Close

Which is the best CPU for CEMU for my new Mini-ATX?

Hi

i would like to buy a a mini-pc (mini-itx) to connect it to my tv fullHD for retrogaming.
    Is CEMU supported in the same way both from Intel i5/i7 and AMD Ryzen 2600X/2700X?
    I would like to buy an AMD Ryzen 2600X, cheaper and with really good performance. Or is it better to buy and Intel processor because it has a better compatibility with CEMU?

I will buy a motherboard like Gigabyte B360N or AsRock AB350 Gaming ITX/AC AMD AM4. And the GPU will be a ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Mini ZT-P10600A

what do you suggest?

thanks

It's a subjective matter because it depends on budgets and personal desires. In general Cemu can use at least (but also at most) 4 full cores (not 2cores/4threads), the fastest per-Core performance is on latest Intels but Ryzen or later AMD CPUs are not far behind and notice that CPU cache size also plays a small role in per-core performance (so CPUs of more cores often beat lower-end CPUs even if not all cores are used).
    Last edited by epigramx; 06.08.2018 at 10:26.
    Author of WiimoteHook; co-author of Static FPS mods, author of guides to game assembly patching , compiling mesa and high-res screenshots

ah ok. So the i5 8600K that has 6 cores and 6 threads, is enough i think. The Ryzen 2600X is a little cheaper and has 6 cores and 12 threads...i don't know if it is better or not than i5 8600K. I chekced the benckmark here: http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare...00K/3956vs3941
    what do you think?

thanks

On the same frequency, Ryzen is similar to an Intel per core, but Intel usually goes to higher frequencies. Mainly look into single core performance because in most cases Cemu can't use effectively more than 3 to 4 cores.
    Last edited by epigramx; 05.08.2018 at 16:49.
    Author of WiimoteHook; co-author of Static FPS mods, author of guides to game assembly patching , compiling mesa and high-res screenshots

I chekced the Single Thread Performance here: https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html
    Intel i5 8600K is really better thant Ryzen 5 2600X: 2.520 vs 2.142

So its' better to buy an Intel even if it has 6 threads i think, are you agree?