Close

[BEFORE POSTING] Please attach the log.txt file when posting support threads

It helps to identify the majority of problems in seconds. The file is found next to Cemu.exe. The file is proper after a game has run or crashed, not after you rerun Cemu because it gets recreated.

You can either

• Attach it with the "Manage Attachments" feature of a forum post, or
    • Use pastebin or a similar service, e.g. https://pastebin.com/, or
    • Simply copy and paste it in the post, preferably wrapped

PS. If your problem is too abstract in nature, it can be avoided but you may be surprised at how many times people think "I know my settings" or "I know my problem is too general" but their log.txt says otherwise.
    Last edited by epigramx; 05.12.2018 at 09:29.
    Author of WiimoteHook; co-author of Static FPS mods, author of guides to game assembly patching , compiling mesa and high-res screenshots

Privacy and log.txt:

The only "personal" part of a log.txt file is folder names that might also include your windows username if you've put it at a path that includes it. If you think that's too personal to post you can just edit it out.

Most of the time paths are irrelevant in troubleshooting, though it's preferable to avoid keeping Cemu on the Desktop because the default settings of Windows Search might be slowing it down.
    Author of WiimoteHook; co-author of Static FPS mods, author of guides to game assembly patching , compiling mesa and high-res screenshots