Close

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Full motion support is progressing nicely though it's not uploaded yet because it needs to be fitted for the several orientation modes and ideally it should have simultaneous Nunchuk support (a new protocol has to be supported when they are used simultaneously). Also the discrete MP extension has not been tested yet because postal delays.

PS. The documentation and past implementations and interpretations of the Motion Plus data are very sketchy. For instance it took me a while to realize the constants often cited for the calculation of angular velocity are wrong in most implementations and the calibration data reported by the device are not publicly understood.
    Last edited by epigramx; 24.11.2017 at 12:47.

WiimoteHook now features Wii MotionPlus support

Bonuses:
    • Toshiba stack no longer needed for new Remotes
    • Nunchuk-Passthrough mode is supported

This is an gigantic release it terms of changes. This means it should be treated as alpha software for a little while, though I’ve done my best to not leave it too disruptive for most users and most use cases so it should be well behaved in most scenarios.

It includes full MotionPlus support for the Wii Remote Plus, which means not only the Remote Plus’ MP can be used in MotionPlus-exclusive mode but also Nunchuk-Passthrough mode is supported (or simply put, it allows using MotionPlus+Nunchuk simultaneously which required a new protocol to be supported). Using either MotionPlus or Nunchuk exclusively is slightly better latency than Passthrough mode so you can either set the “PassthroughMode” .config option accordingly or simply physically disconnect a relevant extension if applicable. The discrete MotionPlus extension has not been tested yet, however I’ve done my best to keep the software hardware-agnostic in terms of that but I will be surprised if it doesn’t have issues, at least when physically connecting it or re-connecting it on the fly.

At the same time, mainly because the new Remote Plus needed it, I’ve updated the method used to send data to the Wiimote HID device, and as a result, the newest genuine remotes work out of the box and no longer need the Toshiba stack to be installed (which can be a painful process) unless the Windows version is older than Windows 8. I don’t expect many issues arising because of that change but the send method can be adjusted with “SendMethod” in the .config which may help under certain exotic conditions. However, I now also automatically change the send method on the fly if the previous one failed so that should eliminate most problem cases related to Bluetooth stack versions and Windows versions.

Caveats/best practices:

• The software auto-calibrates for the gyroscope data a couple of seconds after MotionPlus is enabled (or a couple more if in Passthrough mode). However, it also includes a “Calibrate” option with pressing “C”. In both cases the remote should be on a standstill during calibration.
    • If MotionPlus hardware has been already enabled by the software, the remote no longer reports Extension switches which prevents hot-swapping a Nunchuk. However, I include a “Recheck Extensions” option for that by pressing “R” (alternatively, restart the software).
    • The discrete MotionPlus extension is fully untested and it might not work at all (all tests had been done with a new and genuine Remote Plus device (with the 0x0330 ID)) but attention has been paid to keep it device ID agnostic.

PS. Old version users: The default Orientation of motion and DPad has changed from WiiWheel to Aiming. You can change that either in the .config or on the fly with the M/O or D keys.

Find the new release in the first post
    Last edited by epigramx; 30.11.2017 at 02:50.

New user
    is the wiimote with motionplus compatible ?

New user
    and can many people use wiimote ?

Quote Originally Posted by tensho View Post
    is the wiimote with motionplus compatible ?
    That was just announced. The new genuine Remote Pluses are definitely supported (the ones with Device ID 0x0330 otherwise known as RVL-CNT-01-TR). The discrete extension for the old Remotes is not tested yet but I will test it at some point. Also the very first Remote Pluses that had a device ID of 0x0306 (the same with the vanilla Remote) aren't tested and the same goes with knock-off Remotes.

PS. A caveat is if one is on Windows 7 or older, the new Remote Plus devices require the Toshiba stack to be used
    and can many people use wiimote ?
    It allows multiple devices but it is not thoroughly tested. The maximum devices has to be changed from "1" in the .config (the "1" restriction there is because of a quirk in DolphinBar at mode 4 that erroneously reports 4 devices at all times but I haven't tested it myself and the behaviour could be different lately).
    Last edited by epigramx; 30.11.2017 at 00:51.

Fixed some Nunchuk analog sticks not working. They were erroneously reporting a max range of 0 for calibration cata. This is either a hardware fault with genuine or knockoff Nunchuks or there is a better way to ask for calibration so I will keep looking into it (though hardware quirks are most likely to blame since most Nunchuks with a certain ID usually worked while only a few with the same ID didn't).

update: It seems to be a regular hardware fault of newer Nunchuks though I've seen some new Type 2 Nunchuks working properly so it was not universal.

update2: Made it even more aggressive in not allowing bogus calibration data so it should catch all cases that particular fault occurs.
    Last edited by epigramx; 30.11.2017 at 14:28.

New user
    all right it's because you said on wiimote plus so i didnt know on the normal

all right it's because you said on wiimote plus so i didnt know on the normal
    I also know now that it works on the first Remote Pluses that had the 0x0306 ID (e.g. the genuine Luigi one). That makes it likely for the discrete extension to work before I test it.

Quote Originally Posted by DjPrizrak View Post
    Is it same without forcing the new send method, and does it happen every time?