Close

Which one of these 2 GPUs is better

Which one of these is better in general and specifically for CEMU:

NVidia Quadro K2100M
    NVidia GTX 965M

From what I've been able to determine, the K2100M may be slightly faster...maybe 10%...for 2D and the 965M is about 250% faster for 3D. This was according to the passmark site comparison. The K2100M also has 2GB of memory and the 965M has 4GB of memory.

I would think the 965M would be better, especially for things like BOTW.

Thanks!

Well, I was able to try it out with both cards. The 965m is definitely better. Smoother graphics and usually 20fps while the other can get up to 20fps but drops down many times and seems to jump/stutter while the 965m doesn't. The 965m seems to run cooler as well, for some reason.

FYI, I'm running CEMU on an HP ZBook G2 laptop with an i7-4910mq CPU and 16GB of memory.

The only problem that I have with the 965m is that for some reason it won't display on an external monitor/tv...specifically, the notebook doesn't detect the external monitor. The K2100m did, though. The HP has both an integrated Intel HD 4600 and the BIOS allows to specify that both are active or only the discrete non-integrated graphics 965m is used. When I only have the K2100m active, the external monitor works properly but with the 965m, when I set the BIOS to only have it active, the notebook only shows a black screen. Damn. Trying to see if updating the drivers and/or bios has any effect.