Close

Question What's wrong with my Cemu setup?

Trying to run Zelda BotW ("version 33" as shown in cemu) on my laptop (see specs in My Profile / About Me).

Cemu setup is as follows:
    * Cemu 1.11.6b,
    * Graphics Packs Enabled are BotW FPS++ for v1.3.3, No Depth of Field, 1600x900 (native res), Clarity, LWZX Crash Workaround,
    * Cemu options enabled are GPUFence skip Hack, Full Sync at GX2DrawDone, BotW Crash Workaround, Separate Shaders,
    * CPU options are triple-core recompiler, host-based timer and all logical cores
    * Debug options are Precompiled shader cache enabled, timer accuracy is 1ms.

I'm using the complete shader cache (around 9500 shaders) as provided by the original sources (I forget the names right now, sorry). I have the latest driver for my GTX 1050 TI.

Problems: very variable FPS with max of 20 in outdoor areas with frequent freezes (more solid 30 fps in shrines), system memory usage of some 60-70%, texture corruption (see below) especially at shrines - this corruption goes away if I delete precompiled cache and replace the file in the "transferable" folder

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BotW Texture Glitch.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	303,1 KB 
ID:	367

My system specs are pretty high. What am I getting wrong? Any help appreciated.
    Last edited by morningster; 17.05.2018 at 03:09. Reason: forgot summat

Super-Moderator
    post your log.txt

Quote Originally Posted by Xalphenos View Post
    post your log.txt
    Hello Xalphenos. Thanks for replying. Log attached...

log.txt

Super-Moderator
    You are running v33, version 1.1.0, of the game. Of the graphics packs you are using only the lwzx pack is working correctly. All other packs are at a point where they only work with BotW version 1.4.0 and later. I suggest updating your game to the latest.

Hello again Xalphenos.

Thanks for the help. I've updated to BotW 1.4.0 and there is some improvement, but still hitting that 25 FPS limit outdoors and it's not as smooth as hoped for, even with DoF off. I've tried your update of FPS++ that was made for BotW 1.4.0 and BotW hangs at the game's splash screen (dragon tapestry): Cemu remains responsive but the game itself doesn't go anywhere. Also there are some errors in the log file (some kind of compile problem). If you could tell me what might be going on, I'd much appreciate it.

log.txt

Super-Moderator
    Only use graphics packs from the official graphics pack release. The FPS++ you are using is out of date.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalphenos View Post
    Only use graphics packs from the official graphics pack release. The FPS++ you are using is out of date.
    As mentioned in previous message, I applied your update here - assuming this the correct link and version for BotW 1.4.0... It causes BotW to hang on my cemu setup (1.11.6b) whereas FPS++ for v 13.3. does not.

Use the semi-official repo to install packs https://slashiee.github.io/cemu_graphic_packs/ We upload the latest of those fps mods there.

PS. Click the green download button (instead of going to the literal repo source)
    Author of WiimoteHook; co-author of Static FPS mods, author of guides to game assembly patching , compiling mesa and high-res screenshots

Thank you. I'll try that and see!