Close

Pentium G3240 with GTX 960

18 to 21 fps. Crazy how much better the game looks than on my Switch even with an old dual core processor and older video card. Nintendo is very bad at designing hardware.
    Last edited by sarscott; 25.11.2018 at 21:11.

performance now even better after update to 1.5.0 and recent shader cache. getting 21 fps more consistently whereas before I was more at 18 fps.

What the hell? Had the graphics pack set to 720p for better performance but thought to try 1080p and fps went to 25.to 30?!?!?!

Odd things tend to happen in the world of emulation. I assume by doing this you transferred more of the load to the GPU and as such your framerate increased. Just a theory.

Quote Originally Posted by sarscott View Post
    What the hell? Had the graphics pack set to 720p for better performance but thought to try 1080p and fps went to 25.to 30?!?!?!
    The game is complex and different scenes have different loads. To do a controlled test, enter a shrine, don't move Link at all and retest the exact same on the other pack.

PS. I imply out of Shrines there is also weather so when testing outside make sure the weather is same. It may also have random events.
    Author of WiimoteHook; co-author of Static FPS mods, author of guides to game assembly patching , compiling mesa and high-res screenshots