Close

Breath of the Wild will not run at a constant 60FPS

So I've been following the installation guides provided by ESoB gaming and the guy is a god damned wizard, however even though I've followed a number of his guides for Cemu and Breath of the Wild, I just can't seem to get his level of performance.

My game runs at a constant 37-40 FPS on the great Plateau (I have not tested off).

Why is this? I've tried every hack and everything from the low end guide provided by ESoB gaming and nothing is working.

My system specs:

Windows 10 x64
    i7 4770k 3.1 Ghz
    8 GB of DDR3 ram (1600)
    GTX 1060 6GB
    1TB HDD

Can someone please help me with this?

EDIT: I've also installed less shaders and it has helped performance quite a bit (6-10 fps) could it be the shaders?
    Last edited by Waffles1; 26.05.2018 at 22:24.

New user
    You mean BSOD gaming? He has a 4ghz plus cpu and 16 gb ram. Looking at your specs sounds about right to get 30 something fps.

Quote Originally Posted by swmas View Post
    You mean BSOD gaming? He has a 4ghz plus cpu and 16 gb ram. Looking at your specs sounds about right to get 30 something fps.
    lol I've literally been saying his name wrong this whole time.
    But yea him.

Okay, yea I was wondering if it could be my specs to, I just thought my CPU and GPU configuration would have been more than enough to acheive 60fps.

It's playable and runs at 60 in some places, so I guess it isn't a huge deal.

New user
    Get the 30 fps limiter from here and you should be golden https://forum.cemu.info/showthread.php/421

Oh and not even BSOD gets 60 fps with his beast rig
    Last edited by swmas; 26.05.2018 at 23:05.

That's an extremely low frequency for that CPU. With a half-decent cooler it can easily be 4 to 4.2GHz at least which is a considerable difference in fps.

PS. Some youtube videos are misleading; their goal is popularity and hits.
    Author of WiimoteHook; co-author of Static FPS mods, author of guides to game assembly patching , compiling mesa and high-res screenshots

His framerate in the CEMU emulator says 60fps

and sorry some of the information I provided was actually a little misleading.

My CPU is clocked @ 3.5Ghz.

I don't really do overclocking for anything unless the component comes with a tool for overclocking such as my Gigabyte Graphics card.

Near the open of the Hyrule Castle in some spots no CPU in existence can be 60FPS easily.
    Author of WiimoteHook; co-author of Static FPS mods, author of guides to game assembly patching , compiling mesa and high-res screenshots

I've noticed cemu loves the higher clock speeds. For example I would get 60 fps every where i go with the rare occasion of a fps dips down to 30-40. This has happened a couple of times.

My current specs are:
    ~ CPU : i5 8600k @ 4.8 Ghz
    ~ Corsair h100i v2 Liquid cooling
    ~ GPU: Nvidia GeForce 1070 FE
    ~ RAM: 16 gb Vengence @ 2800 Mhz
    ~ PSU : thermaltake 650
    ~ Motherboard : Z370 GamingPlus

After I over clocked my cpu I'm getting 60 fps everywhere I go. The places where I would usually experience dips on the over clocked set up i'm getting 55-60. Your speeds are normal. If you have a good cooling system i would recommend you overclock that's if your motherboard allows overclocking
    Last edited by dia_naji; 29.05.2018 at 16:09.