Close

yuzu is overshadowing cemu, is it time for cemu to be open source?

yuzu is on fire right now just like cemu did last year and i think yuzu will overshadow the next releases of cemu because

1. yuzu is open source, cemu is freemium
    2. we all know that many wii u games have upgraded version on the switch
    3. Mario Odyssey is currently goes ingame despite the early stages of the emulator
    4. Nintendo will no longer make Wii U games, while switch is the main focus of nintendo right now
    5. yuzu doesnt need plugin
    6. new and exciting build(s) of yuzu is released daily
    7. yuzu and ryujinx are teaming up to make an emulator while cemu is the only wii u emulator
    8. yuzu doesnt need shader cache
    9. the yuzu devs fix mario odyssey faster than cemu fixing the new texture cache
    10. basically yuzu devs doesnt need money to motivate them to develop and fix the emulator

sorry cemu devs but in my opinion this are the reasons that yuzu will overshadow cemu in the future

Is it a Wii U emulator? It's apples and oranges if it isn't.
    Also, will you find them a new job if it's open sourced?
    Author of WiimoteHook; co-author of Static FPS mods, author of guides to game assembly patching , compiling mesa and high-res screenshots

im just saying, i dont mean to offend anyone

Quote Originally Posted by sentrige View Post
    im just saying, i dont mean to offend anyone
    I wasn't offended, unless you find it offensive that someone questions your logic.
    Author of WiimoteHook; co-author of Static FPS mods, author of guides to game assembly patching , compiling mesa and high-res screenshots

New user
    Okay, I understand this is "your opinion" but you're pretty much basing it all on something without any proof or facts at all, this looks more like a thread you made specifically for the developers of Cemu to read, not the public.

1. yuzu is open source, cemu is freemium
    Is it, actually? Sure, there is Patreon-exclusive releases, which will then become "stable" builds and be released to the public. Although every stable release is first given to Patreon members, then a week passes and it's for the public.
    We non-patreons theoretically get more stable releases.
    And besides, it's virtually illegal to sell an emulator, Nintendo once completely broke down a multi-emulator for being commercially available.

2. we all know that many wii u games have upgraded version on the switch
    Which, exactly? You're simply pigeon-holing on this one.

3. Mario Odyssey is currently goes ingame despite the early stages of the emulator
    Is it stable? Is it playable? Is it perfect?

Compared to Cemu, that's only one game and the game itself isn't even playable in its current stages. Cemu has plenty of games already playable, despite still being in experimental stages.
    Of course, this isn't against the Yuzu devs' credit, it's great what they are doing and it is impressive how they reached at that stage for a rather new, modern console.

4. Nintendo will no longer make Wii U games, while switch is the main focus of nintendo right now
    First, this actually means nothing, there are a lot of emulators which turned "stable" after the consoles were made out-of-market.
    With Wii U out of the market, that is no games being developed for it, the Cemu developers will no longer have to worry about new games being added, they'll spend more time on current games, making all the current games stable faster.

5. yuzu doesnt need plugin
    Yet again, another thing that doesn't really matter.
    Besides, tell that to Project64 and pretty much many other emulators.

6. new and exciting build(s) of yuzu is released daily
    That is how they work, Cemu devs work differently.

And don't forget that Yuzu developers are also part of Citra, which also gets near-daily releases.
    But to be honest, none of them are "exciting", it only is for Yuzu knowing how there is no stable Switch emulator yet, so any progress done on the Switch emulators is already very impressive.

7. yuzu and ryujinx are teaming up to make an emulator while cemu is the only wii u emulator
    But are there even any other parties willing to work on the Wii U? Dolphin rejected to work with the Wii U.

It's not actually bad to have only one choice for an emulator, especially when you consider Dolphin, which is incredibly good, truly the very best emulator I have ever seen.

Although you could say that, considering Cemu pretty much has no "competitor" or "help", well...Sensitive subjective matter that I don't want to dwell in for now, I remain prudent.

8. yuzu doesnt need shader cache
    This is simply an "emulator differences" statement.
    Also, it's too early to know if Yuzu needs a "shader cache" or not. I'm very sure in the future it will need it, but how will it be used? We'll wait and see.

9. the yuzu devs fix mario odyssey faster than cemu fixing the new texture cache
    For once, I agree. But I disagree with you saying that Yuzu devs are "fixing" Mario Odyssey. They're not fixing it, they're working on it to make it the first Yuzu game being able to be AT LEAST played, not perfect but playable.
    Actually, considering what I said; the Cemu devs are trying to fix the texture cache while the Yuzu developers are working on making Odyssey playable. Two different concepts...It means I disagree with you.

10. basically yuzu devs doesnt need money to motivate them to develop and fix the emulator
    But it helps wonders. I'm sure Yuzu will have a Patreon of itself, just like Citra.
    Don't forget that Patreons are optional, just because they exist doesn't mean the devs are greedy or so. Besides, as a Citra article says, all the developers were skeptical about the Patreon not because of "good will of no cash", but because of how money would be distributed.

Looking at Cemu Patreon, a lot of people seem to want a good Wii U emulator, if 50% of those Patreons are disappointed, they'll lose a lot of that donation.

sorry cemu devs but in my opinion this are the reasons that yuzu will overshadow cemu in the future
    It won't, there are still some games that are Wii U exclusive, there are people who prefer a game in Wii U than in any other console (let's say somebody prefers Hyrule Warriors over Hyrule Warriors Legends) and there are people who prefer the design, UI and function of Cemu than Yuzu or Dolphin and so on.

Emulators are NEVER "overshadowed", unless we're talking about other consoles, such as Nintendo 64, where Project64 lost a lot of its credentials for putting ads in their installers, everybody switched to MupeN64 even though it was a bit harder to install and configure.

All I hope is that the Cemu developers don't lose their own credential and get corrupted by greed from their very own donators.
    I also hope for the very best that the donators know what they are doing, with that amount of donation they are giving, they should have a full privilege of complaining any time and demanding whatever they want as long as it's in the logical boundaries.

hyrule warriors definitive edition
    mario kart 8 deluxe
    captain toad treasure tracker
    donkey kong tropical freeze
    pokken tournament DX
    rayman legends definitive edition
    bayonetta 1,2 and soon 3

yuzu is only less than a year old so basically games are not that compatible

i said yuzu will overshadow cemu SOON not at this current time.

Super-Moderator
    i said yuzu will overshadow cemu SOON not at this current time.
    Learn to edit a post. Triple posting was not necessary.

Edit: And you titled your post "yuzu is overshadowing" so you said both.