Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Compiling cached shaders takes very long

The first time it compiled the shaders it took like almost an hour. Now it loads up to 46% in about 10 seconds, then slows waay down and the rest takes about 20 minutes plus. I have tried backing up the cache in the GLcache folder and then copying and pasting it back but that doesn't seem to do anything. Still loads to 46% fast, then slows painfully down. This is frustrating as im still trying to get the game to run at a stable 30fps, and having to restart the game to change setting is extremely irritating. Anything I might be missing? Thanks.

AMD FX-8370 4.3 Ghz
    16 Gb Ram
    Radeon Rx 550 4 GB
    Last edited by SkyPilot; 21.10.2018 at 00:28.

Super-Moderator
    Are you using cemu 1.12.0?

Hi, yes I am and i fixed the problem. It had to do with my dual monitors. I was opening the game then switching to my second monitor, if I just start the game on the monitor I want to use it loads fast. Weird, but it loads fast now. Thanks for the reply.

Not getting a consistent 30 fps but I do believe that if i upgrade my graphics card it will go faster. I plan on getting a Sapphire Radeon NITRO RX 580 8GB.

New user
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyPilot View Post
    Not getting a consistent 30 fps but I do believe that if i upgrade my graphics card it will go faster. I plan on getting a Sapphire Radeon NITRO RX 580 8GB.
    Before you do that you should probably know AMD GPU have a slight issue on Cemu with stuttering. Has to do with openGL support of AMD or lack thereof. It isn't impossible to work around, but something to consider

I have an amd GPU right now, besides the low FPS (16-18 fps when in towns or outside, 30 in dungeons and stuff.) I haven't had any issues with stuttering thankfully. Its pretty darn playable as of right now, but would like to play it with better FPS.

New user
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyPilot View Post
    I have an amd GPU right now, besides the low FPS (16-18 fps when in towns or outside, 30 in dungeons and stuff.) I haven't had any issues with stuttering thankfully. Its pretty darn playable as of right now, but would like to play it with better FPS.
    Well, I have a GTX 970 which is also 4gb. I also have an 8350 that was clocked at 4.2mhz at this time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEdK1iklflA
    Hardly would it ever dip below 30. In fact, I don't think I can remember a time it ever dipped below 30; can't say the same for 1.13.1.
    I'd suggest updating to 1.13.2. If you still get 16-18fps under any circumstance it has to do with your GPU, not your CPU

Hi yes, I upgraded my graphics card and im still getting framerates in the 16-20 range, so I'm thinking its my settings. I followed a tutorial to get started but I may still need to tweak some settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

I upgraded to an rx 580 8 GB, my cpu is 8370 clocked at 4.3, and I have 16 GB of ram, that should be enough to run it at least at 30 FPS if not more right? Keep in mind I'm not experience stuttering, just frame rate is low. Also I have the necessary graphics packs, cemuhook and everything I need to get this game running faster. Maybe there are some tweaks or settings I'm missing.
    Last edited by SkyPilot; 09.11.2018 at 20:24.

Super-Moderator
    Post your log.txt