Close

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    I got my hands for the first time on an actual discrete MotionPlus extension (as opposed to a Remote Plus). However, since I'm not sure if it's a genuine Nintendo device this time, can anyone confirm that the axes act in reverse/wrongly with the discrete extension or not?

(I refer to the gyroscope axes when testing in PadTest).

update: Dolphin's bluetooth passthrough seems to work fine with this extension; so I guess discrete extensions calibrate slightly differently.

update: The Linux kernel driver prints that wrongly/nonsensical too. No hints from there.
    Last edited by epigramx; 27.01.2018 at 18:20.

Motionplus Joystick

Any chance that for the Motionplus joystick, you could add an option to make it act more like the IR joystick? What I mean is that the joystick stays in the relative location to how the remote is tilted, so the joystick would move to the position you tilt to, and it would stay there as long as you keep it tilted there. I'm asking for this because I want to use this progam to play on Dolphin's NetPlay with a real Wiimote binded to an emulated one through WiimoteHook (Everything but tilt works).

any idea how to fix drifting? i have my wii mote complelty still and its moving onscreen, also the actions i do with the remote dont seem to match what should be happening onscreen

Quote Originally Posted by Dankrushen View Post
    Any chance that for the Motionplus joystick, you could add an option to make it act more like the IR joystick? What I mean is that the joystick stays in the relative location to how the remote is tilted, so the joystick would move to the position you tilt to, and it would stay there as long as you keep it tilted there. I'm asking for this because I want to use this progam to play on Dolphin's NetPlay with a real Wiimote binded to an emulated one through WiimoteHook (Everything but tilt works).
    It's kinda boring developing that since I find that feature sketchy since MotionPlus can be moved accidentally and sticks prefer stability, but, I may look into it. Figuring out the algorithm to do it is kinda tricky because gyroscopes return to stasis and they tend to be jumpy a little but it can't be too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball250 View Post
    any idea how to fix drifting? i have my wii mote complelty still and its moving onscreen, also the actions i do with the remote dont seem to match what should be happening onscreen
    About drifting, just calibrate it with pressing "C" in the application when the remote is on a standstill; or keep it still during calibration when it starts.

Regarding actions not matching, do you have a discrete MotionPlus extension connected to an original remote by any chance?

Alternatively, when the application starts, does it detect a MotionPlus remote with the 0x0306 ID instead of 0x0330?

I'm asking because I recently figured (see my previous reply here) that discrete MP may report data differently. I'm not aware of any software that has reverse engineered the calibration data of MP fully so it might be depended on that.

Is the basic issue that when, for instance, you turn the remote to the left, PadTest may show the model turning to the right? Because that's what I'm seeing.

I could fix that easily if it's going to be hardcoded, but I'd like at least to know which combinations of hardware exactly need it.

For both of the above requests/issues I might have software updates soon but not yet.

For MP movements not matching direction, I'd like more reports of hardware IDs.
    Last edited by epigramx; 27.01.2018 at 18:21.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (6).png 
Views:	57 
Size:	38,2 KB 
ID:	238 heres my set up for my wii mote, i have the golden wii remote with motionplus that came with skyward sword

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball250 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (6).png 
Views:	57 
Size:	38,2 KB 
ID:	238 heres my set up for my wii mote, i have the golden wii remote with motionplus that came with skyward sword
    Right, the special Zelda remote has the 0x0306 ID (same with the original Remote, instead of 0x0330) which was a well known fact from previous reports (possibly also the Luigi one has similar behavior). For the time being I will treat ALL 0x0306-based MotionPlus hardware to have its axes inverted; this seems to return motion behavior to normal, on my 0x0306 remote + discrete MP extension at least.

The first post is updated with that change

PS. However, I have also added a new .config-file key called "DoNotInvertMotionPlusAxesOnLegacyRemotes" with a value that defaults to "No" and if it's set to "Yes" it will return the previous behavior in case - and it's likely - that a Wiimote does not behave that way. Ideally this should be handled by fully reverse engineering the static MP calibration data but I'm not aware of any software that does that other than with low level emulation of Wii games which is unhelpful directly. If we're lucky it's not a big deal and the mainly different thing Wii/Wii U games do is to just check if it's a 0x306 remote which I do already. Non default behavior of that sort is also printed in yellow in console:

PPS. Possible issues: I see some inaccuracy in scaling compared to the genuine and new Remote Plus but I can't be certain if this sketchy hardware is to blame. There is also difficulty to make it work with a Nunchuk at all; I 'm not certain if it's the quality of the MP extension to blame because other similar software also fails to use it. However, low level Wii emulation does use them both so it's most likely possible if eventually reverse engineered.

(Make sure to test it with PadTest (instructions on the first post) if the question regards motion not behaving accurately; we don't want to invert the motion axes if it's unnecessary)
    Last edited by epigramx; 17.01.2018 at 15:13.

The discrete MotionPlus extension should be now fully supported, including using a Nunchuk simultaneously at passthrough mode. If by any chance you get the motion axes inverted, use the relevant .config file option to revert that behavior but in that case please let me know of your remote ID (reported at the console) and if you have an all-in-one Remote Plus device or not so I can better support such hardware, if it exists.

The software is right now fully hardware type-agnostic in terms of enabling MotionPlus features with the exception of inverting the motion axes in the case of old hardware IDs, so let me know of any odd behavior regarding that.

A new version is found at the first post with that change.

PS. If a re-run of the software does not detect the discrete MP extension (and a Nunchuk if connected), then it might need a physical re-connection of the MP extension. This appears to be a limitation on the original Wii games too and it might affect the "Recheck for extensions" feature too.
    Last edited by epigramx; 19.01.2018 at 17:24.

The elusive bug regarding crashes when pressing M/O or D has been identified and fixed. The solution is not perfect yet, and it might have side effects but the true cause of it has been found. I would have found it sooner if I had a DolphinBar because it turns out it only appeared when DolphinBar exposes its bogus extra "Wiimotes" (it always exposes 4 devices even if only 1 is connected), a behavior which I partly simulated in order to debug it.

The solution has the good side-effect that no longer only 1 Wiimote is allowed by default, the default has gone up to 10, DolphinBar might work with multiple Wiimotes now, and in general invalid Wiimote HIDs should be handled better now, including using a DolphinBar + Standard adapter-Wiimotes simultaneously.

A negative is that the console is now more spammy and on standby while it enumerates bogus Wiimotes (on DolphinBars) but that can't be avoided entirely because there must be a process to discard those. It is also not fully tested so it might not be working as intended, but improvements may come easily.

The first post has been updated with that change

Past replies reporting issues related to this update:
    Quote Originally Posted by pilly9 View Post
    when I press O it crashes
    Quote Originally Posted by tensho View Post
    as long as I don't do M/O to change the orientation
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan-Boy View Post
    issues with getting 2 controllers to work with WiiMoteHook and Dolphin Bar:
    Let me know if this update fixed your issues and if it brought new ones.
    Last edited by epigramx; 22.01.2018 at 01:33.

I've not read the entire thread, so I apologise, but does this work with bluetooth passthrough too, or is it only for use with a dolphinbar or a regular bluetooth adapter?

Quote Originally Posted by StuartTheFish View Post
    I've not read the entire thread, so I apologise, but does this work with bluetooth passthrough too, or is it only for use with a dolphinbar or a regular bluetooth adapter?
    Bluetooth Passthrough is a feature possible in low level emulation of Wii games because they practically include a bluetooth driver themselves. Wii U games go through the OS of the Wii U and that is not possible, or at least not that easily, and Exzap believes you go with high level emulation in that case (instead of direct passthrough).

It's also relatively unrelated to this software since it's not restricted by Wii U emulation per se; it can be used as a general XInput or DS4 emulator; what it does provide uniquely to Cemu, is motion data through Cemuhook.

In practice, the main thing it lacks nowadays is for Cemu to provide an emulated Wiimote device in its Input settings so games that require a wiimote on the Wii U can boot properly.