New user

$140 where?

My current rig is
    3770k @4.2
    1060 GTX 6gb
    zotac z77-itx
    samsung 1600mhz cl9 ram ddr3 (4gbx2)
    samsung evo 850 ssd 1tb

I am trying to achieve the highest fps possible on BOTW under $140 budget. Where should I invest my money to yield the highest FPS increase? I think I have two options:

1. buy used ram
    -upgrade to 16gb 2666mhz (8gbx2) (~$140)

2. buy h100i and overclock
    -overclock i7 3770 to 4.7 (~$140)

what do you guys think I should do?

I have several thoughts on that but I think I would conclude that both options seem similarly good while that budget doesn't seem that big compared to the system you already got.

tl;dr: I'd suggest to get either first, collect some more currency and do the other option too soon after. By the way, I prefer high-end air like Noctua's compared to low-end water.
    Author of WiimoteHook; co-author of Static FPS mods, author of guides to game assembly patching , compiling mesa and high-res screenshots

New user
    @epigramx
    thanks for your quick response.
    Its quite an honor to have my question answered by a famous figure. lol.
    But you didn't answer my question! Please pick one or the other!
    by the way, I couldn't go with air since my itx board is super picky. the only noctua it can fit is l9i, which will never let me overclock.

Super-Moderator
    I would upgrade the ram. You are already at 4.2ghz. 500 MHz more may not gain that much. And 4.7 may not be doable even with a better cooler. The ram will keep pagefile use to a minimum and there are some studies to suggest that faster ram really helps out the old sandy/ivy platforms.

Yes, I thought of the RAM too mainly because of its frequency (because trimmed OSes can get away with 8GB, sometimes). Though the CPU isn't that far off if you know you can get that ~10% higher.
    Author of WiimoteHook; co-author of Static FPS mods, author of guides to game assembly patching , compiling mesa and high-res screenshots

New user
    shhiieet Xalphenos and Epigramx on the same day. Must be my lucky day! This is a tough choice! I think i am gonna buy some g.skills trident x 2666. thanks.