Close

New pc gaming for emualtors: which is the best cpu/gpu?

Hi

i would like to buy a mini-itx in order to use it with my tv fullHD 46" with all the emualtors, CEMU included. Do you think that this could be ok in order to play CEMU with its best performance adn effects at maximum level? is it better i7 8700 or Ryzen 2700X?

CASE
    Silverstone SST-RVZ03
    CPU
    i7 8700 or Ryzen 2700X ?
    MOTHERBOARD
    ASROCK H370M-ITX/AC or AsRock B360M-ITX/AC ?
    RAM
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2666Mhz
    GPU
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Mini
    PSU
    550W Enermax Revolution SFX 80+ Gold
    HDD
    Hard Disk 2,5 2TB Western Digital Blue 128MB
    SDD
    SSD 250GB Samsung 860 Evo Sata III

Do you think that with this pc i will be able to play CEMU with top performance also with a 4K tv if i will set the output of the emualtor to 1080p instead of 4k? I think that if i want to play it at 4K with maximum effect i need a more powerful pc...

thanks
    Last edited by legolas119; 01.12.2018 at 00:50.

Windows 7 (x64) or above
    OpenGL 4.1 minimum (4.6 is used if available)
    RAM: 4 GB minimum, 8 GB or more recommended
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 X64 Redistributable: vc_redist.x64.exe
    These are the minimum reqs.

Since you just said two LGA 1151 motherboards I assume you're going with intel. 2700x in my opinion has more applications, but single core performance goes to the intel. If you're looking to play at 4k, presumably at 30fps like the switch or wii u I think a 1070 will get you where you're going. Just not very familiar with the performance of the mini. Look up benchmarks of the card you're looking at, look at youtube for people playing Cemu with the components you want to go with. Can't go wrong there.
    8gb should be plenty for the emulator

yes, i thinnk that an i7 8700 could be better than a Ryzen 2700X, am I right? I'm speaking about emulation in particular...or not?

thanks

Well yes, for emulation maybe. But 2700x has much better multicore performance if you have any kind of workflow or multitask a lot. Problem is I've never seen an 8700, only the 8700k. I know an 8700k will get you 4k at least 30fps no problem, but I couldn't tell you confidently of the 8700 even though they should technically be within a stones throw in performance

well, i don't have currently a 4K tv so i think that this pc could use CEMU emulation at its best performance, isn't it?
    If i will use in the future a 4K new tv, i don't know if this pc can run CEMU in 4K at ist best performance..

I think it will. You can test 4k internal textures on any monitor/tv you have by selecting the 4k graphics packs. Should give you a good idea of how well it will perform if you get a 4k tv

ah ok i can test it even if i don't have yet a 4k tv simply choosing the 4K options in the emulators, good!

Quote Originally Posted by legolas119 View Post
    ah ok i can test it even if i don't have yet a 4k tv simply choosing the 4K options in the emulators, good!
    You get benefits on a 1080p (or other lower than 4K) monitor if you use 4K on Cemu. That is because it effectively does supersampling antialiasing which is the best quality antialiasing method that exists.

What supersampling antialiasing does is to first render normally at very high resolution and then scale down to the monitor. That is effectively identical to Cemu rendering at 4K textures.

For proof and explanation see the guide and its "PS." from my signature: http://forum.cemu.info/showthread.php/79.
    Last edited by epigramx; 06.12.2018 at 07:36.
    Author of WiimoteHook; co-author of Static FPS mods, author of guides to game assembly patching , compiling mesa and high-res screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    You get benefits on a 1080p (or other lower than 4K) monitor if you use 4K on Cemu. That is because it effectively does supersampling antialiasing which is the best quality antialiasing method that exists.

What supersampling antialiasing does is to first render normally at very high resolution and then scale down to the monitor. That is effectively identical to Cemu rendering at 4K textures.

For proof and explanation see the guide and its "PS." from my signature: http://forum.cemu.info/showthread.php/79.
    ah ok, many thanks!