Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Note that the state of support in this area is relatively unknown and possibly fast-changing due to unpredictable upstream changes.

What we know from Xalphenos' testing is that Polaris cards might work on llvm7 but not for BotW and XCX properly.

PS. If you want to try your luck on Intel iGPUs, notice the main README of mesa mild.
    Author of WiimoteHook; co-author of Static FPS mods, author of guides to game assembly patching , compiling mesa and high-res screenshots

I can confirm that BOTW works with this on Vega, but most other games completely crash Linux with a hard lock up.

On a R9 290 everything I tried works perfectly.
    Author of WiimoteHook; co-author of Static FPS mods, author of guides to game assembly patching , compiling mesa and high-res screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Right.
    Vega is not R9 290 though.

It's separate information; never said it is.

New user
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Unfortunately, it is not working on my RX 580, here is what I see (view from the shrine to the kakariko village):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2018-04-07_17-23-48.png 
Views:	51 
Size:	143,0 KB 
ID:	325

I am running Arch Linux with the LLVM-svn repo and Mesa-git (latest version there is for both: llvm7 and mesa 18).

I did everything for the mesa mild, the comand is a little bit different as I compile with the llvm present on my computer (I just remove what you used for LLVM and add '--enable-llvm').
    I can see that it works better than the mesa on my computer because it doesn't even give me an image.

Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario Bros U work really well ! (even though I haven't really tested them enough), actually they work better than on windows for me.

Specs:
    CPU: i5 3570k @ 4.9ghz
    GPU: AMD RX 580 (Saphirre Nitro +)
    RAM: 16gb

New user
    Yes, I built with the "--enable-texture-float" activated.
    Here is the complete line:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2018-04-08_18-19-26.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	37,3 KB 
ID:	334
    And here is the link to the config's output: https://pastebin.com/LDP3PR0s
    And the make output: https://pastebin.com/9eTjUQi1

Everything seems fine, I even get warned about the use of floating textures.
    After a quick test with "glxinfo", I can grep the "texture_float" and see that it is present (in my mesa driver and mesa mild using the same command that you give to launch wine).

Since I am currently learning OpenGL, I have gone into my learning project and changed the internal texture format to GL_RGB32F and there it is, black textures. I will go and test this on Windows too to see how it goes, I will edit this post to let you know if it works there (which I suppose it should).

EDIT: Well no, it doesn't work on windows either :/

EDIT 2 ! :
    After checking my code in Windows and trying to find if I didn't make an error I realized that I did (of course). After correcting that error, I can now safely say that floating textures work under windows and under Linux for me (if my testing is correct).
    Last edited by Luxed; 10.04.2018 at 05:32.

New user

Question radv_nir_to_llvm.c error

When I compile mesa mild with the llvm-svn repo on arch I get the following:

Code:
    See any operating system documentation about shared libraries for
    more information, such as the ld(1) and ld.so(8) manual pages.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    make[5]: Leaving directory '/home/robert/Documents/Programs/mesa_mild_compatibility/src/egl'
    make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/robert/Documents/Programs/mesa_mild_compatibility/src/egl'
    make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/robert/Documents/Programs/mesa_mild_compatibility/src/egl'
    Making install in amd/vulkan
    make[3]: Entering directory '/home/robert/Documents/Programs/mesa_mild_compatibility/src/amd/vulkan'
    make  install-am
    make[4]: Entering directory '/home/robert/Documents/Programs/mesa_mild_compatibility/src/amd/vulkan'
      CC       radv_nir_to_llvm.lo
    radv_nir_to_llvm.c: In function ‘ac_llvm_finalize_module’:
    radv_nir_to_llvm.c:2874:2: error: implicit declaration of function ‘LLVMAddPromoteMemoryToRegisterPass’; did you mean ‘LLVMAddDemoteMemoryToRegisterPass’? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
      LLVMAddPromoteMemoryToRegisterPass(passmgr);
      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      LLVMAddDemoteMemoryToRegisterPass
    cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
    make[4]: *** [Makefile:983: radv_nir_to_llvm.lo] Error 1
    make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/robert/Documents/Programs/mesa_mild_compatibility/src/amd/vulkan'
    make[3]: *** [Makefile:1135: install] Error 2
    make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/robert/Documents/Programs/mesa_mild_compatibility/src/amd/vulkan'
    make[2]: *** [Makefile:869: install-recursive] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/robert/Documents/Programs/mesa_mild_compatibility/src'
    make[1]: *** [Makefile:1026: install] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/robert/Documents/Programs/mesa_mild_compatibility/src'
    make: *** [Makefile:675: install-recursive] Error 1
    Anyone else have this?

Super-Moderator
    Perhaps it's a new regression in llvm? I did not have that issue when I installed mesa mild with llvm-svn a while back.

New user
    I don't know if it's a regression but I had the issue too. I fixed it by modifying the makefiles myself but I really don't think it's something that anyone should have to do. I wasn't able to find anything about this on the internet either.