Close

1950X cpu 20 fps?

Hi all,

Can anyone explain why my frame rate is only <20 fps no graphics pack and 30 with ,I see others with 60!

cemu 1.12.0d
    gtx 1070ti
    threadripper 1950x

thanks

Ian

Hi,

It's mostly because CEMU like single core perfomance and use only 4 cores (3 : tripleCore-Mode, 1 : sound, i beleive)

You might try to overclock your CPU.

Be also aware that if you're talking about BOTW and the great plateau (beginning of the game) you'll get here a FPS slower than in other places in the game.
    Last edited by Laf111; 23.05.2018 at 14:52.

There are various options that can dramatically lower FPS; cpu buffer cache accuracy being high, cpu emulation being single core or interpreted, too high resolution etc. Read the sticky on the subreddit for a start.

PS. Zemu
    Author of WiimoteHook; co-author of Static FPS mods, author of guides to game assembly patching , compiling mesa and high-res screenshots

Super-Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Laf111 View Post
    Hi,

It's mostly because CEMU like single core perfomance and use only 4 cores (3 : tripleCore-Mode, 1 : sound, i beleive)
    And 1 core for gpu emulation. So with triplecore recompiler cemu can use up to 5 threads. But really that last thread with sound, etc, is so minuscule it almost doesn't count.

To OP: 20 fps or less is almost always a setup issue. At least with a modern processor and a dedicated gpu.

I was focused on the title of this thread (1950X and so the CPU) and assumed that you already knows what is needed to proper run Zemu ;-)

To Xalphenos : thanks for this precision on threads used (and not cores)