Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Cemu Version Migration Tool v1.1 - migrate easier! [Last update: 17/11/17]

--- IMPORTANT: THIS TOOL HAS BEEN SUPERSEDED BY CEMU UPDATE TOOL ---

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Raster.png 
Views:	54 
Size:	11,4 KB 
ID:	67
    Want to keep Cemu installations separated from each other? Tired of copying manually every single folder (graphic packs, controller profiles, saves, caches, updates...) every time you have to update Cemu? You won't need to do it anymore!

I'm proud to present my simple tool that will blow away the hassle of migrating all Cemu data from an older version to a newer one - Cemu Version Migration Tool. It will do all the hard work for you - just choose the subfolders you want to copy in Options, select source and destination Cemu directories and enjoy!
    The program comes with the opportunity to store options in a file (just in case you want to use it again in the future) and oh, there's also a comprehensive help section to clarify all your doubts!
    But this is just the beginning - more features are coming in the near future:

• automatic download and installation of CemuHook
    • automatic download and extraction of the latest version of Cemu!

The tool requires .NET Framework 4.5 or higher (download here if you don't have it).
    Click here to download the tool

SCREENSHOTS (not updated): https://imgur.com/a/zWRKX

CHANGELOG:
    • v1.0 (25/09/17): Initial release
    • v1.0.1 (05/10/17): Added crashlog feature for unhandled exceptions, fixed a bug in Cemu version check (before this fix the program considered v1.9 newer than 1.10), updated help section
    • v1.1 (17/11/17):
      - Added option to copy Cemu settings.bin file
      - Added option to remove destination folders' content before copying
      - Added option to ignore mlc01 subfolders when migrating from Cemu versions higher than 1.10+
      - Once the migration is completed, the program now creates a Cemu desktop shortcut (after user approval) and configures it accordingly to mlc01 folder position for versions higher than 1.10 (editable in Options)
      - Added option to prevent program to save settings to file
      - Savegames option now includes Cemu 1.11+ save folder (/mlc01/usr/save)
      - Updated help section (obviously)
      - Fixed options file saving in %AppData% when parent folder(s) doesn't exist
      - Many tweaks under the hood and other minor bugfixes

PS: I've put all my passion and dedication into the creation of this tool, but making a 100% bug-proof program isn't easy at all. If you encounter some issues, please tell me! <3
    Last edited by Fs00; 14.06.2018 at 17:42.

Umm... you know you just have to replace the serial.bin / cemu.exe, right? o-o

I know, even though is not the safest thing to do (do you delete precompiled every time you update?). Anyway, my tool is intended for anyone who prefers keeping every Cemu installation in a different folder to avoid regressions.

New user
    I'll definitely end up using this. Hopefully you do end up implementing auto updating, that would be nice. Perhaps you could try to integrate your project with one of the CEMU launchers, such as CEMUI

Quote Originally Posted by Fs00 View Post
    I know, even though is not the safest thing to do (do you delete precompiled every time you update?). Anyway, my tool is intended for anyone who prefers keeping every Cemu installation in a different folder to avoid regressions.
    I delete precompiled out of habit, but afaik you don't have to, Cemu should overwrite it by itself if I'm not mistaken.

Maybe I'm wrong. lol

Anyway, nothing wrong with a handy tool.
    Last edited by Serfrost; 26.09.2017 at 13:52.

Quote Originally Posted by jazir5 View Post
    I'll definitely end up using this. Hopefully you do end up implementing auto updating, that would be nice. Perhaps you could try to integrate your project with one of the CEMU launchers, such as CEMUI
    As far as I've seen, an integration with CemUI isn't within my skills. I would need to port all my back-end in C++ (which currently I don't know) and then all the UI should be rewritten.
    Anyway, when all key features of my program will be implemented, I'll release the source code on GitHub. Starting from there, everyone will have the opportunity to use my code in other programs.

Idea

Hi guys, as you probably have seen I've just released a small update for the tool, which fixes a bug and adds crashlog feature (see changelog in first post for further details).
    As you may have seen, I changed my mind regarding future plans for the program. I won't make custom folder settings editable via GUI because it isn't a very useful feature, and furthermore you can already do it modifying settings file. But you'll be happy to hear that automatic Cemu downloading and installing is now confirmed for the future (it won't be soon anyway).
    Before that, it is my intention to release a bigger update by the end of the month (I don't guarantee anything though) which will bring the opportunity to migrate Cemu settings file and ignore mlc01 folder for v1.10+, plus some little extras.
    Stay tuned and have a nice time!

Quote Originally Posted by Fs00 View Post
    As far as I've seen, an integration with CemUI isn't within my skills. I would need to port all my back-end in C++ (which currently I don't know) and then all the UI should be rewritten.
    Anyway, when all key features of my program will be implemented, I'll release the source code on GitHub. Starting from there, everyone will have the opportunity to use my code in other programs.
    What do you mean by "I would need to port all my back-end in C++ (which currently I don't know)"? Are you saying you would need to port your program to use C++, or are you saying that your program is already written in C++ and thus needs to be ported?

If you're saying you would need to port your program to use C++, CemUI is not written in C++ so there's no real need to convert anything to C++.

If you saying that your program is already written in C++ and thus needs to be ported, CemUI is written in Node which has support for C/C++ modules, so again no porting needed.

Since CemUI is written in Node it natively supports C/C++ and JavaScript (and all supersets of JS (IE, TypeScript, Coffee, etc)). And with the use of modules such as EdgeJS you can even integrate C#, and there are similar tools out there for other languages.

So if you wanted to implement your tool into CemUI you most likely could.

Quote Originally Posted by RedDucks View Post
    What do you mean by "I would need to port all my back-end in C++ (which currently I don't know)"? Are you saying you would need to port your program to use C++, or are you saying that your program is already written in C++ and thus needs to be ported?

If you're saying you would need to port your program to use C++, CemUI is not written in C++ so there's no real need to convert anything to C++.

If you saying that your program is already written in C++ and thus needs to be ported, CemUI is written in Node which has support for C/C++ modules, so again no porting needed.

Since CemUI is written in Node it natively supports C/C++ and JavaScript (and all supersets of JS (IE, TypeScript, Coffee, etc)). And with the use of modules such as EdgeJS you can even integrate C#, and there are similar tools out there for other languages.

So if you wanted to implement your tool into CemUI you most likely could.
    With "which I currently don't know" I meant that I don't have any knowledge of C++ at the moment (pardon for my imperfect English).
    I didn't know anything about EdgeJS so yes, I could probably port my back-end pretty easily (since it's written in C#), but the real problem is the GUI. That would surely need to be completely rewritten, since currently it's in Windows Forms.
    Furthermore, recently I've had bad experiences with JavaScript frameworks and personally I would like not to return to work with that language. But before thinking about merging with CemUI, I want to implement all planned features in my tool. So, don't expect anything in the near future.

Hi guys, I'm happy to announce that the major update 1.1 is finally available to download!
    I apologize for the delay, but October has been a terribly busy month for me due to scholastic obligations and because of them I had to put off the start of the development to November.
    This is the biggest update since the launch of the tool and a lot of work has been put into the development of the new features, improving at the same time the quality of the code I had already written (remember that I'm just a beginner). But let's talk about what's new in this version: now you'll have the opportunity to copy Cemu settings file, to delete destination folders' content before migrating, as well as to ignore mlc01 subfolders for Cemu versions higher than 1.10+, useful if you use custom mlc01 folder position. And for those of you who do, there's a new handy feature: once the program has completed the migration process, it will ask you if you want to create a Cemu desktop shortcut, that will be configured accordingly to the custom mlc01 folder path you set in program Options! Another noteworthy addition is an option to prevent the program to save options to file (a bit tricky, huh?), that can be useful if you want to use the tool "on the fly".
    For download link and full changelog, head to the first post!
    Next major release will bring automatic CemuHook download and setup. It won't be an easy work, so don't expect anything before next year. After all, do I deserve a break after this major release, don't I?
    Last edited by Fs00; 14.06.2018 at 17:40.