Close

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StuartTheFish View Post
    Another quick question, are we expecting to see genuine gamepad support sometime?
    That's kinda off topic here. There seems to be some reverse engineering work done here but it hasn't progressed far because it seems to require certain WIFI adapters or/and most people don't care to use it.
    Author of WiimoteHook; co-author of Static FPS mods, author of guides to game assembly patching , compiling mesa and high-res screenshots

New user
    After that: Switch Pro controller Hook, ? (Please)

Quote Originally Posted by Matth' View Post
    After that: Switch Pro controller Hook, ? (Please)
    I don't have one currently so I can't even try. I'm interested in eventually getting Joy-Cons though.
    Author of WiimoteHook; co-author of Static FPS mods, author of guides to game assembly patching , compiling mesa and high-res screenshots

New user

WiiMote Hook fails

I just attempted to play MK8 split screen through Cemu using Xinput and Wiimote Hook. I set everything up as I would a 360, and assigned the emulated comtroller as a pro controller.

All neccesary controls have been set, and after pressing the first button, (typically '2'), all controls stop responding.

Am I doing anyhting wrong?

Sorry if this is in the wrong post, I just created the account to ask this question, thanks.

SFIC2

Quote Originally Posted by SFIC2 View Post
    I just attempted to play MK8 split screen through Cemu using Xinput and Wiimote Hook. I set everything up as I would a 360, and assigned the emulated comtroller as a pro controller.

All neccesary controls have been set, and after pressing the first button, (typically '2'), all controls stop responding.

Am I doing anyhting wrong?

Sorry if this is in the wrong post, I just created the account to ask this question, thanks.

SFIC2
    Hi, first of all, if you need motion out of this (for using it in "Wii Wheel" style), you'd want to set it us the first controller and as a "GamePad" in Cemu settings (see the full instructions in the first post here). In this particular game you may need to press Start in-game while in a race and choose "Motion Controls" in order to use it that way.

I'm not familiar with a similar issue to your second issue but I'd like to see first if doing that first helps.

Hey there! Thanks for all the hard work with the Dolphin bar! So far so good..

Just to provide some updates:

- [With Wiimotehook Closed] Dolphin Bar correctly syncs both wiimotes (LED 1 and 2 light up)
    - [Running Wiimotehook] Successfully detects first wiimote, then successfully detects second wiimore (Output attached), LED is still 1 and 2, Wiimotehook vibrates wiimote with LED 1 first and then wiimote with LED 2.
    - [Running CEMU 1.11.3] Setting up Input Settings, all working fine, able to configure Controller 1 and 2 as Wii U Pro Controller, except using the vibration on Controller 1 vibrates Controller 2 and vice versa.

Awesome work so far, huge thanks!

Attachment 275

Quote Originally Posted by Fan-Boy View Post
    vibration on Controller 1 vibrates Controller 2 and vice versa.
    Ah, perfect, thanks for the report; I should have tested it myself sooner. The issue was related to the method of dropping the bogus remotes of DolphinBar (DolphinBar always exposes 4 even if only 1 is connected) and it should now be fixed to enumerate the resultant working remotes properly.

The first post is updated with that fix.

As a bonus, the console should no longer garble the text while enumerating multiple wiimotes! Yeay..

It now basically waits for a wiimote's calibration/messaging to finish before the next one.

This is an important bug fix release if you use multiple wiimotes.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Ah, perfect, thanks for the report; I should have tested it myself sooner. The issue was related to the method of dropping the bogus remotes of DolphinBar (DolphinBar always exposes 4 even if only 1 is connected) and it should now be fixed to enumerate the resultant working remotes properly.

As a bonus, the console should no longer garble the text while enumerating multiple wiimotes! Yeay..

It now basically waits for a wiimote's calibration/messaging to finish before the next one.

This is an important bug fix release if you use multiple wiimotes.
    Amazing! Working perfectly now - smashing those bugs! Thanks man

The latest version adds the ability to change the motion server IP in the .config; that makes it easier to use a remote computer hosting the server on another computer using Cemu. It also makes it easier to use the software in a Virtual Machine running Windows for use with Cemu on Linux without having to fiddle with hacks or unnecessary extra port forwarding.

The first post is updated with that networking change.

PS. The .config text is updated to make that clearer

The latest version fixes a bug that most people never noticed but it plays a role for a smooth operation because it improves communication with the devices; connections should be transparently better now but if the version introduces quirks, let me know. At the same time the application migrated to x86 binaries to work easier on wine eventually, to work easier on remote hosts and for non-Cemu usage (that change should be also relatively transparent to the user). While we're at it let's make it not always report there is a Nunchuk present on vanilla remotes (that was only a printing issue, it had no other effect).

The first post is updated with this bug fixing and polishing version.
    Last edited by epigramx; 24.02.2018 at 13:44.