Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CEMU suddenly running very slow after updating to 1.11.4

Hi, i'm new to the forum, first of all thank you to the developers of CEMU for making such a wonderful emulator, honestly is appreciated very much. Onto my issue though, I originally had CEMU 1.11.3 with zelda BOTW 1.4.1 + DLC's and it was working great, solid 60+fps in all locations no problem. However today I updated CEMU to 1.11.4 and suddenly zelda botw is running terribly slow, like 5-10fps just in the menu alone and much lower when in game. I updated cemu by completely backing up my zelda save and reinstalling everything from scratch, so there is no old cemu files being transferred causing imcompatibility or anything. I honestly have no clue what is going on. Before my GPU usage would be around 60-70%, now its at like 5% so thats the issue right there but I dont understand why its happening. I have tried to disable all graphics packs and it makes 0 difference. No clue whats going on but if someone could help me it would be greatly appreciated, I wil keep trying to fix it while waiting for suggestions. My spec is Windows 10 with an i7 5960x clocked to 4.5ghz and a gtx 1080ti, 64gb ram. I have triple core enabled and the fence skip hack. I have tried disabling and enabling pretty much everything just to see if it was causing an issue. Thank you and hopefully someone has a fix for me.

Well a little update, I downgraded back to CEMU 1.11.3 and everything works fine again, something with the new update has a bad conflict with my system. Not sure what to do about it but for now im happy using 1.11.3. If anyone knows why this slowdown is happening with the new update on my system though, please let me know. Thank you.

Im starting to think BSOD gaming has bots within his comment section every video he uploads has nothing but ppl praising how they always get great performances even when the build is bad.
    Anyway Im having the same issue within 1.11.4 1st thing I noticed is that it takes about 5 mins just get through loading after picking a save file. The FPS drops just by scrolling in the menu..... and then there's that occasional stutter that dips my FPS down to 26 or 28. And yes it still stutters even with the new anti stutter graphics pack. I did not have any of these issues back on 1.11.3. Infact 1.11.3 is the best build I have experienced by far with stable 30fps. Using an I7 3820 not OCed 3.58ghz gtx 980ti, 32GB ram dual core with fence skip.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterJ360 View Post
    Im having the same issue within 1.11.4 1st thing I noticed is that it takes about 5 mins just get through loading after picking a save file. The FPS drops just by scrolling in the menu..... and then there's that occasional stutter that dips my FPS down to 26 or 28. And yes it still stutters even with the new anti stutter graphics pack. I did not have any of these issues back on 1.11.3. Infact 1.11.3 is the best build I have experienced by far with stable 30fps. Using an I7 3820 not OCed 3.58ghz gtx 980ti, 32GB ram dual core with fence skip.
    That's not very regular; I suggest you do a test. Temporarily drop 1.11.3's exe in place of the current .exe and see if it does anything different; if it doesn't it's obviously something other than the version.

1.11.4 re-wrote the RPL loader from scratch and it might get obscure issues at less common games but it's unlikely to be related to your case since you talk about BotW.

You must also update your graphic packs and Cemuhook if you have old versions, while the static fps mod must not be used simultaneously with other fps mods.
    Author of WiimoteHook; co-author of Static FPS mods, author of guides to game assembly patching , compiling mesa and high-res screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by MasterJ360 View Post
    Im starting to think BSOD gaming has bots within his comment section every video he uploads has nothing but ppl praising how they always get great performances even when the build is bad.
    Anyway Im having the same issue within 1.11.4 1st thing I noticed is that it takes about 5 mins just get through loading after picking a save file. The FPS drops just by scrolling in the menu..... and then there's that occasional stutter that dips my FPS down to 26 or 28. And yes it still stutters even with the new anti stutter graphics pack. I did not have any of these issues back on 1.11.3. Infact 1.11.3 is the best build I have experienced by far with stable 30fps. Using an I7 3820 not OCed 3.58ghz gtx 980ti, 32GB ram dual core with fence skip.
    My guides are structured and made for usability (Hense the timestamps in the descriptions and the different sections provided). You have to follow ALL the steps to get the best possible performance, not pick and choose the parts you want yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by BSoD Gaming View Post
    My guides are structured and made for usability (Hense the timestamps in the descriptions and the different sections provided). You have to follow ALL the steps to get the best possible performance, not pick and choose the parts you want yourself.
    Idk 1.11.3 was bread butter for me it gave me stable 30fps no matter what resolution i threw at it
    Update: ok I started from scratch including downloading the game/updates/Re using Cemu 1.11.4 now its working fine with no frame drops even in the menu
    excuse my shitpost from b4 I was just frustrated on why I was getting the opposite performance than 11.3. The issue probably came from copying 1.11.4 over 11.3 files
    instead of making a separate Cemu setup
    or maybe I was using Dual core instead of Triple. But the end result steady 29-30fps with 0 stutter without the static stutter pack
    Last edited by MasterJ360; 08.02.2018 at 22:17. Reason: Bad Judgement I'm sorry

Quote Originally Posted by diabolik View Post
    i have : AMD FX 8350 on the CROSSHAIR V FORMULA with 32 GB GEIL DDR3 2133 MHz and ASUS R9 290X DirectCU II OC

semi-static test : link on a horse (not moving) with the sun on the back ( screenshot : https://ibb.co/dJ05Tb )
    with dual core : between 13,5 FPS (most LOW) and 14,2 FPS (most HIGH)
    with triple core : between 12,3 FPS (most LOW) and 13,3 FPS (most HIGH)

zelda patch 1.4.1 and DLC ver.3.0 at 1080p with graphics pack : NO AA, all AMD fix options, regular shadows, 30fps lock, FPS++, LWZX Crash workaround and shadow fix
    CEMU 1.11.3 : GX2SetGPUfence SKIP = ON ; upscale filter = bilinear ; GPU buffer = low ; and NO fullsync at GX2 draw, NO RDTSC and shader cache = ON (using bsod 9k cache file)
    CEMUHOOK 0.5.6.2
    AMD driver 18.1.1 (Driver Packaging Version 17.50.07.02-180104a-322612E-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin)

but i must point out i was mining etherium and watching youtube at the same time ... so i re-did the test with no mining and no video (just CEMU)
    with dual core : between 15,7 FPS (most LOW) and 16,2 FPS (most HIGH)
    with triple core : between 15,4 FPS (most LOW) and 16,0 FPS (most HIGH)

here is a screenshot of the scene : https://ibb.co/dJ05Tb
    i redid the test with 1.11.4b and the FPS went down to 13,2 and 13,9 FPS (most HIGH)

Exact same issue I have, with 1.11.3 I get well over 60fps (but I lock it to 75fps by V-SYNC) but using 1.11.4 instantly messes up everything. Fps goes down to like 5fps with huge stuttering, and even loading the game (both waiting for the shader cache and actually getting to the main menu) takes well over 5 minutes instead of the usual 15-30 seconds for me. 1.11.4 definitely has an issue, not for everyone of course, but for me its definitely casuing a conflict and it seems to be a wider spread issue, at least I am not the only one suffering from this bug, means a fix is more likely to happen. And by the way this huge performance drop applies even with no graphics packs at all or any other combinatons, not that it matters though because I run many graphics packs with 1.11.3 with no issues so the incremental update shouldnt be making it worse by such a huge amount.

Exzap suggests to not use vsync in the Options menu at all by the way; it's only there because people demanded it. Did you try other timer options?

Try one of the mods here which include performance tweaks but tell me what Checksum you get when you check Debug->View RPL modules when in-game to know you are in the right game version.
    Author of WiimoteHook; co-author of Static FPS mods, author of guides to game assembly patching , compiling mesa and high-res screenshots

I use vsync with 1.11.3 so there shouldn't be any difference with 1.11.4, but I have already tried with v-sync disabled either way. There is definitely a problem with the new update for certain hardware, its just hard to find out what the problem is I assume. Using the new version makes me go from my old well over 60fps to 3-5fps with insane stutter and slowdown, theres no issue on my end. Definitely a problem on CEMUs end for select hardware with the new update.