Close

Exclamation mark Native Classic Controller (Pro) Support

Dear Sir/Madam of Cemu Emulator,

My name is Kevin Crans, I got my Classic Controller Pro last summer and would like to play a few Wii U games with it on Cemu Emulator.

Connecting my Wiimote trough Dolphin (Instead of Cemuhook) would work just fine with Cemu via the same Wiimote Conroller API option, the Nunchuck also works and that's awesome.

But when I connect my Classic Controller Pro to the Wiimote, the Wiimote is still working fine, but mapping my Classic Controller Pro to Emulated Wiimote buttons, does not get registered by the input Settings and it'll just wait further for a button to be pressed.

I also can't find the settings for Classic Controller emulation, however there is a "Wii U" - Classic Controller option.

(While I don't know whether that's the Classic Controller, the Wii U GameCube-like controllers or the unrelated Wii Classic CON Port on the Wii U Cat-Dev Kit),

the Wiimote Emulate Controller setting next to "Nunchuck" would be more suited for Wiimote Extension mappings.

I also think it's neither logical to use Extensions check-boxes nor radio-buttons to specify which controller is attached, but rather have the Wii U emulation check for itself, so the Nunchuck with Classic Controller buttons next to it, are settable (and savable) anytime without graying out on unchecked.

To summarize the things I kindly request to be changed:

1. The Classic Controller is detected on the same way the Nunchuck is,

2. The Classic Controller button mappings are in the Wiimote Emulate Controller option on the same way Nunchuck is,

3. (Instead of a Classic Controller check-box or Extensions radio-button replacement solution)
    The Nunchuck check-box will be removed making the Nunchuck mappings always able to be set and saved without graying out, for the Classic Controller as well.

4. Cemu Emulator in Cooperation with the Wiimote will determine for there selves which extension is connected, since the Nunchuck an Classic Controller can't be plugged in the same time anyway.

Even though my message and compiled list of things I love to see in the next versions of Cemu Emulator is quite long,

I hope my ideas seem reasonable and would appreciate it when the idea will be put in consideration by the developers.

I want to thank you guys for your attention a lot and hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Kevin Crans
    Last edited by kevincrans; 20.11.2018 at 14:05.

Thank you for supporting this, I read this in the change-log, so I have to test this out yet, but Thank you very much in advance!
    Last edited by kevincrans; 22.01.2019 at 12:17.
    An Unreal Gamedeveloper.

Quote Originally Posted by kevincrans View Post
    Thank you for supporting this, I read this in the change-log, so I have to test this out yet, but Thank you very much in advance!
    Hey, I don't have a clue on how to resolve your issue but just wanted to let you know that the Cemu reddit is much more active than the forums. You might be able to get more help there. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManuel View Post
    Hey, I don't have a clue on how to resolve your issue but just wanted to let you know that the Cemu reddit is much more active than the forums. You might be able to get more help there. Good luck.
    Discord is best.
    Author of WiimoteHook; co-author of Static FPS mods, author of guides to game assembly patching , compiling mesa and high-res screenshots

Dear TheManuel,

That's probably because I had a registering issue.

If you select an invalid user who referred you to this forum, you get an error, go back and remove the user you entered, than try to sign up again, you will get an error message again, so you should start over. this is a bug.

Thank you for pointing me to the reddit, because I didn't had a clue where to go, lol.

But I would consider Discord more as a fast messaging service, but thanks for showing that that's also popular for reporting issues, I may give it a try.

What this issue concerns, the latest update I tried, which is pretty recent, still hasn't fixed this issue though.

Thank you for your very useful information and I'll see you there then.

Sincerely,

Kevin Crans
    An Unreal Gamedeveloper.

Oh, nevermind registering has been disabled anyway.

I don't really think a social news blog or chatting service would be a good replacement for a Forum though.

Dropping Forum Support seems the stupidest thing never done before at least in my point of view.

The developers probably don't like Bug Reports, do they?
    Last edited by kevincrans; 19.04.2019 at 17:33. Reason: actual definition
    An Unreal Gamedeveloper.