Close

Ryzen 2400GE or Intel NUC powerful enough?

I've been using a Haswell Intel NUC as a small, passively cooled Emulation machine. However, I'd now add WiiU emulation to the mix and I guess that my existing hardware just doesn't cut it anymore.

The NUC comes with a Intel Core i3-4010U @ 1.70GHz (Passmark scores), 8GB of RAM and an Intel HD Graphics 4400.

My goal would be to be able to run the following titles in 720p or preferably 1080p:

• Super Mario 3D World
    • New Super Mario Bros U
    • Captain Toard Treasure Tracker
    • Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
    • TLoZ: The Wind Waker HD

Would a title like TLOZ: BOTW be more demanding?

What kind of (small & quiet) system would I need as a baseline when using an integrated GPU?

Any recommendations on one of the newer i3 or i5 NUCs? Or how about a small mini-itx system with the new low-TPD AMD Ryzen 5 2400GE chips?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	121,4 KB 
ID:	470
    Last edited by TOMillr; 19.08.2018 at 20:27.

Super-Moderator
    Intel hd graphics 4400 isn’t enough for cemu.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalphenos View Post
    Intel hd graphics 4400 isn’t enough for cemu.
    Thanks for getting back to me.

I was aware that my existing Intel HD Graphics 4400 wouldn't cut it. That's why I have been looking into buying a new system.

Would an Intel Iris Plus 655 or a Vega 11 be a useable alternative?

Super-Moderator
    Ok. I misread you. I thought the nuc you wanted was going to have the 4400.

I’ve seen some people complain about the iris graphics in the past but I’ve no direct experience with them. If you want botw to run I would suggest anything other than intel. The hd 5 and 6 hundred do all right in cemu but not really good. Vega does pretty good with cemu but there are issues with mk8.

Between the two I would go with the amd apu and run Linux with Mesa 18.2 minimum.