Close

Mario Kart 8 Flicker in 4-player multiplayer mode

Single player, no problems.

When playing with 4 players split screen/4 quadrants, the left 2 flicker. Almost looks like the karts/characters switch quickly back and forth.

I've been searching for something similar and found something about an alternating frame being displayed every other frame. The discussion was about displaying 30FPS instead of 60FPS.

FYI, my system is not very high-powered but even the 4 player seems to be playing OK, just that this flickering is happening.

Any thoughts or ideas to address this? For now, I just don't play the 4-player.

Maybe I'll post a video. I have to figure out the best way to capture it.

To make this a little clearer, I see 4 quadrants, one for each player. I'm not sure which player is mapped to each quadrant but if player 1 is top left, 2 is top right, 3 is bottom right and 4 is bottom left as in:

1 2
    4 3

What I see is players 2 and 3 are steady but the images for players 1 and 4 quadrants seem to swap quickly. You can make out the player characters properly and they seem to be moving properly/independently but the image is being swapped.

Should this be in the Game Related Discussion forum? If so, can an admin/mod please move it...

Thanks