StuartTheFish; 31.01.2018 at 12:49.

Your first issue seems like an outdated graphic pack, which graphic pack and version are you currently using?

An unrelated observation I've made is that whenever it's raining outside, he makes splashes while moving about even when he's indoors. Is that normal?
    Part of the game.

I'm using the newest shader cache available, 9634 shaders. Only downloaded it a few days ago.

Super-Moderator
    graphics packs not shader cache. Delete your graphics packs and get the latest. You must delete your old ones first or incorrect shaders will get edited.

Only did that a few days ago too, same time as when I got the latest shader cache.

Just looked, the date modified was 21/01/2018, so only ten days ago.

Seems some shader caches were only updated yesterday, so I've just got rid of the old ones and downloaded the new ones. I'll see if I spot it again.

Any ideas on the other bits I mentioned? Does the game on an actual Wii U still generate splashes when indoors? And any idea why Cemu is reporting a lower framerate for this game?

Well, it's still not right. Here's another dodgy texture/lightmap problem. The pattern of black shown in this screenshot is tiled, making up the shadow in this section. It even has a fetching red stripe in it. I replaced my shader cache and graphics packs just two days ago.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zelda.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	875,8 KB 
ID:	269

Is that area always like that or is it rng based?

New user
    Try removing the shader cache, just to rule it in or out.