Close

Unhappy [HELP] Black screen with sound only after second launch???

hello guys I'm having problems with puyo puyo tetris, I downloaded it with cemu 1.11.4b, everything runs great the first time I uncompress it and play, I can have long gameplay sessions, I can configure/change video/controls etc, after closing it and trying to play it for the second time all I get its black screen with sound in the background, I can even press start and move in the menus(the sounds tells me that of curse lol), I tried deleting configs, save game etc but I still get the same black screen...BUT if I delete it and uncompress it again, I can play without problems and the problems repeats over and over and I don't want to keep deleting/uncompressing everytime I want to play it...any idea that can help me out?

Super-Moderator
    What gpu do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Xalphenos View Post
    What gpu do you have?
    I have a intel hd 620, but I can play whatever wii u game I want at decent framerate, I can play an relaunch cemu as many times as I want and play whatever game I want to play without any visual or crash issues, the problem is with puyo puyo tetris, as I said, I downloaded it with cemu 1.11 as a zip and the first time I can play as long as I want to play, change settings etc, but the problem comes after the second launch when I get the black/white screen with sound only, and I repeat lol, if I delete the folder and uncompress everything again, the game runs without problems, I tried deleting save game, settings etc but no luck, and it happens in any version of cemu from 1.5 and above...game works in 1.4 as many times as I want but it has visual problems in that version, it doesn't show me menus etc

Hope you still check on this 'cause I had the same problem and found a solution for it.

Go to your Cemu folder, open "shaderCache," then delete the .bin files inside "precompiled" and "transferable."

I don't know if you should do this every time you reopen the game, but I'm guessing you should if the screen bugs out again.

Quote Originally Posted by StardustReveries View Post
    Hope you still check on this 'cause I had the same problem and found a solution for it.

Go to your Cemu folder, open "shaderCache," then delete the .bin files inside "precompiled" and "transferable."

I don't know if you should do this every time you reopen the game, but I'm guessing you should if the screen bugs out again.
    Deleting a transferable almost never helps; that's the cache of files to recompile so no stuttering(instant freezes) happen again because of compilation of shaders.

If you want to avoid using the precompiled files of Cemu use the new Cemu options (or the old Cemuhook option) to disable that feature entirely.

I'm curious to see what happen if you disable precompiled cache to run CEMU on a iGPU (no GPU shader cache on windows).
    Unless OP is under linux with MESA drivers ? (only one that enable iGPU shader caching i believe)

I read on a iGPU thread (don't rember the driver version mentionned) that to avoid heavy glitches and issues on iGPU, CEMU precompiled cache have to be deleted and rebuild each run. StardustReveries might talk about this workaround.
    Last edited by Laf111; 11.06.2018 at 23:04.