Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

system requirements for breath of the wild

what are the minimum/recommended system requirements to play BOTW in 30 and 60 fps

Super-Moderator
    Based on my experience.

30 fps minimum 1080p:
    CPU: second gen i5 @3ghz
    GPU: GTX 460

30 fps Recommended 1080p:
    CPU: second gen i5 @4ghz
    GPU: GTX 750ti or higher

30 fps 4k/ 60 fps 1080p minimum:
    CPU: 4th gen i5 / Ryzen 5
    GPU: GTX 970

30 fps 4k/ 60 fps 1080p recommended:
    CPU: 6th gen core i5 / Ryzen 5 @ 3.8+ghz
    GPU: GTX 1070

Just a rough opinion based on my own testing and the tests reported by others.
    Last edited by Xalphenos; 07.02.2018 at 06:41.

A caveat is that the emulated GPU gets an important handicap from the AMD graphics driver (up to around 50% lower performance) so if the target is Cemu, it's best to use an NVIDIA for now. The situation will change in the distant future since a Vulkan backend is being developed.

That issue is Windows-only. That issue isn't alleviated by the multicore recompiler since that only helps at the emulated CPU.
    Last edited by epigramx; 06.03.2018 at 08:15.

as of 1.11.5 what is the minimum system requirements to acquire a stable 30 fps?

There's little difference since this thread started.

New user
    Do you think I will get 30fps at 1080p with this?
    CPU: second gen i5 @4ghz. (with 16Gb of moderately fast ram.)
    GPU: Radeon HD6970 (yeah, old, I know. I have two in Crossfire if that helps).

I don't mind dialing down the graphics a bit, as long as BOTW looks at least as good as it does on the Switch.

Thanks.

New user
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    A caveat is that the emulated GPU gets an important handicap from the AMD graphics driver (up to around 50% lower performance) so if the target is Cemu, it's best to use an NVIDIA for now. The situation will change in the distant future since a Vulkan backend is being developed.

That issue is Windows-only. That issue isn't alleviated by the multicore recompiler since that only helps at the emulated CPU.
    Crud, I just read this. Any idea when the Vulcan backend will be ready?

Super-Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by CrocD View Post
    GPU: Radeon HD6970 (yeah, old, I know. I have two in Crossfire if that helps).
    Terascale cards won't render botw correctly at all. These cards are abandoned by AMD and do not support the required OpenGL. They will also never support vulkan. Crossfire is unusable in most emulators.

New user
    Quote Originally Posted by Xalphenos View Post
    Terascale cards won't render botw correctly at all. These cards are abandoned by AMD and do not support the required OpenGL. They will also never support vulkan. Crossfire is unusable in most emulators.
    Good to know.
    Many thanks!
    I have a GTX 570 in another machine, I'll swap the cards. Or maybe I'll use that machine; it has 3rd gen Sandy Bridge i7 clocked at 3.5. It won't clock any higher, but I guess that should do. That machine has 32Gb of pretty fast ram. Should be good, no?

Super-Moderator
    Turn on triple core and you should be golden.