Close

New user

Cannot play newer Cemu at good performance

I've followed many guides on setting up Cemu and I've even tried different Cemu version but I cannot seem to play games at good FPS. My FPS is commonly in the 20-24 when trying any Cemu versions that are newer than 1.11.3. Currently I'm still using version 1.11.3 and I get good FPS 45-60. I've tried following this guide and many other guides on this channel on setting up new Cemu versions but I always get the same results being at 20-24 FPS.

I even did a copy of my settings from version 1.11.3 to newer Cemus but the issue still appears. I don't think it's a problem with my hardware such as my CPU and GPU, however I do use Windows 7, I'm not sure maybe something happened to Windows 7 compatibility with Cemu because I see mostly everyone who uses Cemu on Windows 10. Does anybody know anything I can try that isn't in these youtube guides that I can try to fix my issue?
    Last edited by Xalphenos; 15.10.2018 at 01:43. Reason: Links to piracy

Even though you don't think it's your hardware, the more info you give the better. Please provide your hardware info, & what games you're trying to run. Also, you said you tried a bunch of stuff, but haven't explained what you've really done. Please provide more detailed info

New user
    I'm trying to play BOTW. The bunch of stuff I've tried are the graphics packs such as FPS++, Upscale Filer to Bilinear, GPU Buffer Accuracy to min/low, CPU affinity to all logical cores, CPU Mode to Dual and Single core, MM Timer Accuracy to 1ms, Custom Timer to QPC 1x speed, and I've edited the game profile. My GPU is a GTX 1080, CPU i5-9600K, Windows 7 64 bit, 24 GB of RAM. But still it doesn't make sense, all the guides repeat pretty much this same setup and I did the same setup on the new Cemus but the FPS is bad. But on the older version I use, 1.11.3 it works good without issues. This is why I don't believe it's my hardware it's something to do with Cemu.

Super-Moderator
    Derek most of bsod's videos link to a game downloading tutorial. The one you linked does as well. I just confirmed. Until this practice stops do not link to bsod videos here. We do not support or condone piracy.

Also you should upload your log.txt here when seeking help. It is a requirement.
    Last edited by Xalphenos; 15.10.2018 at 01:47.

New user
    Are there any guides online that are supported by Cemu, like something offical? Maybe that's why I'm having issues because I'm following this bsod guys guides and it's just full of false information. Looking up anything about Cemu or BOTW Cemu just comes up these trash guides by the bsod guy. I own a copy of the game, if needed I can provide a picture, sorry about linking to that guide, I just skipped to the parts where he was setting up Cemu.
    Last edited by Derek; 15.10.2018 at 03:27.

Super-Moderator
    I'm not saying that bsod's guides are trash or full of misinformation. I've never watched a whole one because I've never really felt i needed a guide. But from what I hear his guides are actually pretty good. That said he is fine with providing information on how to pirate games. We are not.

There is an official setup guide endorsed by the cemu team. It's old school text though so may not be everyone's cup of tea.

Like I said though post your log.txt after running botw. It is a requirement of this forum when seeking help. Many things can cause performance issues. Posting your log.txt can at the very least rule several of the simpler ones out without us going back and forth on a forum trying to make sure it isn't one of them.
    Last edited by Xalphenos; 15.10.2018 at 09:07.