Close

mario cart 8 wont save

so i moved my cemu to my ssd after realizing i had enough space and i changed all the paths to their new ones but now it wont save in mario kart 8 or breath of the wild
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	save file migration.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	568,4 KB 
ID:	381
    i hit yes and i get this window

Name:	migration error.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	565,1 KB 
ID:	382
    i hit yes again and i get into the game but say i unlock the flower cup and then close the game and reopen it i don't have access to the cup anymore and i have to restart all over. ill put in the logs just in case but from what i can tell they seem to be in check please help me solve this issue

log.txt
    Last edited by anytarseir67; 28.05.2018 at 00:40. Reason: made a mistake

New user
    MapleSeed2 - How to Use It

Do you have MapleSeed2? You can use that to unlock a bunch of stuff in the game via updates and also get all of the DLC characters and DLC content. Use a game save to unlock whatever this doesn't. Get it here: https://github.com/Tsume/Maple-Tree/releases. It's simple and easy to use. Before downloading Updates / Patch Content and DLC Content, go to Control Panel and uncheck "Store Encrypted Content" and uncheck "Force Rebuild Database".

Steps:

A) During installation it will ask you to select your Cemu's ROMs folder.
    B) It will also ask you to select the Cemu.exe.
    C) Now you're set.
    D) Start it up and it should display a list of your games.

Name:	MapleSeed2 Game List.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	47,4 KB 
ID:	393

E) At the top you should see: Library, Control Panel, Log, and Help.

F) In the Library, right-click [USA] Mario Kart 8 and click [+] Update -> 64 to begin downloading the Updates / Patch Content. These updates will unlock a bunch of stuff in the game. To see the downloading progress, either go to Control Panel and look at the bottom of the window, or click on Log to see everything.

Name:	Right-Click.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	56,1 KB 
ID:	394

G) When you click on [+] Update -> 64, you will see a dialog box similar to this one:

Name:	Dialog Box.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	18,8 KB 
ID:	395

H) Click "Yes" and then go to your Log to view the downloading progress:

Name:	Progress.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	122,4 KB 
ID:	396

I) When it finishes, it will decrypt the content and then say finished. These Patches unlock stuff in the game so you won't have to. You should only need to download the highest Update version as it contains every update up to that point. You can also download DLC Content the same way. Just make sure to download [+] DLC and not [-] DLC as this will remove any DLC Content. Done.

Where to Put Game Saves in Cemu 1.12.0d

As for your saves not working, try this. I wrote this up yesterday. I hope it helps.

"Hello. I've pretty much figured it out. I have the USA version of Mario Kart 8 [AMKE01] and Cemu 1.12.0d. First let’s see how to tell which folders hold the game save for your game. Let’s use Mario Kart 8 [AMKE01][USA] as an example. Boot up the game and look at the top of the game window.

Name:	MK8 TitleID.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	9,1 KB 
ID:	392

You’ll see ShaderCache: 9708a1d3. This folder goes into mlc01/emulatorSave/9708a1d3/ and this is where your game saves are kept but this method isn’t compatible with Cemu 1.12.0d. Instead, let’s use a method that works.

At the top of the game screen, you should also see TitleID: 00050000-1010ec00. This is where game saves are kept for Mario Kart 8 [AMKE01][USA]. To get to these folders, navigate to: mlc01/usr/save/00050000/1010ec00/. And you should see 80000001, common, meta, and usr folders.

As far as I know, game saves for Cemu come in at least 3 different formats.

Note: Some games (such as Smash Bros.) may only have a meta and usr folder in mlc01/usr/save/. This s fine. Just put the save game files in the usr folder.

1. You've got the c and u folders where the c folder is blank while the u folder has a file called userdata.dat. To make these work, navigate to: mlc01/usr/save/00050000/1010ec00/ and paste userdata.dat into the 80000001 folder. Now, go back one page and go down to usr and paste userdata.dat into the 80000001 folder. Done.

2. You've got the c and u folders where the c folder has the files:

replay
    save_data
    stage_edit
    texture

And the u folder has the files:

amiibo
    info
    news
    save_data

In this case, navigate to: mlc01/usr/save/00050000/1010ec00/ and paste the contents of the c folder into the common folder and paste the contents of the u folder into the 80000001 folder. Now, go back one page and go down to usr and repeat the same process. Done.

3. You've got a 80000001 and a common folder. First check to see which folder has the most files. If the 80000001 has the most files out of the two, then navigate to: mlc01/usr/save/00050000/1010ec00/ and paste those files into the 80000001 folder. Then go back to usr and paste them into 80000001. If the common folder has the most files, then navigate to: mlc01/usr/save/00050000/1010ec00/ and paste those into common. Then go back to usr and paste those files into common. Done."
    Last edited by Hotsuma9; 31.05.2018 at 22:12.

New user
    With the aid of a game save plus patch updates and DLC content, you can get just about everything.

Name:	Kart - All Chars.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	325,2 KB 
ID:	397Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kart - All Cups.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	361,0 KB 
ID:	398Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Smash - All Characters.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	304,5 KB 
ID:	399
    Last edited by Hotsuma9; 31.05.2018 at 19:08.